Universal service financing in competitive postal markets:One size does not fit all
In the postal sector, the net cost of universal service depends on the content of the service, the postal market characteristics and the country’s geographical configuration. These three groups of factors affect both the direct cost of providing the service and the extent of competition on the market. In this paper, we consider countries with different geographical characteristics and we show that the choice of an appropriate mechanism to share the cost of universal service between market participants depends on the country configuration. Thus, for universal service financing, one size does not fit all.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Boulevard du Rectorat, 7, Batiment 31, boite 39, 4000 Liege|
Phone: + 32 (0) 4 366 31 08
Fax: + 32 (0) 4 366 31 06
Web page: http://www2.ulg.ac.be/crepp/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gonzales dâ€™Alcantara & Axel Gautier, 2008.
"National Postal Strategies after a Full Postal Market Opening,"
in: Competition and Regulation in the Postal and Delivery Sector, chapter 12
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- D’ALCANTARA, Gonzales & GAUTIER, Axel, . "National postal strategies after a full postal market opening," CORE Discussion Papers RP 2006, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Philippe Choné & Laurent Flochel & Anne Perrot, 1999.
"Allocating and Funding Universal Service Obligations in a Competitive Network Market,"
99-55, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Philippe Chone & Laurent Flochel & Anne Perrot, 2000. "Allocating and Funding Universal Service Obligations in a Competitive Network Market," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0213, Econometric Society.
- de Bijl, P.W.J. & van Damme, E.E.C. & Larouche, P., 2006.
"Regulating access to stimulate competition in postal markets?,"
Other publications TiSEM
21b1fca3-5f00-4ffa-849d-3, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- de Bijl, P.W.J. & van Damme, E.E.C. & Larouche, P., 2005. "Regulating Access to Stimulate Competition in Postal Markets," Discussion Paper 2005-026, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- repec:cor:louvrp:-2006 is not listed on IDEAS
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rpp:wpaper:1004. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Mathieu Lefebvre)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.