Un effet externe positif à l'embauche. L'amélioration de la connaissance de la qualité des travailleurs
In this paper, we develop a model in which hiring of unexperienced workers has a public good characteristic in revealing information on workers quality. We analyze the macroeconomic consequences of a microeconomics phenomenon : The job matching. In this framework, we show that a decentralized hiring process of unexperienced workers is suboptimal in regards to firms joint profits. A public hiring policy increases joint profits and, under some conditions, also increases employment. Such a public policy may be seen as a reduction of social charges on low wages. Classification JEL : H41, J23, J68
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Benchekroun, Hassan & van Long, Ngo, 1998.
"Efficiency inducing taxation for polluting oligopolists,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 70(2), pages 325-342, November.
- Hassan Benchekroun & Ngo Van Long, 1997. "Efficiency Inducing Taxation for Polluting Oligopolists," CIRANO Working Papers 97s-21, CIRANO.
- De Borger, Bruno, 1995. "The behavior of public enterprises offering a quasi-public good," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 11(2), pages 265-290, June.
- Drew Fudenberg & Jean Tirole, 1991. "Game Theory," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262061414, December.
- McCall, Brian P., 1991. "A dynamic model of occupational choice," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 387-408, April.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cai:recosp:reco_551_0093. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Jean-Baptiste de Vathaire)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.