Can risk averse competitive input providers serve farmers efficiently in developing countries ?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Paul Makdissi & Quentin Wodon, 2008. "Can Risk Averse Competitive Input Providers Serve Farmers Efficiently in Developing Countries," Working Papers 0808E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Miller, Robert A, 1984. "Job Matching and Occupational Choice," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 92(6), pages 1086-1120, December.
- Louis M. Goreux & Paul R Masson & Dhaneshwar Ghura & Ousmane Badiane, 2002.
"Cotton Sector Strategies in West and Central Africa,"
IMF Working Papers
02/173, International Monetary Fund.
- Badiane, Ousmane & Ghura, Dhaneshwar & Goreux, Louis & Masson, Paul, 2002. "Cotton sector strategies in West and Central Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2867, The World Bank.
- McCall, Brian P., 1991. "A dynamic model of occupational choice," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 387-408, April.
- Poulton, Colin & Gibbon, Peter & Hanyani-Mlambo, Benjamine & Kydd, Jonathan & Maro, Wilbald & Larsen, Marianne Nylandsted & Osorio, Afonso & Tschirley, David & Zulu, Ballard, 2004. "Competition and Coordination in Liberalized African Cotton Market Systems," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(3), pages 519-536, March.
- Stephen R. Boucher & Michael R. Carter & Catherine Guirkinger, 2008. "Risk Rationing and Wealth Effects in Credit Markets: Theory and Implications for Agricultural Development," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 90(2), pages 409-423.
- Akiyama, Takamasa & Baffes, John & Larson, Donald F. & Varangis, Panos, 2003.
"Commodity market reform in Africa: some recent experience,"
Elsevier, vol. 27(1), pages 83-115, March.
- Akiyama, Takamasa & Baffes, John & Larson, Donald F. & Varangis, Panos, 2003. "Commodity market reform in Africa : some recent experience," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2995, The World Bank.
- Jovanovic, Boyan, 1979. "Job Matching and the Theory of Turnover," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(5), pages 972-990, October.
- Paul Makdissi & Cyril Téjédo, 2004. "Un effet externe positif à l'embauche. L'amélioration de la connaissance de la qualité des travailleurs," Revue économique, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 55(1), pages 93-102.
- Wodon, Quentin & Velez, Eduardo, 2001. "Poverty and Inequality," MPRA Paper 12307, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Makdissi Paul & Wodon Quentin, 2005. "The Impact on Farmers of Privatizing Parastatal Agricultural Monopsonies," Journal of Agricultural & Food Industrial Organization, De Gruyter, vol. 3(2), pages 1-11, September.
More about this item
KeywordsRural Poverty Reduction; Economic Theory&Research; Crops&Crop Management Systems; Access to Finance; Rural Development Knowledge&Information Systems;
- H41 - Public Economics - - Publicly Provided Goods - - - Public Goods
- Q12 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Micro Analysis of Farm Firms, Farm Households, and Farm Input Markets
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2009-05-16 (Africa)
- NEP-AGR-2009-05-16 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2009-05-16 (All new papers)
- NEP-DEV-2009-05-16 (Development)
- NEP-LTV-2009-05-16 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wbk:wbrwps:4922. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Roula I. Yazigi). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dvewbus.html .