Universal Service Financing in Competitive Postal Markets: One Size Does Not Fit All
In the postal sector, the financial burden of the universal service depends on its content, the postal market characteristics and the countrys geographical configuration. These three groups of factors affect both the direct cost of providing the service and the extent of competition on the market. In this paper, we consider countries with different geographical characteristics and we show that the choice of an appropriate mechanism to share the burden of universal service between market participants depends on the country configuration. Thus, for universal service financing, one size does not fit all.
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 10 (2011)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.degruyter.com|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.degruyter.com/view/j/rne|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:cor:louvrp:-2006 is not listed on IDEAS
- Dâ€™ALCANTARA, Gonzales & GAUTIER, Axel, .
"National postal strategies after a full postal market opening,"
CORE Discussion Papers RP
2006, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Gonzales dâ€™Alcantara & Axel Gautier, 2008. "National Postal Strategies after a Full Postal Market Opening," Chapters, in: Competition and Regulation in the Postal and Delivery Sector, chapter 12 Edward Elgar.
- Philippe Choné & Laurent Flochel & Anne Perrot, 1999.
"Allocating and Funding Universal Service Obligations in a Competitive Network Market,"
99-55, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Philippe Chone & Laurent Flochel & Anne Perrot, 2000. "Allocating and Funding Universal Service Obligations in a Competitive Network Market," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 0213, Econometric Society.
- de Bijl, P.W.J. & van Damme, E.E.C. & Larouche, P., 2005.
"Regulating Access to Stimulate Competition in Postal Markets,"
2005-026, Tilburg University, Tilburg Law and Economic Center.
- de Bijl, P.W.J. & van Damme, E.E.C. & Larouche, P., 2006. "Regulating access to stimulate competition in postal markets?," Other publications TiSEM 21b1fca3-5f00-4ffa-849d-3, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bpj:rneart:v:10:y:2011:i:3:n:6. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Peter Golla)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.