Testing for the stability of money demand in italy: has the euro influenced the monetary transmission mechanism?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Salvatore Capasso & Oreste Napolitano, 2012. "Testing for the stability of money demand in Italy: has the Euro influenced the monetary transmission mechanism?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(24), pages 3121-3133, August.
- Oreste Napolitano, 2011. "Testing for the stability of Money Demand in Italy: has the Euro influenced the Monetary transmission Mechanism?," Post-Print hal-00711447, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Rinaldi, R. & Tedeschi, R., 1996. "Money Demand in Italy: A System Approach," Papers 267, Banca Italia - Servizio di Studi.
- Claus Brand & Nuno Cassola, 2004. "A money demand system for euro area M3," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(8), pages 817-838.
- Henrik Hansen & Søren Johansen, 1992. "Recursive Estimation in Cointegrated VAR-Models," Discussion Papers 92-13, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Muscatelli, Vito Antonio & Papi, Luca, 1990. "Cointegration, Financial Innovation and Modelling the Demand for Money in Italy," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 58(3), pages 242-259, September.
- Katarina Juselius, 1998.
"Changing monetary transmission mechanisms within the EU,"
Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 455-481.
- Katarina Juselius, 1997. "Changing Monetary Transmission Mechanisms within the EU," Discussion Papers 97-18, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Hilde Bjørnland, 2005.
"A stable demand for money despite financial crisis: the case of Venezuela,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(4), pages 375-385.
- C. Bjørnland, Hilde, 2003. "A stable demand for money despite financial crisis: The case of Venezuela," Memorandum 12/2003, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Markus Knell & Helmut Stix, 2003. "How Robust are Money Demand Estimations? A Meta-Analytic Approach," Working Papers 81, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Bae, Youngsoo & Kakkar, Vikas & Ogaki, Masao, 2006. "Money Demand in Japan and Nonlinear Cointegration," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(6), pages 1659-1667, September.
- Markus Knell & Helmut Stix, 2004. "Three Decades of Money Demand Studies. Some Differences and Remarkable Similarities," Working Papers 88, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Gennari, E., 1999. "Estimating Money Demand in Italy 1970-1994," Economics Working Papers eco99/7, European University Institute.
- M. Bahmani-Oskooee & S. Chomsisengphet, 2002. "Stability of M2 money demand function in industrial countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(16), pages 2075-2083.
- Granger, Clive W J, 1986. "Developments in the Study of Cointegrated Economic Variables," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 48(3), pages 213-228, August.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Miquel-Angel Galindo Martin & Farhang Niroomand, 1998. "Exchange rate sensitivity of the demand for money in Spain," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(5), pages 607-612.
- Christian Dreger & Jürgen Wolters, 2006. "Investigating M3 Money Demand in the Euro Area: New Evidence Based on Standard Models," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 561, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Muscatelli, Vito Antonio & Spinelli, Franco, 1996. "Modeling Monetary Trends in Italy Using Historical Data: The Demand for Broad Money 1861-1990," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(3), pages 579-596, July.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Shabsigh, Ghiath, 1996. "The demand for money in Japan: Evidence from cointegration analysis," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-10, March.
- McNown, Robert & Wallace, Myles S., 1992. "Cointegration tests of a long-run relation between money demand and the effective exchange rate," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 107-114, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Haider Mahmood & Mohammad Asif, 2016. "An empirical investigation of stability of money demand for GCC countries," International Journal of Economics and Business Research, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 11(3), pages 274-286.
- Nicholas Apergis, 2015. "Long-run estimates of money demand: new evidence from East Asian countries and the presence of structural breaks," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(31), pages 3276-3291, July.
- Claudiu Tiberiu Albulescu & Dominique Pépin, 2018. "Money demand stability, monetary overhang and inflation forecast in the CEE countries," Working Papers hal-01720319, HAL.
- Rostom,Ahmed Mohamed Tawfick, 2016. "Money demand in the Arab Republic of Egypt : a vector equilibrium correction model," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7679, The World Bank.
- Vittorio Daniele & Pasquale Foresti & Oreste Napolitano, 2017.
"The stability of money demand in the long-run: Italy 1861–2011,"
Springer;Cliometric Society (Association Francaise de Cliométrie), vol. 11(2), pages 217-244, May.
- Daniele, Vittorio & Foresti, Pasquale & Napolitano, Oreste, 2017. "The stability of money demand in the long-run: Italy 1861–2011," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 67219, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
More about this item
KeywordsMoney demand; ARDL model; Kalman filter;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-06-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2009-06-17 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2009-06-17 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2009-06-17 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prt:wpaper:2_2008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Antonietta Milano). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/isnavit.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.