Every cloud has a silver lining: micro-level evidence on the cleansing effects of the portuguese financial crisis
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Nishimura, Kiyohiko G. & Nakajima, Takanobu & Kiyota, Kozo, 2005.
"Does the natural selection mechanism still work in severe recessions?: Examination of the Japanese economy in the 1990s,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 53-78, September.
- Kiyohiko G. Nishimura & Takanobu Nakajima & Kozo Kiyota, 2003. "Does Natural Selection Mechanism Still Work in Severe Recessions? --Examination of the Japanese Economy in the 1990s ---," CIRJE F-Series CIRJE-F-222, CIRJE, Faculty of Economics, University of Tokyo.
- Ouyang, Min, 2009. "The scarring effect of recessions," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 56(2), pages 184-199, March.
- Laura Blattner & Luisa Farinha & Francisca Rebelo, 2017.
"When Losses Turn Into Loans: The Cost of Undercapitalized Banks,"
pbl215, Job Market Papers.
- Blattner, Laura & Farinha, Luisa & Rebelo, Francisco, 2018. "When Losses Turn into Loans: The Cost of Undercapitalized Banks," Research Papers 3688, Stanford University, Graduate School of Business.
- Luísa Farinha & Francisca Rebelo & Laura Blattner, 2018. "When losses turn into loans: the cost of undercapitalized banks," Working Papers w201816, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- repec:eee:jpolmo:v:40:y:2018:i:2:p:225-241 is not listed on IDEAS
- Naomi Griffin & Kazuhiko Odaki, 2009. "Reallocation and productivity growth in Japan: revisiting the lost decade of the 1990s," Journal of Productivity Analysis, Springer, vol. 31(2), pages 125-136, April.
- Olley, G Steven & Pakes, Ariel, 1996.
"The Dynamics of Productivity in the Telecommunications Equipment Industry,"
Econometric Society, vol. 64(6), pages 1263-1297, November.
- G. Steven Olley & Ariel Pakes, 1992. "The Dynamics of Productivity in the Telecommunications Equipment Industry," NBER Working Papers 3977, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George S Olley & Ariel Pakes, 1992. "The Dynamics Of Productivity In The Telecommunications Equipment Industry," Working Papers 92-2, Center for Economic Studies, U.S. Census Bureau.
- Ana Cristina Soares & João Amador, 2012. "Competition in the Portuguese Economy:An overview of classical indicators," Working Papers w201208, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Olivier Blanchard & Pedro Portugal, 2017.
"Boom, slump, sudden stops, recovery, and policy options. Portugal and the Euro,"
Portuguese Economic Journal,
Springer;Instituto Superior de Economia e Gestao, vol. 16(3), pages 149-168, December.
- Pedro Portugal & Olivier Blanchard, 2017. "Boom, Slump, Sudden stops, Recovery, and Policy Options. Portugal and the Euro," Working Papers w201711, Banco de Portugal, Economics and Research Department.
- Olivier J Blanchard & Pedro Portugal, 2017. "Boom, Slump, Sudden Stops, Recovery, and Policy Options: Portugal and the Euro," Working Paper Series WP17-8, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Blanchard, Olivier & Portugal, Pedro, 2017. "Boom, Slump, Sudden Stops, Recovery, and Policy Options: Portugal and the Euro," IZA Policy Papers 131, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Olivier Blanchard & Pedro Portugal, 2017. "Boom, Slump, Sudden stops, Recovery, and Policy Options. Portugal and the Euro," GEE Papers 0072, Gabinete de Estratégia e Estudos, Ministério da Economia, revised Jun 2017.
- Blanchard, Olivier J & Portugal, Pedro, 2017. "Boom, Slump, Sudden stops, Recovery, and Policy Options. Portugal and the Euro," CEPR Discussion Papers 12118, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- W. Erwin Diewert, 1980. "Aggregation Problems in the Measurement of Capital," NBER Chapters,in: The Measurement of Capital, pages 433-538 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Belke, Ansgar & Oeking, Anne & Setzer, Ralph, 2015. "Domestic demand, capacity constraints and exporting dynamics: Empirical evidence for vulnerable euro area countries," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 48(C), pages 315-325.
- Barlevy, Gadi, 2003. "Credit market frictions and the allocation of resources over the business cycle," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 50(8), pages 1795-1818, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:ptu:bdpart:e201913 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
- D24 - Microeconomics - - Production and Organizations - - - Production; Cost; Capital; Capital, Total Factor, and Multifactor Productivity; Capacity
- E32 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - Business Fluctuations; Cycles
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-BEC-2018-08-20 (Business Economics)
- NEP-EFF-2018-08-20 (Efficiency & Productivity)
- NEP-EUR-2018-08-20 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-MAC-2018-08-20 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-SBM-2018-08-20 (Small Business Management)
- NEP-TID-2018-08-20 (Technology & Industrial Dynamics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ptu:wpaper:w201818. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (DEE-NTD). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/bdpgvpt.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.