Testing for the stability of money demand in italy: has the euro influenced the monetary transmission mechanism?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Salvatore Capasso & Oreste Napolitano, 2012. "Testing for the stability of money demand in Italy: has the Euro influenced the monetary transmission mechanism?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 44(24), pages 3121-3133, August.
- Oreste Napolitano, 2011. "Testing for the stability of Money Demand in Italy: has the Euro influenced the Monetary transmission Mechanism?," Post-Print hal-00711447, HAL.
References listed on IDEAS
- Claus Brand & Nuno Cassola, 2004. "A money demand system for euro area M3," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(8), pages 817-838.
- Henrik Hansen & Søren Johansen, 1992. "Recursive Estimation in Cointegrated VAR-Models," Discussion Papers 92-13, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Muscatelli, Vito Antonio & Papi, Luca, 1990. "Cointegration, Financial Innovation and Modelling the Demand for Money in Italy," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 58(3), pages 242-259, September.
- Katarina Juselius, 1998.
"Changing monetary transmission mechanisms within the EU,"
Springer, vol. 23(3), pages 455-481.
- Katarina Juselius, 1997. "Changing Monetary Transmission Mechanisms within the EU," Discussion Papers 97-18, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- Hilde Bjørnland, 2005.
"A stable demand for money despite financial crisis: the case of Venezuela,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(4), pages 375-385.
- C. Bjørnland, Hilde, 2003. "A stable demand for money despite financial crisis: The case of Venezuela," Memorandum 12/2003, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Markus Knell & Helmut Stix, 2003. "How Robust are Money Demand Estimations? A Meta-Analytic Approach," Working Papers 81, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Bae, Youngsoo & Kakkar, Vikas & Ogaki, Masao, 2006. "Money Demand in Japan and Nonlinear Cointegration," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 38(6), pages 1659-1667, September.
- Markus Knell & Helmut Stix, 2004. "Three Decades of Money Demand Studies. Some Differences and Remarkable Similarities," Working Papers 88, Oesterreichische Nationalbank (Austrian Central Bank).
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Gennari, E., 1999. "Estimating Money Demand in Italy 1970-1994," Economics Working Papers eco99/7, European University Institute.
- M. Bahmani-Oskooee & S. Chomsisengphet, 2002. "Stability of M2 money demand function in industrial countries," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(16), pages 2075-2083.
- Granger, Clive W J, 1986. "Developments in the Study of Cointegrated Economic Variables," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 48(3), pages 213-228, August.
- Mohsen Bahmani-Oskooee & Miquel-Angel Galindo Martin & Farhang Niroomand, 1998. "Exchange rate sensitivity of the demand for money in Spain," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(5), pages 607-612.
- Christian Dreger & Jürgen Wolters, 2006. "Investigating M3 Money Demand in the Euro Area: New Evidence Based on Standard Models," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 561, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Muscatelli, Vito Antonio & Spinelli, Franco, 1996. "Modeling Monetary Trends in Italy Using Historical Data: The Demand for Broad Money 1861-1990," Economic Inquiry, Western Economic Association International, vol. 34(3), pages 579-596, July.
- Bahmani-Oskooee, Mohsen & Shabsigh, Ghiath, 1996. "The demand for money in Japan: Evidence from cointegration analysis," Japan and the World Economy, Elsevier, vol. 8(1), pages 1-10, March.
- McNown, Robert & Wallace, Myles S., 1992. "Cointegration tests of a long-run relation between money demand and the effective exchange rate," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 107-114, February.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rostom,Ahmed Mohamed Tawfick, 2016. "Money demand in the Arab Republic of Egypt : a vector equilibrium correction model," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7679, The World Bank.
- Vittorio Daniele & Pasquale Foresti & Oreste Napolitano, 2017.
"The stability of money demand in the long-run: Italy 1861–2011,"
Springer;Cliometric Society (Association Francaise de Cliométrie), vol. 11(2), pages 217-244, May.
- Daniele, Vittorio & Foresti, Pasquale & Napolitano, Oreste, 2017. "The stability of money demand in the long-run: Italy 1861–2011," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 67219, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Haider Mahmood & Mohammad Asif, 2016. "An empirical investigation of stability of money demand for GCC countries," International Journal of Economics and Business Research, Inderscience Enterprises Ltd, vol. 11(3), pages 274-286.
- Nicholas Apergis, 2015. "Long-run estimates of money demand: new evidence from East Asian countries and the presence of structural breaks," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(31), pages 3276-3291, July.
More about this item
KeywordsMoney demand; ARDL model; Kalman filter;
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-06-17 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2009-06-17 (Central Banking)
- NEP-MAC-2009-06-17 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2009-06-17 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:prt:wpaper:2_2008. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Antonietta Milano). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/isnavit.html .