The Gravitation of Market Prices as a Stochastic Process
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Saverio M. Fratini & Alessia Naccarato, 2016. "The Gravitation of Market Prices as A Stochastic Process," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(4), pages 698-716, November.
References listed on IDEAS
- Christian Lager, 1998. "On the Notion of the Rate of Profit," Review of Political Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(4), pages 447-458.
- Foley Duncan K., 1994. "A Statistical Equilibrium Theory of Markets," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 62(2), pages 321-345, April.
- Signorino, Rodolfo, 2011. "David Ricardo on natural and market prices," MPRA Paper 39212, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Saverio M. Fratini & Enrico Sergio Levrero, 2011. "Sraffian indeterminacy: a critical discussion," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(6), pages 1127-1149.
- Neri Salvadori & Rodolfo Signorino, 2013.
"The Classical Notion of Competition Revisited,"
History of Political Economy,
Duke University Press, vol. 45(1), pages 149-175, Spring.
- Salvadori, Neri & Signorino, Rodolfo, 2010. "The classical notion of competition revisited," MPRA Paper 22760, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 17 May 2010.
- Salvadori, Neri & Signorino, Rodolfo, 2010. "The classical notion of competition revisited," MPRA Paper 22499, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Garegnani, Pierangelo, 1984. "Value and Distribution in the Classical Economists and Marx," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 36(2), pages 291-325, June.
- Steedman, Ian, 1984. "Natural Prices, Differential Profit Rates and the Classical Competitive Process," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 52(2), pages 123-140, June.
- Michel-Stéphane Dupertuis & Ajit Sinha, 2009. "A Sraffian critique of the classical notion of centre of gravitation," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(6), pages 1065-1087, November.
- Alexander Shapiro & Jos Berge, 2002. "Statistical inference of minimum rank factor analysis," Psychometrika, Springer;The Psychometric Society, vol. 67(1), pages 79-94, March.
- Ragnar Frisch, 1936. "On the Notion of Equilibrium and Disequilibrium," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(2), pages 100-105.
- Sinha, Ajit & Dupertuis, Michel-Stéphane, 2009. "Sraffa's system: Equal rate of profits and the notion of center of gravitation," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 71(2), pages 495-501, August.
- Tony Aspromourgos, 2007. "Adam Smith's Treatment of Market Prices and Their Relation to «Supply» and «Demand»," History of Economic Ideas, Fabrizio Serra Editore, Pisa - Roma, vol. 15(3), pages 27-57.
- Sergio Parrinello, 2016. "Causality and normal states in economics and other disciplines," The European Journal of the History of Economic Thought, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 23(1), pages 127-151, February.
- Ajit Sinha & Michel-Stéphane Dupertuis, 2009. "Sraffa's System: Equal Rate of Profits and the Notion of Centre of Gravitation," Post-Print hal-00683159, HAL.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ellis Scharfenaker & Gregor Semieniuk, 2017.
"A Statistical Equilibrium Approach to the Distribution of Profit Rates,"
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(3), pages 465-499, July.
- Ellis Scharfenaker & Gregor Semieniuk, 2015. "A Statistical Equilibrium Approach to the Distribution of Profit Rates," SCEPA working paper series. SCEPA's main areas of research are macroeconomic policy, inequality and poverty, and globalization. 2015-05, Schwartz Center for Economic Policy Analysis (SCEPA), The New School.
- Antonio D’Agata, 2018. "Freeing long‐period prices from the uniform profit rate hypothesis: A general model of long‐period positions," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 69(4), pages 847-861, November.
- Stefano Zambelli, 2018. "Production of commodities by means of commodities and non‐uniform rates of profits," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 69(4), pages 791-819, November.
- Enrico Bellino & Christian Bidard & Saverio M. Fratini & G.C. Harcourt & Arrigo Opocher & Ian Steedman & Naoki Yoshihara & Heinz D. Kurz, 2017. "Symposium on Arrigo Opocher and Ian Steedman (," Metroeconomica, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 68(4), pages 586-624, November.
- Bellino, Enrico & Serrano, Franklin, 2017. "Gravitation of market prices towards normal prices: some new results," MPRA Paper 79297, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bellino, Enrico & Serrano, Franklin, 2017. "Gravitation of Market Prices towards Normal Prices: Some New Results," Centro Sraffa Working Papers CSWP25, Centro di Ricerche e Documentazione "Piero Sraffa".
More about this item
Keywordsmarket price; natural price; gravitation; random variables; consistency;
- B51 - Schools of Economic Thought and Methodology - - Current Heterodox Approaches - - - Socialist; Marxian; Sraffian
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- C62 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Existence and Stability Conditions of Equilibrium
- D46 - Microeconomics - - Market Structure, Pricing, and Design - - - Value Theory
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-HME-2015-01-09 (Heterodox Microeconomics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:rtr:wpaper:0195. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Telephone for information). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/dero3it.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.