Average Cost and Marginal Cost Pricing in Marshall: Textual Analysis and Interpretation
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Luca Zamparelli, 2009. "Average cost and marginal cost pricing in Marshall: Textual analysis and interpretation," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(4), pages 665-694.
References listed on IDEAS
- Harris, Donald J, 1988. "On the Classical Theory of Competition," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 12(1), pages 139-167, March.
- P. Garegnani, 1970. "A Reply," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(3), pages 439-439.
- Ekelund, Robert B, Jr & Hebert, Robert F, 1999. "The Dupuit-Marshall Theory of Competitive Equilibrium," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 66(262), pages 225-240, May.
- P. Garegnani, 1970. "Heterogeneous Capital, the Production Function and the Theory of Distribution," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(3), pages 407-436.
- Hart, Neil, 1996. "Marshall's Theory of Value: The Role of External Economies," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 20(3), pages 353-369, May.
- Ragnar Frisch, 1950. "Alfred Marshall's Theory of Value," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 64(4), pages 495-524.
- Paul J. McNulty, 1967. "A Note on the History of Perfect Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 395-395.
- George J. Stigler, 1957. "Perfect Competition, Historically Contemplated," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 65, pages 1-1.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Oggioni, Giorgia & Smeers, Yves, 2012. "Evaluating the application of different pricing regimes and low carbon investments in the European electricity market," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 34(5), pages 1356-1369.
More about this item
KeywordsMarshall; classical competition; perfect competition; marginal and average cost;
- D46 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Value Theory
- B12 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Classical (includes Adam Smith)
- D41 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Perfect Competition
- B13 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Neoclassical through 1925 (Austrian, Marshallian, Walrasian, Wicksellian)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:6053. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.