Equal-need sharing of a network under connectivity constraints
We propose a simple division of the costs of non-rival resources, when a user's need can be met by different subsets of the resources, and no resource is redundant. Our method is characterized by the Stand Alone core property, additivity in costs, and a symmetry requirement.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Shapley, Lloyd S & Shubik, Martin, 1969. "On the Core of an Economic System with Externalities," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(4), pages 678-684, Part I Se.
- Faulhaber, Gerald R, 1975. "Cross-Subsidization: Pricing in Public Enterprises," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 65(5), pages 966-977, December.
- S. C. Littlechild & G. Owen, 1973. "A Simple Expression for the Shapley Value in a Special Case," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 20(3), pages 370-372, November.
- S. H. Tijs & M. Koster & E. Molina & Y. Sprumont, 2002.
"Sharing the cost of a network: core and core allocations,"
International Journal of Game Theory,
Springer;Game Theory Society, vol. 30(4), pages 567-599.
- Koster, M.A.L. & Molina, E. & Sprumont, Y. & Tijs, S.H., 2001. "Sharing the cost of a network : Core and core allocations," Other publications TiSEM 20f62f3f-75ba-4fcd-abdc-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.