Interregional Migration and Interindustry Labour Mobility in Canada: A Simultaneous Approach
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Osberg, L. & Gordon, D. & Lin, Z., 1992. "Inter-Regional Migration and Inter-Industry Labour Mobility in Canada: A Simultaneous Approach," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive 92-08, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
References listed on IDEAS
- Greenwood, Jeremy & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1990.
"Financial Development, Growth, and the Distribution of Income,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 98(5), pages 1076-1107, October.
- Greenwood, J. & Jovanovic, B., 1988. "Financial Development, Growth, And The Distribution Of Income," RCER Working Papers 131, University of Rochester - Center for Economic Research (RCER).
- Jeremy Greenwood & Boyan Jovanovic, 1989. "Financial Development, Growth, and the Distribution of Income," NBER Working Papers 3189, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Greenwood, Jeremy & Jovanovic, Boyan, 1988. "Financial Development, Growth, And The Distribution Of Income," Working Papers 88-12, C.V. Starr Center for Applied Economics, New York University.
- Greenwood, J. & Jovanovic, B., 1990. "Financial Development, Growth, And The Distribution Of Income," University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations Working Papers 9002, University of Western Ontario, The Centre for the Study of International Economic Relations.
- Banerjee, Biswajit, 1983. "The Role of the Informal Sector in the Migration Process: A Test of Probabilistic Migration Models and Labour Market Segmentation for India," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(3), pages 399-422, November.
- Jonathan Eaton, 1987.
"A Dynamic Specific-Factors Model of International Trade,"
Review of Economic Studies,
Oxford University Press, vol. 54(2), pages 325-338.
- Jonathan Eaton, 1984. "A Dynamic Specific-Factors Model of International Trade," NBER Working Papers 1479, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Braulke, Michael, 1983. "A Note on Kuznets' U," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 65(1), pages 135-139, February.
- Rauch, James E., 1991. "Modelling the informal sector formally," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 35(1), pages 33-47, January.
- Becker, Gary S & Tomes, Nigel, 1979. "An Equilibrium Theory of the Distribution of Income and Intergenerational Mobility," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 87(6), pages 1153-1189, December.
- Robinson, Sherman, 1976. "A Note on the U Hypothesis Relating Income Inequality and Economic Development," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 66(3), pages 437-440, June.
- Moore, Robert E., 1990. "Measuring inequality change in an economy with income growth : Reassessment," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 205-210, January.
- Gary S. Fields, 1979. "A Welfare Economic Approach to Growth and Distribution in the Dual Economy," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 93(3), pages 325-353.
- Papanek, Gustav F. & Kyn, Oldrich, 1986. "The effect on income distribution of development, the growth rate and economic strategy," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 55-65, September.
- Harris, John R & Todaro, Michael P, 1970. "Migration, Unemployment & Development: A Two-Sector Analysis," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 60(1), pages 126-142, March.
- Knight, J B, 1976. "Explaining Income Distribution in Less Developed Countries: A Framework and an Agenda," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 38(3), pages 161-177, August.
- Tidrick, Gene M, 1975. " Wage Spillover and Unemployment in a Wage-Gap Economy: The Jamaican Case," Economic Development and Cultural Change, University of Chicago Press, vol. 23(2), pages 306-324, January.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Matthew Calver & Roland Tusz & Erika Rodrigues, 2015. "Interprovincial Migration in Canada: Implications for Output and Productivity Growth, 1987-2014," CSLS Research Reports 2015-19, Centre for the Study of Living Standards.
- Tseng, Jauling, 1996. "Farmer-borrowers' selection of short- and intermediate-term loan contracts: traditional lenders versus nontraditional lenders," ISU General Staff Papers 1996010108000012129, Iowa State University, Department of Economics.
- David Amirault & Daniel de Munnik & Sarah Miller, 2016.
"What drags and drives mobility? Explaining Canada's aggregate migration patterns,"
Canadian Journal of Economics,
Canadian Economics Association, vol. 49(3), pages 1035-1056, August.
- David Amirault & Daniel de Munnik & Sarah Miller, 2012. "What Drags and Drives Mobility: Explaining Canada’s Aggregate Migration Patterns," Staff Working Papers 12-28, Bank of Canada.
- Luis Ricardo Fuenmayor Vergara, 2013. "Apego familiar y mercado laboral en Colombia: Un análisis de las migraciones recientes," REVISTA DE ECONOMÍA DEL CARIBE 014753, UNIVERSIDAD DEL NORTE.
- Lin, Zhengxi, 1998. "Canadiens nes a l'etranger et Canadiens de naissance : une comparaison de la mobilite interprovinciale de leur main-d'oeuvre," Direction des etudes analytiques : documents de recherche 1998114f, Statistics Canada, Direction des etudes analytiques.
- Basher, Syed A. & Fachin, Stefano, 2008. "The long-term decline of internal migration in Canada – Ontario as a case study," MPRA Paper 6685, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Osberg, L., 1995. "The Equity/Efficiency Trade-Off in Retrospect," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive 95-04, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
- Wang, Qiuyan & Findeis, Jill L., 2004. "Do Women Earn Less In Rural Areas? An Empirical Analysis Of The Female Rural-Urban Wage Differential," 2004 Annual meeting, August 1-4, Denver, CO 19982, American Agricultural Economics Association (New Name 2008: Agricultural and Applied Economics Association).
- Finnie, Ross, 2001. "The Effects of Inter-provincial Mobility on Individuals' Earnings: Panel Model Estimates for Canada," Analytical Studies Branch Research Paper Series 2001163e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Michael Benarroch & Hugh Grant, 2004. "The interprovincial migration of Canadian physicians: does income matter?," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(20), pages 2335-2345.
- Lars Osberg, 1996. "Economic Policy Variables and Population Health," Department of Economics at Dalhousie University working papers archive healthy, Dalhousie, Department of Economics.
- Bordt, Michael & Das, Sudip & Heisz, Andrew & Larochelle-Cote, Sebastien, 2005. "Labour Markets, Business Activity and Population Growth and Mobility in Canadian CMAs," Trends and Conditions in Census Metropolitan Areas 2005006e, Statistics Canada, Analytical Studies Branch.
- Kathleen M. Day & Stanley L. Winer, 2011. "What do we Know about the Relationship between Regionalized Aspects of the Unemployment Insurance System and Internal Migration in Canada?," CESifo Working Paper Series 3479, CESifo Group Munich.
- Lall, Somik V. & Selod, Harris & Shalizi, Zmarak, 2006. "Rural-urban migration in developing countries : a survey of theoretical predictions and empirical findings," Policy Research Working Paper Series 3915, The World Bank.
- Shelley Phipps, "undated". "Economics and Well-Being of Canadian Children," Canadian International Labour Network Working Papers 35, McMaster University.
- Ross Finnie, 2004. "Who moves? A logit model analysis of inter-provincial migration in Canada," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(16), pages 1759-1779.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cje:issued:v:27:y:1994:i:1:p:58-80. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Prof. Werner Antweiler). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/ceaaaea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.