The classical notion of competition revisited
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark Blaug, 1999.
"Misunderstanding Classical Economics: The Sraffian Interpretation of the Surplus Approach,"
History of Political Economy,
Duke University Press, vol. 31(2), pages 213-236, Summer.
- Blaug, M., 1998. "Misunderstanding Classical Economics - The Sraffian Interpretation of the Surplus Approach," Discussion Papers 9802, Exeter University, Department of Economics.
- Kaldor, Nicholas, 1972. "The Irrelevance of Equilibrium Economics," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(328), pages 1237-1255, December.
- Kurz,Heinz D. & Salvadori,Neri, 1997. "Theory of Production," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521588676, March.
- Garegnani, Pierangelo, 1984. "Value and Distribution in the Classical Economists and Marx," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(2), pages 291-325, June.
- Paul J. McNulty, 1967. "A Note on the History of Perfect Competition," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 75, pages 395-395.
- Clarence C. Morrison, 2001. "Magnan de Bornier on Cournot-Bertrand," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 33(1), pages 161-165, Spring.
- Dumenil, Gerard & Levy, Dominique, 1987. "The Dynamics of Competition: A Restoration of the Classical Analysis," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 11(2), pages 133-164, June.
- Samuelson, Paul A, 1978. "The Canonical Classical Model of Political Economy," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 16(4), pages 1415-1434, December.
- Clarence Morrison, 1998. "Cournot, bertrand, and modern game theory," Atlantic Economic Journal, Springer;International Atlantic Economic Society, vol. 26(2), pages 172-174, June.
- Andrea Lavezzi, 2003. "Smith, Marshall and Young on division of labour and economic growth," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(1), pages 81-108.
- Richard Arena, 1979. "Note sur la conception classique de la concurrence," Cahiers d'Économie Politique, Programme National Persée, vol. 5(1), pages 119-148.
- Heinz D. Kurz & Neri Salvadori, 2002. "Mark Blaug on the “Sraffian Interpretation of the Surplus Approach”," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 34(1), pages 225-236, Spring.
- Vickers, John, 1995. "Concepts of Competition," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 47(1), pages 1-23, January.
- Heinz Kurz & Neri Salvadori, 2000. "'Classical' Roots of Input-Output Analysis: A Short Account of its Long Prehistory," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 12(2), pages 153-179.
- Garegnani, Pierangelo, 1983. "The Classical Theory of Wages and the Role of Demand Schedules in the Determination of Relative Prices," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(2), pages 309-313, May.
- Nicola GIOCOLI, 2005. "Modeling Rational Agents The Consistency View Of Rationality And The Changing Image Of Neoclassical Economics," Cahiers d’économie politique / Papers in Political Economy, L'Harmattan, issue 49, pages 177-208.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Saverio M. Fratini & Alessia Naccarato, 2016.
"The Gravitation of Market Prices as A Stochastic Process,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(4), pages 698-716, November.
- Saverio M. Fratini & Alessia Naccarato, 2014. "The Gravitation of Market Prices as a Stochastic Process," Departmental Working Papers of Economics - University 'Roma Tre' 0195, Department of Economics - University Roma Tre.
- Signorino, Rodolfo, 2011. "David Ricardo on natural and market prices," MPRA Paper 39212, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:elg:eechap:13938_6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Neri Salvadori & Rodolfo Signorino, 2016. "Competition," Chapters,in: Handbook on the History of Economic Analysis Volume III, chapter 6, pages 70-81 Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
KeywordsClassical Economics; Competition; Adam Smith; Karl Marx; mixed strategies;
- B12 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - History of Economic Thought through 1925 - - - Classical (includes Adam Smith)
- L11 - Industrial Organization - - Market Structure, Firm Strategy, and Market Performance - - - Production, Pricing, and Market Structure; Size Distribution of Firms
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-05-15 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2010-05-15 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-CSE-2010-05-15 (Economics of Strategic Management)
- NEP-HPE-2010-05-15 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:22499. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .