Monthly industrial output in China since 1983
Monthly economic indicators are used for a variety of purposes, from studying business cycles to determining economic policy and making informed business decisions. China’s published monthly industrial output statistics could hardly be more confusing, with changes in variables, in coverage, in measurement, and in presentation. This paper reviews the available official data and proceeds to construct a monthly industrial output series in nominal terms and in real terms for the period since May 1983, economy-wide and for the state sector.
|Date of creation:||10 Jan 2013|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Web page: http://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Angus Maddison, 2006. "DO OFFICIAL STATISTICS EXAGGERATE CHINA's GDP GROWTH? A REPLY TO CARSTEN HOLZ," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 52(1), pages 121-126, 03.
- Carsten A. Holz, 2006. "CHINA's REFORM PERIOD ECONOMIC GROWTH: HOW RELIABLE ARE ANGUS MADDISON's ESTIMATES?," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 52(1), pages 85-119, 03.
- Wu, Harry X, 1993. "The "Real" Chinese Gross Domestic Product (GDP) for the Pre-reform Period 1952-77," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 39(1), pages 63-86, March.
- Wu, Harry X, 2002. "How Fast Has Chinese Industry Grown?--Measuring the Real Output of Chinese Industry, 1949-97," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 48(2), pages 179-204, June.
- Holz, Carsten A, 2013. "Chinese statistics: classification systems and data sources," MPRA Paper 43869, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Harry X Wu, 1991. "The "Real" Chinese Gross Domestic Product (GDP) in the Pre-Reform Period 1952/1977," Chinese Economies Research Centre (CERC) Working Papers 1991-07, University of Adelaide, Chinese Economies Research Centre.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:43867. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ekkehart Schlicht)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.