The paper introduces to the special issue of the journal, devoted to Luigi Spaventa, former board member and frequent contributor to the journal, Italian MP and minister of the Budget. While most obituaries and recollections of Spaventa focus on his academic or political activities, the author focuses here on Spaventa's contributions to economic theory, in particular the theory of capital and distribution, growth and dualism in development, international finance and the European Monetary System.
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Carlo Favero & Francesco Giavazzi & Luigi Spaventa, 1996.
"High Yields: The Spread on German Interest Rates,"
NBER Working Papers
5408, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Favero, Carlo A. & Giavazzi, Francesco & Spaventa, Luigi, 1996. "High Yields: The Spread on German Interest Rates," CEPR Discussion Papers 1330, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Carlo Ambrogio Favero & Francesco Giavazzi & Luigi Spaventa, . "High Yielders: the Spread on German Interest Rates," Working Papers 102, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Alessandro Roncaglia, 2009. "Keynes and probability: An assessment," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 489-510.
- Luigi Spaventa, 1987. "The Growth of Public Debt: Sustainability, Fiscal Rules, and Monetary Rules," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 34(2), pages 374-399, June.
- Spaventa, Luigi, 1970. "Rate of Profit, Rate of Growth, and Capital Intensity in a Simple Production Model," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 22(2), pages 129-47, July.
- repec:cup:cbooks:9780521096720 is not listed on IDEAS
- Garegnani, P, 1970. "Heterogeneous Capital, the Production Function and the Theory of Distribution," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(3), pages 407-36, July.
- Luigi Spaventa, 1973. "Note su rendite e profitti: l'esperienza italiana," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 26(104), pages 308-335.
- Franco Modigliani & Tommaso Padoa-Schioppa, 1977. "La politica economica in una economia con salari indicizzati al 100% piu," Moneta e Credito, Economia civile, vol. 30(117), pages 3-53.
- Garegnani, P, 1970. "Heterogeneous Capital, the Production Function and the Theory of Distribution: Reply," Review of Economic Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(3), pages 439, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:psl:pslqrr:2013-31. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Carlo D'Ippoliti)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.