Chinese statistics: classification systems and data sources
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sinton, Jonathan E., 2001. "Accuracy and reliability of China's energy statistics," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 373-383.
- Knight, John & Ding, Sai, 2012. "China's Remarkable Economic Growth," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199698691.
- Ravallion, Martin & Chen, Shaohua, 1999. " When Economic Reform Is Faster Than Statistical Reform: Measuring and Explaining Income Inequality in Rural China," Oxford Bulletin of Economics and Statistics, Department of Economics, University of Oxford, vol. 61(1), pages 33-56, February.
- John Knight & Jinjun Xue, 2006. "How High is Urban Unemployment in China?," Journal of Chinese Economic and Business Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 91-107.
- Mehrotra, Aaron & Pääkkönen, Jenni, 2011.
"Comparing China's GDP statistics with coincident indicators,"
Journal of Comparative Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 39(3), pages 406-411, September.
- Mehrotra, Aaron & Pääkkönen, Jenni, 2011. "Comparing China's GDP statistics with coincident indicators," BOFIT Discussion Papers 1/2011, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Rawski, Thomas G. & Mead, Robert W., 1998. "On the trail of China's phantom farmers," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 26(5), pages 767-781, May.
- Zheng, Jingping, 2001. "China's official statistics: Growing with full vitality," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 333-337.
- Chen, Shaohua & Ravallion, Martin, 1996. "Data in transition: Assessing rural living standards in Southern China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 23-56.
- Wu, Harry X, 1993. "The "Real" Chinese Gross Domestic Product (GDP) for the Pre-reform Period 1952-77," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 39(1), pages 63-86, March.
- Giles, John & Park, Albert & Zhang, Juwei, 2005. "What is China's true unemployment rate?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 16(2), pages 149-170.
- Huenemann, Ralph W., 2001. "Are China's recent transport statistics plausible?," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 368-372.
- Scharping, Thomas, 2001. "Hide-and-seek: China's elusive population data," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 12(4), pages 323-332.
- Harry X Wu, 1991. "The "Real" Chinese Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the Pre-Reform Period 1952/1977," Chinese Economies Research Centre (CERC) Working Papers 1991-07, University of Adelaide, Chinese Economies Research Centre.
- Sinton, Jonathan E. & Fridley, David G., 2000. "What goes up: recent trends in China's energy consumption," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(10), pages 671-687, August.
- Gregory C. Chow, 1993. "Capital Formation and Economic Growth in China," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 108(3), pages 809-842.
- Gibson, John & Huang, Jikun & Rozelle, Scott, 2001. "Why is income inequality so low in China compared to other countries?: The effect of household survey methods," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 71(3), pages 329-333, June.
- Cai Fang, 2004. "The Consistency of China's Statistics on Employment : Stylized Facts and Implications for Public Policies," Chinese Economy, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 37(5), pages 74-89, September.
- Shuzhuo Li & Yexia Zhang & Marcus Feldman, 2010. "Birth Registration in China: Practices, Problems and Policies," Population Research and Policy Review, Springer;Southern Demographic Association (SDA), vol. 29(3), pages 297-317, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Holz, Carsten A, 2013. "Monthly industrial output in China since 1983," MPRA Paper 43867, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carsten A. Holz, 2017. "The Chaning Patterns of Investment in the PRC Economy," CESifo Working Paper Series 6484, CESifo Group Munich.
- repec:eee:regeco:v:65:y:2017:i:c:p:116-126 is not listed on IDEAS
- Holz, Carsten A., 2014. "The quality of China's GDP statistics," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 309-338.
- repec:eee:chieco:v:44:y:2017:i:c:p:327-342 is not listed on IDEAS
- John Gibson & Chao Li, 2017.
"The Erroneous Use Of China'S Population And Per Capita Data: A Structured Review And Critical Test,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 31(4), pages 905-922, September.
- John Gibson & Chao Li, 2015. "The Erroneous Use of China's Population and per capita Data:A Structured Review and Critical Test," Working Papers in Economics 15/14, University of Waikato.
- Matthias Duschl & Shi-Shu Peng, 2013. "Chinese firm dynamics and the role of ownership type A conditional estimation approach of the Asymmetric Exponential Power (AEP) density," Papers on Economics and Evolution 2014-01, Philipps University Marburg, Department of Geography.
- Chao Li & John Gibson, 2016. "Pareto's Law and City Size in China: Diverging Patterns in Land and People," Working Papers in Economics 16/09, University of Waikato.
- Ma, Ben & Song, Guojun & Zhang, Lei & Sonnenfeld, David A., 2014. "Explaining sectoral discrepancies between national and provincial statistics in China," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 353-369.
- Ting Wang & Areendam Chanda, 2016. "Manufacturing Growth and Local Multipliers in China," Departmental Working Papers 2016-02, Department of Economics, Louisiana State University.
More about this item
Keywords(all: China) national income accounting; national statistical system; China Standard Industrial Classification System; industrial statistics coverage; ownership classification system; national statistical data sources/limitations/explanations;
- R1 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics
- C82 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Macroeconomic Data; Data Access
- P27 - Economic Systems - - Socialist Systems and Transition Economies - - - Performance and Prospects
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:43869. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .