Data Games: Sharing Public Goods with Exclusion
A group of agents considers collaborating on a project which requires putting together elements owned by some of them. These elements are pure public goods with exclusion i.e. nonrival but excludable goods like for instance knowledge, data or information, patents or copyrights. The present paper addresses the question of how should agents be compensated for the goods they own. It is shown that this problem can be framed as a cost sharing game - called â€˜data gameâ€™ - to which standard cost sharing rules like the Shapley value or the nucleolus can then be applied and compared.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 15 (2013)
Issue (Month): 4 (08)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/journal.asp?ref=1097-3923|
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.blackwellpublishing.com/subs.asp?ref=1097-3923|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- DEHEZ, Pierre & TELLONE, Daniela, .
"Data games: sharing public goods with exclusion,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
2481, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Thierry Burger-Helmchen & Laurence Frank, 2011.
"La création de rentes : une approche par les compétences et capacités dynamiques,"
De Boeck Université, vol. 0(2), pages 89-111.
- Thierry Burger-Helmchen & Laurence Frank, 2011. "La création de rentes : une approche par les compétences et capacités dynamiques," Working Papers of BETA 2011-01, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- DEHEZ, Pierre & TELLONE, Daniela, 2008.
"Data games. Sharing public goods with exclusion,"
CORE Discussion Papers
2008010, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Pierre Dehez & Daniela Tellone, 2009. "Data Games : Sharing public goods with exclusion," Working Papers of BETA 2009-31, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Pierre, DEHEZ & Daniela, TELLONE, 2008. "Data games. Sharing public goods with exclusion," Discussion Papers (ECON - Département des Sciences Economiques) 2008010, Université catholique de Louvain, Département des Sciences Economiques.
- Pierre Dehez & Daniela Tellone, 2011. "Data games: Sharing public goods with exclusion," Working Papers of BETA 2011-04, Bureau d'Economie Théorique et Appliquée, UDS, Strasbourg.
- Joël-Thomas Ravix & Sylvain Béal & Marc Deschamps & Olivier Sautel, 2010.
"Les informations exigées par la législation REACH : analyse du partage des coûts,"
- Sylvain Béal & Marc Deschamps & Joël-Thomas Ravix & Olivier Sautel, 2010. "Les informations exigées par la législation REACH : Analyse du partage des coûts," Revue d'économie politique, Dalloz, vol. 120(6), pages 991-1014.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:jpbect:v:15:y:2013:i:4:p:654-673. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.