Segmenting Internet shoppers based on their web-usage-related lifestyle: a cross-cultural validation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Brengman, Malaika & Geuens, Maggie & Weijters, Bert & Smith, Scott M. & Swinyard, William R., 2005. "Segmenting Internet shoppers based on their Web-usage-related lifestyle: a cross-cultural validation," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 79-88, January.
References listed on IDEAS
- Thomas P. Novak & Donna L. Hoffman & Yiu-Fai Yung, 2000. "Measuring the Customer Experience in Online Environments: A Structural Modeling Approach," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 19(1), pages 22-42, May.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thøgersen, John, 2017. "Housing-related lifestyle and energy saving: A multi-level approach," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 73-87.
- Shweta Pandey & Deepak Chawla, 2016. "Impact of changing consumer lifestyles and website quality on online satisfaction and loyalty - an emerging market framework," International Journal of Indian Culture and Business Management, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 12(1), pages 50-71.
- Ahlert, Dieter & Evanschitzky, Heiner & Thesing, Miriam, 2006. "Kundentypologie in der Multikanalwelt: Ergebnisse einer Online- und Offline-Befragung," Working Papers 44, University of Münster, Competence Center Internet Economy and Hybrid Systems, European Research Center for Information Systems (ERCIS).
- M. Geuens & D. Vantomme & G. Goessaert & B. Weijters, 2003.
"Assessing the impact of offline URL advertising,"
Working Papers of Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, Ghent University, Belgium
03/163, Ghent University, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration.
- Maggie Geuens & Delphine Vantomme & Bert Weijters, 2003. "Assessing the impact of offline URL advertising," Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School Working Paper Series 2003-4, Vlerick Leuven Gent Management School.
- DÃaz, AsunciÃ³n & GÃ³mez, Mar & Molina, Arturo, 2017. "A comparison of online and offline consumer behaviour: An empirical study on a cinema shopping context," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 38(C), pages 44-50.
- Ratchaneekorn Dansirichaisawat, 2014. "Discovering Environmental Attitude and Lifestyle Segmentation of Green Consumers: a Conceptual Model for Research," Journal of Social and Development Sciences, AMH International, vol. 5(2), pages 102-110.
- Thøgersen, John, 2018. "Transport-related lifestyle and environmentally-friendly travel mode choices: A multi-level approach," Transportation Research Part A: Policy and Practice, Elsevier, vol. 107(C), pages 166-186.
- Ben Arfi, Wissal & Ben Nasr, Imed & Khvatova, Tatiana & Ben Zaied, Younes, 2021. "Understanding acceptance of eHealthcare by IoT natives and IoT immigrants: An integrated model of UTAUT, perceived risk, and financial cost," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 163(C).
- Pradip Swarnakar & Ajay Kumar & Sanjay Kumar, 2016. "Why generation Y prefers online shopping: a study of young customers of India," International Journal of Business Forecasting and Marketing Intelligence, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 2(3), pages 215-232.
- Rotem-Mindali, Orit, 2010. "E-tail versus retail: The effects on shopping related travel empirical evidence from Israel," Transport Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(5), pages 312-322, September.
- Onetiu Daniel Darius & Glovatchi Bogdana, 2020. "Digital Transformation Of The Education System. From Adaptability To Performance," Annals - Economy Series, Constantin Brancusi University, Faculty of Economics, vol. 6, pages 95-102, December.
- Pandey, Shweta & Chawla, Deepak, 2014. "E-lifestyles of Indian online shoppers: A scale validation," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 1068-1074.
- Giao, Ha Nam Khanh & Phuong, Nguyen Hoai, 2013. "Consumer behavior in Groupon business in Vietnam," OSF Preprints ea5jn, Center for Open Science.
- Kim, Mingyung & Kim, Jeeyeon & Choi, Jeonghye & Trivedi, Minakshi, 2017. "Mobile Shopping Through Applications: Understanding Application Possession and Mobile Purchase," Journal of Interactive Marketing, Elsevier, vol. 39(C), pages 55-68.
- Frasquet, Marta & Ieva, Marco & Ziliani, Cristina, 2021. "Online channel adoption in supermarket retailing," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 59(C).
- Farid Huseynov & Sevgi Ã–zkan YÄ±ldÄ±rÄ±m, 2019. "Online Consumer Typologies and Their Shopping Behaviors in B2C E-Commerce Platforms," SAGE Open, , vol. 9(2), pages 21582440198, May.
- Ganesh, Jaishankar & Reynolds, Kristy E. & Luckett, Michael & Pomirleanu, Nadia, 2010. "Online Shopper Motivations, and e-Store Attributes: An Examination of Online Patronage Behavior and Shopper Typologies," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 86(1), pages 106-115.
- Karimi, Sahar & Holland, Christopher P. & Papamichail, K. Nadia, 2018. "The impact of consumer archetypes on online purchase decision-making processes and outcomes: A behavioural process perspective," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 91(C), pages 71-82.
- Banerjee, Arindam & Banerjee, Tanushri, 2016. "Web Content Analysis of Online Grocery Shopping Web Sites in India," IIMA Working Papers WP2016-03-01, Indian Institute of Management Ahmedabad, Research and Publication Department.
- Chiang, Lan-Lung (Luke) & Yang, Chin-Sheng, 2018. "Does country-of-origin brand personality generate retail customer lifetime value? A Big Data analytics approach," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 130(C), pages 177-187.
- Bressolles, GrÃ©gory & Durrieu, FranÃ§ois & Senecal, Sylvain, 2014. "A consumer typology based on e-service quality and e-satisfaction," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 889-896.
- Pérez-Hernández, Javier & Sánchez-Mangas, Rocío, 2011. "To have or not to have Internet at home: Implications for online shopping," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 23(3), pages 213-226.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Ding, David Xin & Hu, Paul Jen-Hwa & Sheng, Olivia R. Liu, 2011. "e-SELFQUAL: A scale for measuring online self-service quality," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 64(5), pages 508-515, May.
- Martins, José & Costa, Catarina & Oliveira, Tiago & Gonçalves, Ramiro & Branco, Frederico, 2019. "How smartphone advertising influences consumers' purchase intention," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 94(C), pages 378-387.
- Christophe Bezes, 2011. "Types de risques perçus et réducteurs de risques dans le commerce électronique : le cas du site Fnac.com," Post-Print hal-02086726, HAL.
- Pennings, J.S.J. & van Kranenburg, H.L. & Hagedoorn, J., 2005. "Past, present and future of the telecommunications industry," Research Memorandum 016, Maastricht University, Maastricht Research School of Economics of Technology and Organization (METEOR).
- repec:dgr:rugsom:04f04 is not listed on IDEAS
- Gwijeong Park & Fangxin Chen & Le Cheng, 2021. "A Study on the Millennials Usage Behavior of Social Network Services: Effects of Motivation, Density, and Centrality on Continuous Intention to Use," Sustainability, MDPI, Open Access Journal, vol. 13(5), pages 1-19, March.
- MÃ¤enpÃ¤Ã¤, Katariina & Kale, Sudhir H. & Kuusela, Hannu & Mesiranta, Nina, 2008. "Consumer perceptions of Internet banking in Finland: The moderating role of familiarity," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 15(4), pages 266-276.
- Juan Miguel Alcántara-Pilar & Salvador del Barrio-García & Lucia Porcu & Esmeralda Crespo-Almendros, 2015. "Motivational Duality in Online Consumer Behaviour: Website Usability and Flow State as Moderating Factors," International Journal of Business and Economics, School of Management Development, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan, vol. 14(1), pages 79-104, June.
- Carolina Herrando & Julio Jiménez-Martínez & María José Martín-De Hoyos, 0. "Passion at first sight: how to engage users in social commerce contexts," Electronic Commerce Research, Springer, vol. 0, pages 1-20.
- anonymous, 2006. "Editorial: Thanks to the Many Individuals Who Make Publication of Possible," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(4), pages 293-300, 07-08.
- Youn Kang & Won Lee, 2015. "Self-customization of online service environments by users and its effect on their continuance intention," Service Business, Springer;Pan-Pacific Business Association, vol. 9(2), pages 321-342, June.
- Sarv Devaraj & Ming Fan & Rajiv Kohli, 2002. "Antecedents of B2C Channel Satisfaction and Preference: Validating e-Commerce Metrics," Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 13(3), pages 316-333, September.
- Morgan-Thomas, Anna & Veloutsou, Cleopatra, 2013. "Beyond technology acceptance: Brand relationships and online brand experience," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 66(1), pages 21-27.
- Mollen, Anne & Wilson, Hugh, 2010. "Engagement, telepresence and interactivity in online consumer experience: Reconciling scholastic and managerial perspectives," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 63(9-10), pages 919-925, September.
- Han, Sang-Lin & An, Myounga & Han, Jerry J. & Lee, Jiyoung, 2020. "Telepresence, time distortion, and consumer traits of virtual reality shopping," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 118(C), pages 311-320.
- Shabnam H. A. Zanjani & George R. Milne & Elizabeth G. Miller, 2016. "Procrastinators’ online experience and purchase behavior," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Springer, vol. 44(5), pages 568-585, September.
- Obada Daniel RARES, 2014. "Exploring The Mediating Role Of Perceived Quality Between Online Flow And Customer’S Online Purchase Intention On A Restaurant E-Commerce Website," THE YEARBOOK OF THE "GH. ZANE" INSTITUTE OF ECONOMIC RESEARCHES, Gheorghe Zane Institute for Economic and Social Research ( from THE ROMANIAN ACADEMY, JASSY BRANCH), vol. 23(1), pages 35-44.
- Zhu, Zhen & Nakata, Cheryl & Sivakumar, K. & Grewal, Dhruv, 2013. "Fix It or Leave It? Customer Recovery from Self-service Technology Failures," Journal of Retailing, Elsevier, vol. 89(1), pages 15-29.
- Li, Han & Gupta, Ashish & Zhang, Jie & Flor, Nick, 2020. "Who will use augmented reality? An integrated approach based on text analytics and field survey," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 281(3), pages 502-516.
- LIN Cheng-Ta Lin & CHUANG Shuang-Shii, 2018. "The Importance Of Brand Image On Consumer Purchase Attitude: A Case Study Of E-Commerce In Taiwan," Studies in Busine and Economics, Lucian Blaga University of Sibiu, Faculty of Economic Sciences, vol. 13(3), pages 91-104, December.
- McDowell, William C. & Wilson, Rachel C. & Kile, Charles Owen, 2016. "An examination of retail website design and conversion rate," Journal of Business Research, Elsevier, vol. 69(11), pages 4837-4842.
More about this item
KeywordsInternet segmentation; Internet lifestyle; cross-cultural research; e-shoppers; scale validation;
All these keywords.
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-COM-2004-02-01 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-INO-2004-06-02 (Innovation)
- NEP-NET-2004-04-11 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rug:rugwps:03/205. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ferugbe.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Nathalie Verhaeghe (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/ferugbe.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.