Dynamic labor supply and saving incentives in privatized pension systems: evidence from Chile
government can increase total household savings by 14% by increasing the required contribution rate by 5 percentage points. However, it also lowers pension system coverage by 5 percentage points as people leave the covered sector for the uncovered sector.
|Date of creation:||2010|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Society for Economic Dynamics Marina Azzimonti Department of Economics Stonybrook University 10 Nicolls Road Stonybrook NY 11790 USA|
Web page: http://www.EconomicDynamics.org/
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Alex Michaelides & Francisco Gomes & Valery Polkovnichenko, 2006.
"Wealth Accumulation and Portfolio Choice with Taxable and Tax-Deferred Accounts,"
Computing in Economics and Finance 2006
23, Society for Computational Economics.
- Gomes, Francisco J & Michaelides, Alexander & Polkovnichenko, Valery, 2005. "Wealth Accumulation and Portfolio Choice with Taxable and Tax-Deferred Accounts," CEPR Discussion Papers 4852, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Solange Berstein & Guillermo Larraín & Francisco Pino, 2005. "Cobertura, densidad y pensiones en Chile: Proyecciones a 20 años plazo," Working Papers 12, Superintendencia de Pensiones, revised Nov 2005.
- Wilbert van der Klaauw & Kenneth I. Wolpin, 2005.
"Social Security and the Retirement and Savings Behavior of Low Income Households,"
PIER Working Paper Archive
05-020, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania.
- van der Klaauw, Wilbert & Wolpin, Kenneth I., 2008. "Social security and the retirement and savings behavior of low-income households," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 145(1-2), pages 21-42, July.
- Robert M. Dammon & Chester S. Spatt & Harold H. Zhang, 2004.
"Optimal Asset Location and Allocation with Taxable and Tax-Deferred Investing,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 59(3), pages 999-1037, 06.
- Robert Dammon & Chester Spatt & Harold Zhang, "undated". "Optimal Asset Location and Allocation with Taxable and Tax-Deferred Investing," GSIA Working Papers 2003-E44, Carnegie Mellon University, Tepper School of Business.
- Daniel McFadden, 1987.
"A Method of Simulated Moments for Estimation of Discrete Response Models Without Numerical Integration,"
464, Massachusetts Institute of Technology (MIT), Department of Economics.
- McFadden, Daniel, 1989. "A Method of Simulated Moments for Estimation of Discrete Response Models without Numerical Integration," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 57(5), pages 995-1026, September.
- Sergi Jiménez-Martín & Alfonso R. Sánchez, 2003.
"An evaluation of the life-cycle effects of minimum pensions on retirement behavior,"
Economics Working Papers
715, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised Jun 2006.
- Sergi Jiménez-Martín & Alfonso R. Sánchez Martín, 2007. "An evaluation of the life cycle effects of minimum pensions on retirement behavior," Journal of Applied Econometrics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(5), pages 923-950.
- Sergi Jiménez-Martín & Alfonso R. Sánchez-Martin, 2003. "An evaluation of the life-cycle effects of minimum pensions on retirement behavior," Working Papers 108, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Robalino, David A. & Zylberstajn, Eduardo & Zylberstajn, Helio & Afonso, Luis Eduardo, 2008. "An ex-ante evaluation of the impact of social insurance policies on labor supply in Brazil : the case for explicit over implicit redistribution," Social Protection and Labor Policy and Technical Notes 90342, The World Bank.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:red:sed010:291. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Christian Zimmermann)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.