Innovation and Development. The Evidence from Innovation Surveys
In this article we investigate the existing evidence on innovation produced by innovation surveys in developing and emerging countries in Europe, Asia, Africa and Latin America. We review the relevant literature, discuss methodological issues, and analyse the results for the countries with the most comparable surveys, considering the well established findings of innovation surveys for Europe as a benchmark. From the evidence we considered, regional patterns are identified and some stylized facts on innovation and development are proposed, pointing out the specificity of innovation processes in economies engaged in industrialisation and catching-up.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: PEGE. 61, Aven. de la Forêt-Noire 67000 Strasbourg|
Phone: +33 3 68 85 20 69
Fax: +33 3 68 85 20 70
Web page: http://www.beta-umr7522.fr/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Orazio Attanasio & Pinelopi Goldberg & Nina Pavcnik, 2003.
"Trade Reforms and Wage Inequiality in Colombia,"
NBER Working Papers
9830, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mohamed Ayadi & Mohieddine Rahmouni & Murat Yildizoglu, 2009. "Determinants of the Innovation Propensity in Tunisia: the Central Role of External Knowledge Sources," Working Papers halshs-00368560, HAL.
- José-Miguel Benavente & Luiz de Mello & Nanno Mulder, 2005. "Fostering Innovation in Chile," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 454, OECD Publishing.
- Jose Miguel Benavente, 2006.
"The role of research and innovation in promoting productivity in chile,"
Economics of Innovation and New Technology,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(4-5), pages 301-315.
- José Miguel Benavente, 2002. "The Role of Research and Innovation in Promoting Productivity in Chile," Working Papers wp200, University of Chile, Department of Economics.
- Jan Fagerberg & Martin Srholec, 2008. "Technology and development: Unpacking the relationship(s)," Working Papers on Innovation Studies 20080623, Centre for Technology, Innovation and Culture, University of Oslo.
- Chadha, Alka, 2009. "Product Cycles, Innovation, and Exports: A Study of Indian Pharmaceuticals," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 37(9), pages 1478-1483, September.
- Abramovitz, Moses, 1986. "Catching Up, Forging Ahead, and Falling Behind," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 46(02), pages 385-406, June.
- Francesco Bogliacino & Alberto José Naranjo Ramos, 2008. "Optimal intellectual property rights protection: the case of Colombia," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 15(20), pages 1-15.
- Aralica Zoran & Račić Domagoj & Radić Dubravko, 2008. "Innovation Propensity in Croatian Enterprises: Results of a Community Innovation Survey," South East European Journal of Economics and Business, De Gruyter Open, vol. 3(1), pages 77-88, April.
- Chudnovsky, Daniel & Lopez, Andres & Pupato, German, 2006. "Innovation and productivity in developing countries: A study of Argentine manufacturing firms' behavior (1992-2001)," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(2), pages 266-288, March.
- Daniele Archibugi & Alberto Coco, 2004.
"A New Indicator of Technological Capabilities for Developed and Developing Countries (ArCo),"
SPRU Working Paper Series
111, SPRU - Science and Technology Policy Research, University of Sussex.
- Archibugi, Daniele & Coco, Alberto, 2004. "A New Indicator of Technological Capabilities for Developed and Developing Countries (ArCo)," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 629-654, April.
- Daniele Archibugi & Alberto Coco, 2004. "A New Indicator of Technological Capabilities for Developed and Developing Countries (ArCo)," CEIS Research Paper 44, Tor Vergata University, CEIS.
- repec:ebl:ecbull:v:15:y:2008:i:20:p:1-15 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ha-Joon Chang, 2001. "Intellectual Property Rights and Economic Development: Historical lessons and emerging issues," Journal of Human Development and Capabilities, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(2), pages 287-309.
- Deardorff, Alan V, 1992. "Welfare Effects of Global Patent Protection," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 59(233), pages 35-51, February.
- João Alberto De Negri & Luiz Esteves & Fernando Freitas, 2007. "Knowledge production and firm growth in Brazil," Working Papers 0057, Universidade Federal do Paraná, Department of Economics.
- José Miguel Benavente, 2005. "Investigación y desarrollo, innovación y productividad: un análisis econométrico a nivel de la firma," Estudios de Economia, University of Chile, Department of Economics, vol. 32(1 Year 20), pages 39-67, June.
- Dosi, Giovanni, 1988. "Sources, Procedures, and Microeconomic Effects of Innovation," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 26(3), pages 1120-71, September.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ulp:sbbeta:2010-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.