The Effect of Population Aging on Economic Growth
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Kogel, Tomas, 2005. "Youth dependency and total factor productivity," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 147-173, February.
- James Feyrer, 2007. "Demographics and Productivity," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 89(1), pages 100-109, February.
- J. M. C. Santos Silva & Silvana Tenreyro, 2006.
"The Log of Gravity,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 88(4), pages 641-658, November.
- Joao Santos Silva & Silvana Tenreyro, 2005. "The Log of Gravity," CEP Discussion Papers dp0701, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Santos Silva, J.M.C & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2005. "The Log of Gravity," CEPR Discussion Papers 5311, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Santos Silva, Joao & Tenreyro, Silvana, 2005. "The log of gravity," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 3744, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- V. Vandenberghe, 2017.
"The productivity challenge. What to expect from better-quality labour and capital inputs?,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(40), pages 4013-4025, August.
- Vincent Vandeberghe, 2016. "The Productivity Challenge : What to expect from better-quality labour and capital inputs?," Discussion Papers (IRES - Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales) 2016030, Université catholique de Louvain, Institut de Recherches Economiques et Sociales (IRES).
- repec:wsi:jicepx:v:08:y:2017:i:02:n:s1793993317500089 is not listed on IDEAS
- Casper Worm Hansen & Holger Strulik, 2017.
"Life expectancy and education: evidence from the cardiovascular revolution,"
Journal of Economic Growth,
Springer, vol. 22(4), pages 421-450, December.
- Hansen, Casper Worm & Strulik, Holger, 2015. "Life expectancy and education: Evidence from the cardiovascular revolution," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 261, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Casper Worm Hansen & Holger Strulik, 2015. "Life Expectancy and Education: Evidence from the Cardiovascular Revolution," Discussion Papers 15-01, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Daron Acemoglu & Pascual Restrepo, 2017.
"Secular Stagnation? The Effect of Aging on Economic Growth in the Age of Automation,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 107(5), pages 174-179, May.
- Daron Acemoglu & Pascual Restrepo, 2017. "Secular Stagnation? The Effect of Aging on Economic Growth in the Age of Automation," NBER Working Papers 23077, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Niklas J Westelius & Yihan Liu, 2016. "The Impact of Demographics on Productivity and Inflation in Japan," IMF Working Papers 16/237, International Monetary Fund.
- Frank T. Denton & Byron G. Spencer, 2018. "The Differential Effects of Population Aging on Provincial GDP per capita and the Role of Productivity Growth as a Possible offset," Department of Economics Working Papers 2018-04, McMaster University.
- Fernald, John G., 2016. "Reassessing Longer-Run U.S. Growth: How Low?," Working Paper Series 2016-18, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
More about this item
Keywordspopulation aging; GDP growth; demographic transitions;
- J11 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Demographic Trends, Macroeconomic Effects, and Forecasts
- J14 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - Economics of the Elderly; Economics of the Handicapped; Non-Labor Market Discrimination
- J23 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Labor Demand
- J26 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Retirement; Retirement Policies
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2014-12-29 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-ALL-2014-12-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-GRO-2014-12-29 (Economic Growth)
- NEP-PBE-2014-12-29 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sip:dpaper:14-012. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Anne Shor). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cestaus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.