Firm Exporting and Employee Benefits: First Evidence from Vietnam Manufacturing SMEs
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Huong Vu & Steven Lim & Mark Holmes & Tinh Doan, 2013. "Firm Exporting and Employee Benefits: First Evidence from Vietnam Manufacturing SMEs," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(1), pages 519-535.
References listed on IDEAS
- Martyn Andrews & Thorsten Schank & Richard Upward, 2006. "Practical fixed-effects estimation methods for the three-way error-components model," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 6(4), pages 461-481, December.
- Andrew Bernard & Joachim Wagner, 1997. "Exports and success in German manufacturing," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 133(1), pages 134-157, March.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Introduction to "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings"," NBER Chapters,in: Schooling, Experience, and Earnings, pages 1-4 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Papke, Leslie E. & Wooldridge, Jeffrey M., 2008. "Panel data methods for fractional response variables with an application to test pass rates," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 145(1-2), pages 121-133, July.
- Breau, Sebastien & Brown, W. Mark, 2011. "Global Links: Exporting, Foreign Direct Investment, and Wages: Evidence from the Canadian Manufacturing Sector," The Canadian Economy in Transition 2011021e, Statistics Canada, Economic Analysis Division.
- Sébastien Breau & David L. Rigby, 2006. "Is There Really an Export Wage Premium? A Case Study of Los Angeles Using Matched Employee-Employer Data," Working Papers 06-06, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Yankow, Jeffrey J., 2006. "Why do cities pay more? An empirical examination of some competing theories of the urban wage premium," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(2), pages 139-161, September.
- Milner, Chris & Wright, Peter, 1998. "Modelling Labour Market Adjustment to Trade Liberalisation in an Industrialising Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 108(447), pages 509-528, March.
- Chris Milner & Verena Tandrayen, 2007. "The Impact of Exporting and Export Destination on Manufacturing Wages: Evidence for Sub-Saharan Africa," Review of Development Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(1), pages 13-30, February.
- Jacob A. Mincer, 1974. "Schooling, Experience, and Earnings," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number minc74-1, June.
- Sébastien Breau & W. Mark Brown, 2011. "Exporting, Foreign Direct Investment, and Wages: Evidence from the Canadian Manufacturing Sector," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 42(3), pages 261-286, September.
- Van Biesebroeck, Johannes, 2005.
"Exporting raises productivity in sub-Saharan African manufacturing firms,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 67(2), pages 373-391, December.
- Johannes Van Biesebroeck, 2003. "Exporting Raises Productivity in Sub-Saharan African Manufacturing Plants," NBER Working Papers 10020, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Simpson, Michael & Dawkins, Peter & Madden, Gary, 1997. "Casual Employment in Australia: Incidence and Determinants," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(69), pages 194-204, December.
- Greenaway, David & Hine, Robert C. & Wright, Peter, 1999. "An empirical assessment of the impact of trade on employment in the United Kingdom," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 15(3), pages 485-500, September.
- Mangan, John & Williams, Christine, 1999. "Casual Employment in Australia: A Further Analysis," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(1), pages 40-50, March.
- Amy Liu, 2004. "Sectoral gender wage gap in Vietnam," Oxford Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 32(2), pages 225-239.
- Nina Torm, 2014. "The Role Of Trade Unions In Vietnam: A Case Study Of Small And Medium Enterprises," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(2), pages 207-221, March.
- Anna Folke Larsen & John Rand & Nina Torm, 2011.
"Do Recruitment Ties Affect Wages? An Analysis using Matched Employer–Employee Data from Vietnam,"
Review of Development Economics,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 15(3), pages 541-555, August.
- Anna Folke Larsen & John Rand & Nina Torm, 2011. "Do recruitment ties affect wages? An analysis using matched employer-employee data from Vietnam," IFRO Working Paper 2011/4, University of Copenhagen, Department of Food and Resource Economics.
- Rand, John & Torm, Nina, 2012. "The Benefits of Formalization: Evidence from Vietnamese Manufacturing SMEs," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 40(5), pages 983-998.
- Marco Stampini & Benjamin Davis, 2009. "Does nonagricultural labor relax farmers' credit constraints? Evidence from longitudinal data for Vietnam," Agricultural Economics, International Association of Agricultural Economists, vol. 40(2), pages 177-188, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Huong Vu & Steven Lim, 2013. "Exports and Firm survival: The first evidence from Vietnam private manufacturing SMEs," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 33(2), pages 1259-1268.
- Cebeci, Tolga, 2014. "Impact of export destinations on firm performance," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6743, The World Bank.
More about this item
Keywordsexporting; wages; employment; Vietnam;
- J21 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Force and Employment, Size, and Structure
- J31 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - Wage Level and Structure; Wage Differentials
- F14 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Empirical Studies of Trade
- F16 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Trade and Labor Market Interactions
- F19 - International Economics - - Trade - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-11-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-CSE-2012-11-17 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-LMA-2012-11-17 (Labor Markets - Supply, Demand, & Wages)
- NEP-SBM-2012-11-17 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-SEA-2012-11-17 (South East Asia)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wai:econwp:12/12. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Brian Silverstone). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dewaknz.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.