Report NEP-HIS-2013-01-26This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Stephen H. Haber & Aldo Musacchio, 2013. "These Are the Good Old Days: Foreign Entry and the Mexican Banking System," NBER Working Papers 18713, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Alexander Moradi, Gareth Austin and Jorg Baten, 2013. "Heights and Development in a Cash-Crop Colony: Living Standards in Ghana, 1870-1980," Working Papers 325, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Marc Badia-Miro & Enric Tello, 2013. "An agency-oriented model to explain vine-growing specialization in the province of Barcelona (Catalonia, Spain) in the mid-nineteenth century," Working Papers in Economics 290, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Prados de la Escosura, Leandro, 2013. "World human development : 1870-2007," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp13-01, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Bas ter Weel & Semih Akcomak & Dinand Webbink, 2013. "Why Did the Netherlands Develop so Early? The Legacy of the Brethren of the Common Life," CPB Discussion Paper 228, CPB Netherlands Bureau for Economic Policy Analysis.
- Gregg Huff & Shinobu Majima, 2013. "Financing Japan’s World War II occupation of Southeast Asia," Working Paper 2013/02, Norges Bank.
- David Cuberes & Rafael González-Val, 2013. "History and Urban Primacy: The Effect of the Spanish Reconquista on Muslim Cities," Working Papers 2013002, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics.
- Mo, Pak-Hung, 2013. "Geography, Writing System and History of Ancient Civilizations," MPRA Paper 43826, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fernández-de-Pinedo, Nadia, 2013. "Demand for Cuban Tobacco as seen through Cuban Exports," Working Papers in Economic History 2013/01, Universidad Autónoma de Madrid (Spain), Department of Economic Analysis (Economic Theory and Economic History).
- Joanna Lahey, 2013. "Birthing a Nation: The Effect of Fertility Control Access on the 19th Century Demographic Transition," NBER Working Papers 18717, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ute Filipiak, 2013. "Trusting Financial Institutions: Out of Reach, out of Trust?," Schumpeter Discussion Papers sdp13002, Universitätsbibliothek Wuppertal, University Library.
- Item repec:gdm:wpaper:9913 is not listed on IDEAS anymore
- Bertrand BLANCHETON & Nikolay NENOVSKY, 2013. "Protectionism and Protectionists Theories in the Balkans in the Interwar Period," Cahiers du GREThA 2013-02, Groupe de Recherche en Economie Théorique et Appliquée.
- Miguel Martín-Retortillo & Vicente Pinilla, 2013. "Patterns and causes of growth of European agricultural production, 1950-2005," Documentos de Trabajo (DT-AEHE) 1302, Asociacion Espa–ola de Historia Economica.
- Dennis Tao Yang & Xiaodong Zhu, 2013. "Modernization of Agriculture and Long-Term Growth," Working Papers tecipa-472, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Fabio Padovano & Ronald Wintrobe, 2012. "Theocracy is just another Form of Dictatorship: Theory and Evidence from the Papal Regimes," Economics Working Paper Archive (University of Rennes 1 & University of Caen) 201302, Center for Research in Economics and Management (CREM), University of Rennes 1, University of Caen and CNRS.
- Kodila-Tedika, Oasis, 2013.
"Esclavagisme et colonisation : Quelles conséquences contemporaines en Afrique ? - Résumé critique des travaux de l'économiste Nathan Nunn
[Slavery and colonization: What contemporary consequences i," MPRA Paper 43732, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Eugene N. White, 2013. "Competition Among the Exchanges before the SEC: Was the NYSE a Natural Hegemon?," NBER Working Papers 18712, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Peter Drysdale & SÃ©bastien Willis, 2013. "Asia and The G20," EABER Working Papers 23384, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Jun, Bogang, 2013. "The Trade-off between Fertility and Education: Evidence from the Korean Development Path," MPRA Paper 43971, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Claude B. Erb & Campbell R. Harvey, 2013. "The Golden Dilemma," NBER Working Papers 18706, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paola Giuliano & Nathan Nunn, 2013. "The Transmission of Democracy: From the Village to the Nation-State," NBER Working Papers 18722, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Erik S. Reinert, 2013. "Jacob Bielfeld's ''On the ''Decline of States''(1760) and its Relevance for Today," The Other Canon Foundation and Tallinn University of Technology Working Papers in Technology Governance and Economic Dynamics 47, TUT Ragnar Nurkse School of Innovation and Governance.
- Roy Grieve, 2012. "Still more on why we should bury the Marginal Productivity Theory of the Price of Capital: A Supplementary Note," Working Papers 1215, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- Erik S. Reinert, 2013. "Primitivization of the EU Periphery: The Loss of Relevant Knowledge," The Other Canon Foundation and Tallinn University of Technology Working Papers in Technology Governance and Economic Dynamics 48, TUT Ragnar Nurkse School of Innovation and Governance.
- Fernando Alexandre & Pedro Bação, 2012. "Portugal Before and After the European Union: Facts on Nontradables," GEMF Working Papers 2013-02, GEMF, Faculty of Economics, University of Coimbra.
- Ángel Fernández González & Jesús Giráldez Rivero, 2013. "Acuicultura y globalización: el caso de la industria del mejillón," Documentos de Trabajo (DT-AEHE) 1301, Asociacion Espa–ola de Historia Economica.
- Larbi Alaoui & Alvaro Sandroni, 2013. "Predestination and the Protestant ethic," Economics Working Papers 1350, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra.
- Robert A. Blecker & Carlos A. Ibarra, 2013. "Trade liberalization and the balance of payments constraint with intermediate imports: the case of Mexico revisited," Working Papers 2013-02, American University, Department of Economics.
- Holz, Carsten A, 2013. "Monthly industrial output in China since 1983," MPRA Paper 43867, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hernán Enriquez Sierra & Jacobo Campo Robledo, 2012. "Equilibrio regional y patrones de migración para el continente americano 1960 - 2005: Análisis espacial por panel de datos," DOCUMENTOS DE TRABAJO UCATOLICA 010388, UNIVERSIDAD CATOLICA DE COLOMBIA.
- Vincenzo Scoppa, 2013. "Fatigue And Team Performance In Soccer: Evidence From The Fifa World Cup And The Uefa European Championship," Working Papers 201301, Università della Calabria, Dipartimento di Economia, Statistica e Finanza (Ex Dipartimento di Economia e Statistica).
- Becker, Sascha O. & Hvide, Hans K., 2013. "Do entrepreneurs matter?," The Warwick Economics Research Paper Series (TWERPS) 1002, University of Warwick, Department of Economics.