Estimation of Keynesian Exchange Rate Model of Pakistan by Considering Critical Events and Multiple Cointegrating Vectors
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Pesaran, M. Hashem & Shin, Yongcheol & Smith, Richard J., 2000.
"Structural analysis of vector error correction models with exogenous I(1) variables,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 97(2), pages 293-343, August.
- Pesaran, M. H. & Shin, Y. & Smith, R. J., 1997. "Structural Analysis of Vector Error Correction Models with Exogenous I(1) Variables," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 9706, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Mohammad Hashem Pesaran & Richard J Smith & Yongcheol Shin, 1999. "Structural analysis of vector error correction models with exogenous I(1) variables," ESE Discussion Papers 38, Edinburgh School of Economics, University of Edinburgh.
- Najand, Mohammad & Bond, Charlotte, 2000. "Structural models of exchange rate determination," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 10(1), pages 15-27, January.
- Hylleberg, S. & Engle, R. F. & Granger, C. W. J. & Yoo, B. S., 1990.
"Seasonal integration and cointegration,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 44(1-2), pages 215-238.
- Hyllerberg, S. & Engle, R.F. & Granger, C.W.J. & Yoo, B.S., 1988. "Seasonal Integration And Cointegration," Papers 0-88-2, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Hylleberg, S. & Engle, R.F. & Granger, C.W.J. & Yoo, B.S., 1988. "Seasonal, Integration And Cointegration," Papers 6-88-2, Pennsylvania State - Department of Economics.
- Goldberg, Michael D & Frydman, Roman, 2001. "Macroeconomic Fundamentals and the DM/$ Exchange Rate: Temporal Instability and the Monetary Model," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 6(4), pages 421-435, October.
- Afia Malik, 2008. "Crude Oil Price, Monetary Policy and Output: The Case of Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 47(4), pages 425-436.
- Diebold, Francis X & Mariano, Roberto S, 2002.
"Comparing Predictive Accuracy,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 20(1), pages 134-144, January.
- Diamandis, Panayiotis F. & Georgoutsos, Dimitris A. & Kouretas, Georgios P., 1998.
"The Monetary Approach to the Exchange Rate: Long-Run Relationships, Identification and Temporal Stability,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 741-766, October.
- Panayiotis Diamantis & Dimitris Georgoutsos & George Kouretas, "undated". "The Monetary Approach To The Exchange Rate: Long-Run Relationships, Identification And Temporal Stability," Working Papers 9507, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Paruolo, Paolo, 2002.
"Asymptotic Inference On The Moving Average Impact Matrix In Cointegrated I (2) Var Systems,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(3), pages 673-690, June.
- Paruolo, Paolo, 1997. "Asymptotic Inference on the Moving Average Impact Matrix in Cointegrated 1(1) VAR Systems," Econometric Theory, Cambridge University Press, vol. 13(1), pages 79-118, February.
- Robert A. Mundell, 1962. "The Appropriate Use of Monetary and Fiscal Policy for Internal and External Stability," IMF Staff Papers, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 9(1), pages 70-79, March.
- Rodolfo Helg & Massimiliano Serati, "undated". "Does the PPP need the UIP?," Working Papers 97, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Serletis, Apostolos & King, Martin, 1997. "Common Stochastic Trends and Convergence of European Union Stock Markets," The Manchester School of Economic & Social Studies, University of Manchester, vol. 65(1), pages 44-57, January.
- Balke, Nathan S & Fomby, Thomas B, 1994.
"Large Shocks, Small Shocks, and Economic Fluctuations: Outliers in Macroeconomic Time Series,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(2), pages 181-200, April-Jun.
- Nathan S. Balke & Thomas B. Fomby, 1991. "Large shocks, small shocks, and economic fluctuations: outliers in macroeconomic times series," Working Papers 9101, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, revised 1991.
- Van Dijk, Dick & Franses, Philip Hans & Lucas, Andre, 1999.
"Testing for Smooth Transition Nonlinearity in the Presence of Outliers,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 17(2), pages 217-235, April.
- van Dijk, D.J.C. & Franses, Ph.H.B.F. & Lucas, A., 1996. "Testing for Smooth Transition Nonlinearity in the Presence of Outliers," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 9622-/A, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Meese, Richard A. & Rogoff, Kenneth, 1983. "Empirical exchange rate models of the seventies : Do they fit out of sample?," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(1-2), pages 3-24, February.
- Kirstin Hubrich & Helmut Lutkepohl & Pentti Saikkonen, 2001. "A Review Of Systems Cointegration Tests," Econometric Reviews, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(3), pages 247-318.
- Abdul Qayyum, 2005. "Modelling the Demand for Money in Pakistan," The Pakistan Development Review, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics, vol. 44(3), pages 233-252.
- Johansen, Soren, 1995. "Likelihood-Based Inference in Cointegrated Vector Autoregressive Models," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198774501.
- Razzaque Bhatti & Imad Moosa, 1994. "A new approach to testing ex ante purchasing power parity," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 1(9), pages 148-151.
- Davidson, James, 1998. "Structural relations, cointegration and identification: some simple results and their application," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 87-113, August.
- Kasa, Kenneth, 1992. "Common stochastic trends in international stock markets," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 29(1), pages 95-124, February.
- Cushman, David O., 2007. "A portfolio balance approach to the Canadian-U.S. exchange rate," Review of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 16(3), pages 305-320.
- Hendry, David F., 1995. "Dynamic Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198283164.
- MacDonald, Ronald, 1993. "Long-Run Purchasing Power Parity: Is It for Real?," The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 75(4), pages 690-695, November.
- Gonzalo, Jesus, 1994. "Five alternative methods of estimating long-run equilibrium relationships," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 60(1-2), pages 203-233.
- Levent KORAP, 2008.
"Exchange Rate Determination Of Tl/Us$:A Co-Integration Approach,"
Istanbul University Econometrics and Statistics e-Journal,
Department of Econometrics, Faculty of Economics, Istanbul University, vol. 7(1), pages 24-50, May.
- Levent, Korap, 2008. "Exchange rate determination of TL/US$: a co-integration approach," MPRA Paper 19659, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Johansen, Søren & Juselius, Katarina, 1992. "Testing structural hypotheses in a multivariate cointegration analysis of the PPP and the UIP for UK," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 53(1-3), pages 211-244.
- Faust, Jon & Rogers, John H. & H. Wright, Jonathan, 2003.
"Exchange rate forecasting: the errors we've really made,"
Journal of International Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 60(1), pages 35-59, May.
- Jon Faust & John H. Rogers & Jonathan H. Wright, 2001. "Exchange rate forecasting: the errors we've really made," International Finance Discussion Papers 714, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.), revised 2001.
- George Tweneboah, 2009. "Relevance of Financial Markets for Exchange Rate Modeling in Ghana," The IUP Journal of Financial Economics, IUP Publications, vol. 0(3 & 4), pages 24-36, September.
- Muhammad Arshad Khan & Abdul Qayyum, 2008. "Long-Run and Short-Run Dynamics of the Exchange Rate in Pakistan: Evidence FromUnrestricted Purchasing Power Parity Theory," Lahore Journal of Economics, Department of Economics, The Lahore School of Economics, vol. 13(1), pages 29-56, Jan-Jun.
- Mark, Nelson C, 1995. "Exchange Rates and Fundamentals: Evidence on Long-Horizon Predictability," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(1), pages 201-218, March.
More about this item
KeywordsExchange Rate Determination; Keynesian Model; HEGY Seasonal Unit Root; Cointegration; Error Correction Model; Pakistan;
- C3 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables
- C32 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Multiple or Simultaneous Equation Models; Multiple Variables - - - Time-Series Models; Dynamic Quantile Regressions; Dynamic Treatment Effect Models; Diffusion Processes; State Space Models
- C5 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric Modeling
- F3 - International Economics - - International Finance
- F31 - International Economics - - International Finance - - - Foreign Exchange
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:52611. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.