Cooperative provision of indivisible public goods
A community faces the obligation of providing an indivisible public good. Each member is capable of providing it at a certain cost and the solution is to rely on the player who can do it at the lowest cost. It is then natural that he or she be compensated by the other players. The question is to know how much they should each contribute. We model this compensation problem as a cost sharing game to which standard allocation rules are applied and related to the solution resulting from the auction procedures proposed by Kleindorfer and Sertel (1994).
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +33 3 68 85 20 69
Fax: +33 3 68 85 20 70
Web page: http://www.beta-umr7522.fr/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Faulhaber, Gerald R, 1975. "Cross-Subsidization: Pricing in Public Enterprises," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(5), pages 966-77, December.
- Kunreuther, Howard & Kleindorfer, Paul & Knez, Peter J. & Yaksick, Rudy, 1987. "A compensation mechanism for siting noxious facilities: Theory and experimental design," Journal of Environmental Economics and Management, Elsevier, vol. 14(4), pages 371-383, December.
- Marc-Hubert Depret & Abdelillah Hamdouch, 2010. "Les clusters et les réseaux comme fondements de la dynamique d'innovation dans l'industrie biopharmaceutique," Working Papers of BETA 2010-11, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- S. C. Littlechild & G. Owen, 1973. "A Simple Expression for the Shapley Value in a Special Case," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(3), pages 370-372, November.
- DEHEZ, Pierre, 2009. "Allocation of fixed costs and the weighted Shapley value," CORE Discussion Papers 2009035, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Kleindorfer Paul R. & Sertel Murat R., 1994. "Auctioning the Provision of an Indivisible Public Good," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 64(1), pages 20-34, October.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ulp:sbbeta:2010-14. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.