Does Eco-Certification Have Environmental Benefits? Organic Coffee in Costa Rica
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Blackman, Allen & Naranjo, Maria A., 2012. "Does eco-certification have environmental benefits? Organic coffee in Costa Rica," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 83(C), pages 58-66.
- Blackman, Allen & Naranjo, Maria A., 2010. "Does Eco-Certification Have Environmental Benefits? Organic Coffee in Costa Rica," Discussion Papers dp-10-58, Resources For the Future.
References listed on IDEAS
- John A. List & Daniel L. Millimet & Per G. Fredriksson & W. Warren McHone, 2003.
"Effects of Environmental Regulations on Manufacturing Plant Births: Evidence from a Propensity Score Matching Estimator,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 85(4), pages 944-952, November.
- Per Fredriksson & John List & Warren McHone & Daniel Millimet, 2003. "Effects of Environmental Regulations on Manufacturing Plant Births: Evidence from a Propensity Score Matching Estimator," Natural Field Experiments 00501, The Field Experiments Website.
- Rajeev H. Dehejia & Sadek Wahba, 2002.
"Propensity Score-Matching Methods For Nonexperimental Causal Studies,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 84(1), pages 151-161, February.
- Rajeev H. Dehejia & Sadek Wahba, 1998. "Propensity Score Matching Methods for Non-experimental Causal Studies," NBER Working Papers 6829, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Blackman, Allen & Lahiri, Bidisha & Pizer, William & Rivera Planter, Marisol & Muñoz Piña, Carlos, 2010.
"Voluntary environmental regulation in developing countries: Mexico's Clean Industry Program,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Management,
Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 182-192, November.
- Blackman, Allen & Lahiri, Bidisha & Pizer, William A. & Planter, Marisol Rivera & Piña, Carlos Muñoz, 2010. "Voluntary Environmental Regulation in Developing Countries: Mexico's Clean Industry Program," Discussion Papers dp-07-36-rev, Resources For the Future.
- Frondel, Manuel & Schmidt, Christoph M., 2005.
"Evaluating environmental programs: The perspective of modern evaluation research,"
Elsevier, vol. 55(4), pages 515-526, December.
- Frondel, Manuel & Schmidt, Christoph M., 2001. "Evaluating Environmental Programs: The Perspective of Modern Evaluation Research," IZA Discussion Papers 397, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Frondel, Manuel & Schmidt, Christoph M., 2001. "Evaluating environmental programs: the perspective of modern evaluation research," ZEW Discussion Papers 01-59, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hernandez-Aguilera, Juan N. & Gómez, Miguel I. & Rodewald, Amanda D. & Rueda, Ximena & Anunu, Colleen & Bennett, Ruth & Schindelbeck, Robert R. & van Es, Harold M., 2015. "Impacts of smallholder participation in high-quality coffee markets: The Relationship Coffee Model," 2015 AAEA & WAEA Joint Annual Meeting, July 26-28, San Francisco, California 205650, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association;Western Agricultural Economics Association.
- Takahashi, Ryo & Todo, Yasuyuki, 2015. "Coffee certification and forest quality: A case in Ethiopia," 2015 Conference, August 9-14, 2015, Milan, Italy 211939, International Association of Agricultural Economists.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:99:y:2017:i:c:p:285-298 is not listed on IDEAS
- Oswaldo Viteri Salazar & Jesus Ramos-Martin & Pedro L. Lomas, 2016. "Using household types for improving livelihood strategies of smallholders: coffee and cocoa producers in the Northern Amazon of Ecuador," Documentos de Trabajo FLACSO Ecuador 2016_02, Facultad Latinoamericana de Ciencias Sociales (FLACSO).
- Jurjonas, Matthew & Crossman, Katie & Solomon, Jennifer & Baez, Walter Lopez, 2016. "Potential Links Between Certified Organic Coffee and Deforestation in a Protected Area in Chiapas, Mexico," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 13-21.
- repec:eee:wdevel:v:96:y:2017:i:c:p:294-314 is not listed on IDEAS
- Takahashi, Ryo & Todo, Yasuyuki, 2017. "Coffee Certification and Forest Quality: Evidence from a Wild Coffee Forest in Ethiopia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 92(C), pages 158-166.
- Bullock Graham, 2015. "Signaling the credibility of private actors as public agents: transparency, independence, and expertise in environmental evaluations of products and companies," Business and Politics, De Gruyter, vol. 17(2), pages 177-219, August.
- Blackman, Allen & Rivera, Jorge, 2010.
"The Evidence Base for Environmental and Socioeconomic Impacts of “Sustainable” Certification,"
dp-10-17, Resources For the Future.
- Blackman, Allen & Rivera, Jorge, 2010. "The Evidence Base for Environmental and Socioeconomic Impacts of “Sustainable” Certification," Discussion Papers dp-10-10-efd, Resources For the Future.
- Podhorsky, Andrea, 2015. "A positive analysis of Fairtrade certification," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 116(C), pages 169-185.
- Oswaldo Viteri & Jesus Ramos-Martin, 2014. "Principales patrones de uso del suelo como generadores de ingresos económicos de los pequeños productores de café y cacao en la Amazonía norte del Ecuador," UHE Working papers 2014_02, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Departament d'Economia i Història Econòmica, Unitat d'Història Econòmica.
- Ibanez, Marcela & Blackman, Allen, 2016. "Is Eco-Certification a Win–Win for Developing Country Agriculture? Organic Coffee Certification in Colombia," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 82(C), pages 14-27.
- Wollni, Meike & Andersson, Camilla I.M., 2013. "Spatial patterns of organic agriculture adoption: evidence from Honduras," Discussion Papers 146715, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Wollni, Meike & Andersson, Camilla, 2014. "Spatial patterns of organic agriculture adoption: Evidence from Honduras," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 97(C), pages 120-128.
- Chiputwa, Brian & Qaim, Matin, 2014. "Sustainability standards, gender, and nutrition among smallholder farmers in Uganda," Discussion Papers 191001, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Ibanez, Marcela & Blackmann, Allen, 2015. "Environmental and economic impacts of growing certified organic coffee in Colombia," Discussion Papers 197071, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.
- Nuva & Yusif & Nia Kurniawati H. & Hanna, 2013. "Impact of Eco-Labelling on Indonesia's Smallholder Coffee Farmers," EEPSEA Research Report rr2013032, Economy and Environment Program for Southeast Asia (EEPSEA), revised Mar 2013.
- Javier Alejandro López Aguilar, 2016. "Efectos potenciales de los certificados ambientales sobre la cobertura forestal de los cafetales en México," Graduate theses (Spanish) TESG 012, CIDE, División de Economía.
- Kleemann, Linda & Abdulai, Awudu, 2013. "Organic certification, agro-ecological practices and return on investment: Evidence from pineapple producers in Ghana," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 93(C), pages 330-341.
- Wollni, Meike & Andersson, Camilla I.M., 2013. "Spatial effects in organic agriculture adoption in Honduras: the role of social conformity, positive externalities, and information," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 149911, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
More about this item
Keywordscertification; coffee; Costa Rica; propensity score matching;
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
- Q20 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Renewable Resources and Conservation - - - General
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rff:dpaper:dp-10-25-efd. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Webmaster). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/degraus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.