Procedural Rationality and Happiness
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Castellani, Marco & Di Giovinazzo, Viviana & Novarese, Marco, 2010. "Procedural rationality and happiness," Journal of Behavioral and Experimental Economics (formerly The Journal of Socio-Economics), Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 376-383, June.
References listed on IDEAS
- Viviana Di Giovinazzo, 2008. "From Individual Wellbeing to Economic Welfare. The Scitovsky Contribution to the Explanation of a Joyless Economy," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00650853, HAL.
- Simon, Herbert A, 1978. "Rationality as Process and as Product of Thought," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 68(2), pages 1-16, May.
- Herbert Simon, 2000. "Bounded rationality in social science: Today and tomorrow," Mind & Society: Cognitive Studies in Economics and Social Sciences, Springer;Fondazione Rosselli, vol. 1(1), pages 25-39, March.
- Lars P. Feld & Sarah Necker & Bruno S. Frey, 2015.
"Happiness of economists,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(10), pages 990-1007, February.
- Feld, Lars P. & Necker, Sarah & Frey, Bruno S., 2013. "Happiness of economists," Freiburg Discussion Papers on Constitutional Economics 13/7, Walter Eucken Institut e.V..
- Lars P. Feld & Sarah Necker & Bruno S .Frey, 2014. "Happiness of economists," CREMA Working Paper Series 2014-16, Center for Research in Economics, Management and the Arts (CREMA).
- Lars P. Feld & Sarah Necker & Bruno S. Frey, 2014. "Happiness of Economists," CESifo Working Paper Series 5099, CESifo Group Munich.
- Hayek, F. A., 2012. "New Studies in Philosophy, Politics, Economics, and the History of Ideas," University of Chicago Press Economics Books, University of Chicago Press, number 9780226321288, July.
- Lundberg, C. Gustav, 2000. "Made sense and remembered sense: Sensemaking through abduction," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 21(6), pages 691-709, December.
- Simon, Herbert A, 1986. "Rationality in Psychology and Economics," The Journal of Business, University of Chicago Press, vol. 59(4), pages 209-224, October.
- Heiner, Ronald A, 1983. "The Origin of Predictable Behavior," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 73(4), pages 560-595, September.
- Herbert A. Simon, 1996. "The Sciences of the Artificial, 3rd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262691914, March.
- Selten, Reinhard, 1996. "Aspiration Adaptation Theory," Discussion Paper Serie B 389, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Cecilia Chaing & Lindsay McSweeney, 2010. "A Behavioral Model of Rational Choice," CPI Journal, Competition Policy International, vol. 6.
- Jack Vromen, 2006. "Routines, genes and program-based behavior," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 16(5), pages 543-560, December.
- Di Giovinazzo, Viviana, 2008. "From Individual Wellbeing to Economic Welfare. The Scitovsky Contribution to the Explanation of a Joyless Economy," European Journal of Economic and Social Systems, Lavoisier, vol. 21(1), pages 57-81.
- Paul W. Grimes, 2002. "The Overconfident Principles of Economics Student: An Examination of a Metacognitive Skill," The Journal of Economic Education, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(1), pages 15-30, January.
- John Conlisk, 1996. "Why Bounded Rationality?," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 34(2), pages 669-700, June.
- Foss, Nicolai J., 2003. "Bounded rationality in the economics of organization: "Much cited and little used"," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 24(2), pages 245-264, April.
- A. W. Coats, 1996. "Introduction," History of Political Economy, Duke University Press, vol. 28(5), pages 3-11, Supplemen.
- Stephen J. Mezias & Ya-Ru Chen & Patrice R. Murphy, 2002. "Aspiration-Level Adaptation in an American Financial Services Organization: A Field Study," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 48(10), pages 1285-1300, October.
- Sendhil Mullainathan, 2002. "A Memory-Based Model of Bounded Rationality," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 117(3), pages 735-774.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2012.
"Bounded rationality and perfect rationality: psychology into economics,"
41663, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2012. "Bounded rationality and perfect rationality:psychology into economics," MPRA Paper 84256, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2012.
- Graziano, Mario & Schilirò, Daniele, 2012. "Rationality and choices in economics: behavioral and evolutionary approaches," MPRA Paper 35971, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2012.
"Bounded rationality: psychology, economics and the financial crisis,"
40280, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2013. "Bounded rationality:psychology, economics and the financial crises," MPRA Paper 83721, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 2013.
- Schilirò, Daniele, 2011. "Economics and psychology.Perfect rationality versus bounded rationality," MPRA Paper 34292, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Novarese, Marco & Di Giovinazzo, Viviana, 2013. "Promptness and Academic Performance," MPRA Paper 49746, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
KeywordsProcedural rationality; satisfaction; students; happiness; aspirations;
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2009-11-07 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2009-11-07 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EVO-2009-11-07 (Evolutionary Economics)
- NEP-HAP-2009-11-07 (Economics of Happiness)
- NEP-HPE-2009-11-07 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-LTV-2009-11-07 (Unemployment, Inequality & Poverty)
- NEP-NEU-2009-11-07 (Neuroeconomics)
- NEP-SOC-2009-11-07 (Social Norms & Social Capital)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:18290. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.