The long-term decline of internal migration in Canada – Ontario as a case study
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John F. Helliwell, 1996. "Convergence and Migration among Provinces," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(s1), pages 324-330, April.
- Nelson C. Mark & Masao Ogaki & Donggyu Sul, 2005.
"Dynamic Seemingly Unrelated Cointegrating Regressions,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 72(3), pages 797-820.
- Nelson C. Mark & Masao Ogaki & Donggyu Sul, 2003. "Dynamic Seemingly Unrelated Cointegrating Regression," NBER Technical Working Papers 0292, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mark, Nelson & Ogaki, Masao & Sul, Donggyu, 2003. "Dynamic Seemingly Unrelated Cointegrating Regression," Working Papers 144, Department of Economics, The University of Auckland.
- Masao Ogaki & Nelson Mark & Donggyu Sul, 2004. "Dynamic Seemingly Unrelated Cointegrating Regression," Working Papers 04-02, Ohio State University, Department of Economics.
- Anindya Banerjee & Massimiliano Marcellino & Chiara Osbat, 2004.
"Some cautions on the use of panel methods for integrated series of macroeconomic data,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 7(2), pages 322-340, December.
- Anindya Banerjee & Massimiliano Marcellino & Chiara Osbat, "undated". "Some Cautions on the Use of Panel Methods for Integrated Series of Macro-Economic Data," Working Papers 170, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Banerjee, A. & Marcellino, M. & Osbat, C., 2000. "Some Cautions on the Use of Panel Methods for Integrated Series of Macro-economic Data," Economics Working Papers eco2000/20, European University Institute.
- Elizabeth Wakerly & Byron Scott & James Nason, 2006.
"Common trends and common cycles in Canada: who knew so much has been going on?,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 39(1), pages 320-347, February.
- Elizabeth C. Wakerly & Byron G. Scott & James M. Nason, 2004. "Common trends and common cycles in Canada: who knew so much has been going on?," FRB Atlanta Working Paper 2004-5, Federal Reserve Bank of Atlanta.
- Phillip L Swagel & Steven V Dunaway & Martin D Kaufman, 2003. "Regional Convergence and the Role of Federal Transfers in Canada," IMF Working Papers 03/97, International Monetary Fund.
- Pesaran, M.H., 2004.
"‘General Diagnostic Tests for Cross Section Dependence in Panels’,"
Cambridge Working Papers in Economics
0435, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Pesaran, M. Hashem, 2004. "General Diagnostic Tests for Cross Section Dependence in Panels," IZA Discussion Papers 1240, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- M. Hashem Pesaran, 2004. "General Diagnostic Tests for Cross Section Dependence in Panels," CESifo Working Paper Series 1229, CESifo Group Munich.
- Moon, Hyungsik R., 1999. "A note on fully-modified estimation of seemingly unrelated regressions models with integrated regressors," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 25-31, October.
- Ayat, Leila & Burridge, Peter, 2000.
"Unit root tests in the presence of uncertainty about the non-stochastic trend,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 95(1), pages 71-96, March.
- Ayat, L. & Burridge, P., 1996. "Unit Root Tests in the presence of Uncertainty about the Non-Stochastic Trends," Discussion Papers 96-28, Department of Economics, University of Birmingham.
- Thomas J. Courchene, 1970. "Interprovincial Migration and Economic Adjustment," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 3(4), pages 550-576, November.
- Kathleen Day & Stanley Winer, 2006.
"Policy-induced internal migration: An empirical investigation of the Canadian case,"
International Tax and Public Finance,
Springer;International Institute of Public Finance, vol. 13(5), pages 535-564, September.
- Kathleen M. Day & Stanley L. Winer, 2005. "Policy-induced Internal Migration: An Empirical Investigation of the Canadian Case," CESifo Working Paper Series 1605, CESifo Group Munich.
- Pedroni, Peter, 1999.
" Critical Values for Cointegration Tests in Heterogeneous Panels with Multiple Regressors,"
Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics,
Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(0), pages 653-670, Special I.
- Peter Pedroni, 1999. "Critical Values for Cointegration Tests in Heterogeneous Panels with Multiple Regressors," Department of Economics Working Papers 2000-02, Department of Economics, Williams College.
- Shaw, R Paul, 1986. "Fiscal versus Traditional Market Variables in Canadian Migration," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 94(3), pages 648-666, June.
- Lars Osberg & Daniel V. Gordon & Zhengxi Lin, 1994.
"Interregional Migration and Interindustry Labour Mobility in Canada: A Simultaneous Approach,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 27(1), pages 58-80, February.
- Osberg, L. & Gordon, D. & Lin, Z., 1992. "Inter-Regional Migration and Inter-Industry Labour Mobility in Canada: A Simultaneous Approach," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive 92-08, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
- Serge Coulombe & Kathleen M. Day, 1999. "Economic Growth and Regional Income Disparities in Canada and the Northern United States," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 25(2), pages 155-178, June.
- Stefano Fachin, 2007.
"Long-run trends in internal migrations in italy: a study in panel cointegration with dependent units,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 22(2), pages 401-428.
- Stefano Fachin, 2005. "Long-Run Trends in Internal Migrations in Italy: a Study in Panel Cointegration with Dependent Units," Econometrics 0507002, EconWPA.
- Serge Coulombe, 2006. "Internal Migration, Asymmetric Shocks, and Interprovincial Economic Adjustments in Canada," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 29(2), pages 199-223, April.
- Russell Davidson & James G. MacKinnon, 2000. "Improving the Reliability of Bootstrap Tests," Working Papers 995, Queen's University, Department of Economics.
- Faini, Riccardo & Galli, Giampaolo & Gennari, Pietro & Rossi, Fulvio, 1997. "An empirical puzzle: Falling migration and growing unemployment differentials among Italian regions," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 41(3-5), pages 571-579, April.
- repec:cai:popine:popu_p1971_26n4_0779 is not listed on IDEAS
- Joseph DeJuan & Marc Tomljanovich, 2005. "Income convergence across Canadian provinces in the 20th century: Almost but not quite there," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 39(3), pages 567-592, September.
More about this item
KeywordsInternal migration; panel cointegration; bootstrap; Canada;
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- C33 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Models with Panel Data; Spatio-temporal Models
- R23 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - Household Analysis - - - Regional Migration; Regional Labor Markets; Population
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:6685. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .