The paper introduces to the special issue of the journal, devoted to Luigi Spaventa, former board member and frequent contributor to the journal, Italian MP and minister of the Budget. While most obituaries and recollections of Spaventa focus on his academic or political activities, the author focuses here on Spaventa's contributions to economic theory, in particular the theory of capital and distribution, growth and dualism in development, international finance and the European Monetary System.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Franco Modigliani & Tommaso Padoa-Schioppa, 1977. "La politica economica in una economia con salari indicizzati al 100% piu," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 30(117), pages 3-53.
- Spaventa, Luigi, 1970. "Rate of Profit, Rate of Growth, and Capital Intensity in a Simple Production Model," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(2), pages 129-147, July.
- Alessandro Roncaglia, 2009. "Keynes and probability: An assessment," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 489-510.
- Favero, Carlo A & Giavazzi, Francesco & Spaventa, Luigi, 1997.
"High Yields: The Spread on German Interest Rates,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 107(443), pages 956-985, July.
- Carlo Ambrogio Favero & Francesco Giavazzi & Luigi Spaventa, "undated". "High Yielders: the Spread on German Interest Rates," Working Papers 102, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Favero, Carlo A. & Giavazzi, Francesco & Spaventa, Luigi, 1996. "High Yields: The Spread on German Interest Rates," CEPR Discussion Papers 1330, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carlo Favero & Francesco Giavazzi & Luigi Spaventa, 1996. "High Yields: The Spread on German Interest Rates," NBER Working Papers 5408, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harcourt,G. C., 1972. "Some Cambridge Controversies in the Theory of Capital," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521096720.
- Harcourt, G C, 1969. "Some Cambridge Controversies in the Theory of Capital," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 7(2), pages 369-405, June.
- P. Garegnani, 1970. "A Reply," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(3), pages 439-439.
- P. Garegnani, 1970. "Heterogeneous Capital, the Production Function and the Theory of Distribution," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(3), pages 407-436.
- Luigi Spaventa, 1987. "The Growth of Public Debt: Sustainability, Fiscal Rules, and Monetary Rules," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 34(2), pages 374-399, June.
- Luigi Spaventa, 1973. "Note su rendite e profitti: l'esperienza italiana," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 26(104), pages 308-335. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:psl:moneta:2013-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlo D'Ippoliti)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.