Salarios Femeninos en el Uruguay ¿Existe un Techo de Cristal?
The aim of this article is to answer the question of whether women in Uruguay face a glass ceiling. To do this, the conditional gender wage gap is evaluated along the empirical wage distribution function. Separated quantile regression for women and men are estimated. We evaluate the counterfactual gap between the observed male wage and what this would be if men?s characteristics were remunerated in accordance with women?s wage distribution. After this the counterfactual gap is also evaluated for women?s wages. The results suggest that women?s wages are a¤ected by a glass ceiling.
|Date of creation:||Aug 2004|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Constituyente 1502, 6to piso, CP 11200, Montevideo|
Phone: (598) 2410-6449
Fax: (598) 2410-6450
Web page: http://cienciassociales.edu.uy/departamentodeeconomia/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Fernanda Rivas & Máximo Rossi, 2002.
"Evolución de las diferencias salariales entre el sector público y el sector privado en Uruguay,"
Documentos de Trabajo (working papers)
0202, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Maximo Rossi & Fernanda Rivas, 2004. "Evolución de las diferencias salariales entre el sector público y el sector privado en Uruguay," Labor and Demography 0409010, EconWPA.
- Albrecht, James & Björklund, Anders & Vroman, Susan, 2001.
"Is There a Glass Ceiling in Sweden?,"
IZA Discussion Papers
282, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Heckman, James, 2013.
"Sample selection bias as a specification error,"
Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 31(3), pages 129-137.
- repec:uwp:jhriss:v:8:y:1973:i:4:p:436-455 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:cmf:wpaper:wp2004_03 is not listed on IDEAS
- Neuman, Shoshana & Oaxaca, Ronald L, 1998. "Estimating Labour Market Discrimination with Selectivity Corrected Wage Equations: Methodological Considerations and an Illustration from Israel," CEPR Discussion Papers 1915, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Javier Gardeazabal & Arantza Ugidos, "undated". "Measuring the gender gap at different quantiles of the wage distribution," Studies on the Spanish Economy 108, FEDEA.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ude:wpaper:0504. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Andrea Doneschi)or (Héctor Pastori)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.