Age Dependency and Labor Productivity Divergence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 1999.
"Why do Some Countries Produce So Much More Output Per Worker than Others?,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 114(1), pages 83-116.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 1998. "Why Do Some Countries Produce So Much More Output per Worker than Others?"," Working Papers 98007, Stanford University, Department of Economics.
- Robert E. Hall & Charles I. Jones, 1999. "Why Do Some Countries Produce So Much More Output per Worker than Others?," NBER Working Papers 6564, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- F. Arizala & E. Cavallo & A. Galindo, 2013.
"Financial development and TFP growth: cross-country and industry-level evidence,"
Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(6), pages 433-448, March.
- Francisco Arizala & Eduardo Cavallo & Arturo Galindo, 2009. "Financial Development and TFP Growth: Cross-Country and Industry-Level Evidence," Research Department Publications 4630, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Arizala, Francisco & Cavallo, Eduardo A. & Galindo, Arturo, 2011. "Financial Development and TFP Growth: Cross-Country and Industry-Level Evidence," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 1654, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Robert J. Barro, 1991.
"Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 106(2), pages 407-443.
- Barro, R.J., 1989. "Economic Growth In A Cross Section Of Countries," RCER Working Papers 201, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Robert J. Barro, 1989. "Economic Growth in a Cross Section of Countries," NBER Working Papers 3120, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bourles, Renaud & Cette, Gilbert, 2007.
"Trends in "structural" productivity levels in the major industrialized countries,"
Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 151-156, April.
- Bourlès, R. & Cette, G., 2006. "Trends in "structural" productivity levels in the major industrialized countries," Working papers 156, Banque de France.
- Robert G. King & Ross Levine, 1993. "Finance and Growth: Schumpeter Might Be Right," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 717-737.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Khuong Vu, 2007.
"Information Technology and the World Growth Resurgence,"
German Economic Review,
Verein für Socialpolitik, vol. 8, pages 125-145, May.
- Dale W. Jorgenson & Khuong Vu, 2006. "Information Technology and The World Growth Resurgence," Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series d06-181, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Pekka Ilmakunnas & Mika Maliranta, 2005.
"Technology, Labour Characteristics and Wage‐productivity Gaps,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 67(5), pages 623-645, October.
- Ilmakunnas, Pekka & Maliranta, Mika, 2003. "Technology, Labor Characteristic and Wage-productivity Gaps," Discussion Papers 860, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Daron Acemoglu & Fabrizio Zilibotti, 2001.
The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 116(2), pages 563-606.
- Acemoglu, D. & Zilibotti, F., 1998. "Productivity Differences," Papers 660, Stockholm - International Economic Studies.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 2000. "Productivity Differences," CEPR Discussion Papers 2498, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Daron Acemoglu & Fabrizio Zilbotti, 1999. "Productivity Differences," NBER Working Papers 6879, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Acemoglu, Daron & Zilibotti, Fabrizio, 1998. "Productivity Differences," Seminar Papers 660, Stockholm University, Institute for International Economic Studies.
- Hausman, Jerry, 2015.
"Specification tests in econometrics,"
Applied Econometrics, Publishing House "SINERGIA PRESS", vol. 38(2), pages 112-134.
- Kogel, Tomas, 2005. "Youth dependency and total factor productivity," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 76(1), pages 147-173, February.
- Paul Beaudry & Fabrice Collard, 2002. "Why has the Employment-Productivity Tradeoff among Industrialized Countries been so strong?," NBER Working Papers 8754, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Prescott, Edward C, 1998. "Needed: A Theory of Total Factor Productivity," International Economic Review, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania and Osaka University Institute of Social and Economic Research Association, vol. 39(3), pages 525-551, August.
- Michael Sarel, 1995. "Demographic Dynamics and the Empirics of Economic Growth," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 42(2), pages 398-410, June.
- James Feyrer, 2007. "Demographics and Productivity," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 89(1), pages 100-109, February.
More about this item
Keywordslabour productivity growth; Age dependency; panel fixed effects;
- C22 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes
- C23 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Single Equation Models; Single Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGE-2013-03-09 (Economics of Ageing)
- NEP-DEM-2013-03-09 (Demographic Economics)
- NEP-EFF-2013-03-09 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-PBE-2013-03-09 (Public Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pia:wpaper:113/2013. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ubaldo Pizzoli). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/deperit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.