Convergence Across Provincial Economies in Canada: Trends, Drivers, and Implications
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- John F. Helliwell, 1996. "Convergence and Migration among Provinces," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 29(s1), pages 324-330, April.
- Sala-i-Martin, Xavier X., 1996.
"Regional cohesion: Evidence and theories of regional growth and convergence,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 40(6), pages 1325-1352, June.
- Xavier Sala-i-Martin, 1994. "Regional cohesion: Evidence and theories of regional growth and convergence," Economics Working Papers 104, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Sala-i-Martin, Xavier, 1994. "Regional Cohesion: Evidence and Theories of Regional Growth and Convergence," CEPR Discussion Papers 1075, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Serge Coulombe, 2000.
"New Evidence of Convergence Across Canadian Provinces: The Role of Urbanization,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(8), pages 713-725.
- Coulombe, S., 2000. "New Evidence of Convergence Across Canadian Provinces: the Role of Urbanization," Working Papers 0002e, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Mahamat Hamit-Haggar, 2013. "A note on convergence across Canadian provinces: new insights from the club clustering algorithm," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 50(2), pages 591-601, April.
- Elspeth Hazell & Kar-Fai Gee & Andrew Sharpe, 2012. "The Human Development Index in Canada: Estimates for the Canadian Provincesand Territories, 2000-2011," CSLS Research Reports 2012-02, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Serge Coulombe & Kathleen M. Day, 1999. "Economic Growth and Regional Income Disparities in Canada and the Northern United States," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 25(2), pages 155-178, June.
- Gabriel Rodríguez, 2006. "The role of the interprovincial transfers in the ß: Further empirical evidence for Canada," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 33(1), pages 12-29, January.
- Serge Coulombe & Frank C. Lee, 1995. "Convergence across Canadian Provinces, 1961 to 1991," Canadian Journal of Economics, Canadian Economics Association, vol. 28(4a), pages 886-898, November.
- Alexander Bilson Darku, 2011. "The impact of trade liberalization and the fiscal equalization transfer policy on provincial income disparities in Canada: an application of GMM estimation," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 43(13), pages 1679-1689.
- Mukesh Ralhan & Ajit Dayanandan, 2005. "Convergence of Income Among Provinces in Canada – An Application of GMM Estimation," Econometrics Working Papers 0502, Department of Economics, University of Victoria.
- Lars Osberg & Andrew Sharpe, 2011. "Moving from a GDP-Based to a Well-Being Based Metric of Economic Performance and Social Progress: Results from the Index of Economic Well-Being for OECD Countries, 1980-2009," CSLS Research Reports 2011-12, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Lars Osberg & Andrew Sharpe, 2010. "The Index of Economic Well-Being," Challenge, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(4), pages 25-42.
- Joseph DeJuan & Marc Tomljanovich, 2005. "Income convergence across Canadian provinces in the 20th century: Almost but not quite there," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 39(3), pages 567-592, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Matthew Calver & Roland Tusz & Erika Rodrigues, 2015. "Interprovincial Migration in Canada: Implications for Output and Productivity Growth, 1987-2014," CSLS Research Reports 2015-19, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Evan Capeluck, 2015. "Explanations of the Decline in Manufacturing Employment in Canada," CSLS Research Reports 2015-17, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
More about this item
KeywordsRegional Disparities; Inequality; Regional; Redistribution; Income; Productivity; Labour Markets; Well-Being; Fiscal Capacity; Convergence; Federation;
- N92 - Economic History - - Regional and Urban History - - - U.S.; Canada: 1913-
- O47 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - Empirical Studies of Economic Growth; Aggregate Productivity; Cross-Country Output Convergence
- J20 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - General
- J10 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demographic Economics - - - General
- J30 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Wages, Compensation, and Labor Costs - - - General
- J40 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Particular Labor Markets - - - General
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sls:resrep:1403. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (CSLS). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cslssca.html .