Dynamic labor supply and saving incentives in privatized pension systems: evidence from Chile
government can increase total household savings by 14% by increasing the required contribution rate by 5 percentage points. However, it also lowers pension system coverage by 5 percentage points as people leave the covered sector for the uncovered sector.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/society.htmEmail:
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Holzmann, Robert & Palacios, Robert & Zviniene, Asta, 2004. "Implicit pension debt: issues, measurement and scope in international perspective," Social Protection Discussion Papers 30153, The World Bank.
- Solange Berstein & Guillermo Larraín & Francisco Pino, 2005. "Cobertura, densidad y pensiones en Chile: Proyecciones a 20 años plazo," Working Papers 12, Superintendencia de Pensiones, revised Nov 2005.
- Alex Michaelides & Francisco Gomes & Valery Polkovnichenko, 2006.
"Wealth Accumulation and Portfolio Choice with Taxable and Tax-Deferred Accounts,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2006
23, Society for Computational Economics.
- Gomes, Francisco J & Michaelides, Alexander & Polkovnichenko, Valery, 2005. "Wealth Accumulation and Portfolio Choice with Taxable and Tax-Deferred Accounts," CEPR Discussion Papers 4852, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Alberto Arenas de Mesa & Jere Behrman & David Bravo, 2001. "Characteristics of and determinants of the density of contributions in a Private Social Security System," Working Papers wp077, University of Michigan, Michigan Retirement Research Center.
- David M, Blau & Donna B, Gilleskie, 2003.
"Health Insurance and Retirement of Married Couples,"
2003-41, Centre de Recherche en Economie et Statistique.
- Donna B. Gilleskie & David M. Blau, 2006. "Health insurance and retirement of married couples," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 21(7), pages 935-953.
- Piggot, John & Robalino, David & Jimenez-Martin, Sergi, 2008. "Incentive Effects of Retirement Income Transfers," MPRA Paper 12020, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Sergi Jiménez-Martín & Alfonso R. Sánchez, 2003.
"An evaluation of the life-cycle effects of minimum pensions on retirement behavior,"
Economics Working Papers
715, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jun 2006.
- Sergi Jiménez-Mart�n & Alfonso R. Sánchez Mart�n, 2007. "An evaluation of the life cycle effects of minimum pensions on retirement behavior," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(5), pages 923-950.
- Sergi Jiménez-Martín & Alfonso R. Sánchez Martín, 2003. "An evaluation of the life-cycle effects of minimum pensions on retirement behavior," Working Papers 108, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:sed010:291. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.