Promptness and Academic Performance
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Reuben, Ernesto & Sapienza, Paola & Zingales, Luigi, 2015.
"Procrastination and impatience,"
Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics),
Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 63-76.
- Ernesto Reuben & Paola Sapienza & Luigi Zingales, 2007. "Procrastination and Impatience," NBER Working Papers 13713, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Reuben, Ernesto & Sapienza, Paola & Zingales, Luigi, 2008. "Procrastination and Impatience," CEPR Discussion Papers 6668, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Hoch, Stephen J & Loewenstein, George F, 1991. " Time-Inconsistent Preferences and Consumer Self-Control," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(4), pages 492-507, March.
- Klaus Wertenbroch, 1998. "Consumption Self-Control by Rationing Purchase Quantities of Virtue and Vice," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 17(4), pages 317-337.
- Matthew Rabin & Ted O'Donoghue, 1999.
"Doing It Now or Later,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 89(1), pages 103-124, March.
- Ted O'Donoghue & Matthew Rabin, 1996. "Doing It Now or Later," Discussion Papers 1172, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- O'Donoghue, Ted & Rabin, Matthew, 1997. "Doing It Now or Later," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt7t44m5b0, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Ted O'Donoghue and Matthew Rabin ., 1997. "Doing It Now or Later," Economics Working Papers 97-253, University of California at Berkeley.
- Thaler, Richard H & Shefrin, H M, 1981. "An Economic Theory of Self-Control," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 89(2), pages 392-406, April.
- Ted O'Donoghue & Matthew Rabin, 2001.
"Choice and Procrastination,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 116(1), pages 121-160.
- O'Donoghue, Ted & Rabin, Matthew, 2000. "Choice and Procrastination," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt5r26k54p, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Ted O' Donoghue & Matthew Rabin, 2001. "Choice and Procrastination," Microeconomics 0012002, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ted O' Donoghue and Matthew Rabin., 2000. "Choice and Procrastination," Economics Working Papers E00-281, University of California at Berkeley.
- Carmen Aina & Eliana Baici & Giorgia Casalone, 2011. "Time to degree: students' abilities, university characteristics or something else? Evidence from Italy," Education Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(3), pages 311-325.
- Deon Filmer & Lant Pritchett, 1999. "The Effect of Household Wealth on Educational Attainment: Evidence from 35 Countries," Population and Development Review, The Population Council, Inc., vol. 25(1), pages 85-120, March.
- Roland Benabou & Jean Tirole, 2004. "Willpower and Personal Rules," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 112(4), pages 848-886, August.
- Castellani, Marco & Di Giovinazzo, Viviana & Novarese, Marco, 2010. "Procedural rationality and happiness," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 376-383, June.
- Daniel Kahneman, 2003. "Maps of Bounded Rationality: Psychology for Behavioral Economics," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 93(5), pages 1449-1475, December.
- David Laibson, 1997. "Golden Eggs and Hyperbolic Discounting," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 112(2), pages 443-478.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Procrastination is a strong predictor of academic performance
by Economic Logician in Economic Logic on 2013-10-30 19:13:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pugatch, Todd & Wilson, Nicholas, 2018.
"Nudging study habits: A field experiment on peer tutoring in higher education,"
Economics of Education Review,
Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 151-161.
- Wilson, Nicholas & Pugatch, Todd, 2017. "Nudging Study Habits: A Field Experiment on Peer Tutoring in Higher Education," GLO Discussion Paper Series 73, Global Labor Organization (GLO).
- Wilson, Nicholas & Pugatch, Todd, 2017. "Nudging Study Habits: A Field Experiment on Peer Tutoring in Higher Education," IZA Discussion Papers 10784, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- De Paola, Maria & Scoppa, Vincenzo, 2015.
"Procrastination, academic success and the effectiveness of a remedial program,"
Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization,
Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 217-236.
- Maria De Paola & Vincenzo Scoppa, 2014. "Procrastination, Academic Success And The Effectiveness Of A Remedial Program," Working Papers 201401, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza "Giovanni Anania" - DESF.
- De Paola, Maria & Scoppa, Vincenzo, 2014. "Procrastination, Academic Success and the Effectiveness of a Remedial Program," IZA Discussion Papers 8021, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Alberto Bisin & Kyle Hyndman, 2014. "Present-Bias, Procrastination and Deadlines in a Field Experiment," NBER Working Papers 19874, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Koch, Alexander & Nafziger, Julia & Nielsen, Helena Skyt, 2015. "Behavioral economics of education," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 115(C), pages 3-17.
More about this item
Keywordsprocrastination; academic performance; motivation;
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- D99 - Microeconomics - - Micro-Based Behavioral Economics - - - Other
- I21 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Education - - - Analysis of Education
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-CBE-2013-09-28 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EDU-2013-09-28 (Education)
- NEP-FOR-2013-09-28 (Forecasting)
- NEP-HRM-2013-09-28 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-SOG-2013-09-28 (Sociology of Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:49746. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.