Competition Among the Exchanges before the SEC: Was the NYSE a Natural Hegemon?
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- White, Eugene N., 2013. "Competition among the exchanges before the SEC: was the NYSE a natural hegemon?," Financial History Review, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(01), pages 29-48, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Davis, Lance E. & Neal, Larry & White, Eugene, 2007.
"The Highest Price Ever: The Great NYSE Seat Sale of 1928 1929 and Capacity Constraints,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 67(03), pages 705-739, September.
- Lance E. Davis & Larry Neal & Eugene N. White, 2005. "The Highest Price Ever: The Great NYSE Seat Sale of 1928-1929 and Capacity Constraints," NBER Working Papers 11556, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- George Garvy, 1944. "Rivals and Interlopers in the History of the New York Security Market," Journal of Political Economy, University of Chicago Press, vol. 52, pages 128-128.
- Anat R. Admati, Paul Pfleiderer, 1988. "A Theory of Intraday Patterns: Volume and Price Variability," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 1(1), pages 3-40.
- repec:bla:joares:v:31:y:1993:i::p:183-223 is not listed on IDEAS
- Schwert, G. William, 1977. "Stock exchange seats as capital assets," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(1), pages 51-78, January.
- Marco Pagano, 1989. "Trading Volume and Asset Liquidity," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 104(2), pages 255-274.
- Huddart, Steven & Hughes, John S. & Brunnermeier, Markus, 1999.
"Disclosure requirements and stock exchange listing choice in an international context,"
Journal of Accounting and Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 26(1-3), pages 237-269, January.
- John S. Hughes & Steven Huddart & Markus K Brunnermeier, 1998. "Disclosure Requirements and Stock Exchange Listing Choice in an International Context," FMG Discussion Papers dp282, Financial Markets Group.
- Kyle, Albert S, 1985. "Continuous Auctions and Insider Trading," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 53(6), pages 1315-1335, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Naomi R. Lamoreaux & Kenneth L. Sokoloff & Dhanoos Sutthiphisal, 2008.
"The Reorganization of Inventive Activity in the United States during the Early Twentieth Century,"
NBER Chapters,in: Understanding Long-Run Economic Growth: Geography, Institutions, and the Knowledge Economy, pages 235-274
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Naomi R. Lamoreaux & Kenneth L. Sokoloff & Dhanoos Sutthiphisal, 2009. "The Reorganization of Inventive Activity in the United States during the Early Twentieth Century," NBER Working Papers 15440, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bruce G. Carruthers & Naomi R. Lamoreaux, 2016. "Regulatory Races: The Effects of Jurisdictional Competition on Regulatory Standards," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 54(1), pages 52-97, March.
- Asaf Bernstein & Eric Hughson & Marc D. Weidenmier, 2014. "Counterparty Risk and the Establishment of the New York Stock Exchange Clearinghouse," NBER Working Papers 20459, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jérémy Ducros & Angelo Riva, 2014. "The Lyon Stock Exchange: A Struggle for Survival (1866-1914)," PSE Working Papers halshs-00960528, HAL.
- Jérémy Ducros & Angelo Riva, 2014. "The Lyon Stock Exchange: A Struggle for Survival (1866-1914)," Working Papers halshs-00960528, HAL.
- Campbell, Gareth & Rogers, Meeghan & Turner, John D., 2016. "The rise and decline of the UK's provincial stock markets, 1869-1929," QUCEH Working Paper Series 2016-03, Queen's University Belfast, Queen's University Centre for Economic History.
More about this item
- G18 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Government Policy and Regulation
- N21 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - U.S.; Canada: Pre-1913
- N22 - Economic History - - Financial Markets and Institutions - - - U.S.; Canada: 1913-
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2013-01-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-COM-2013-01-26 (Industrial Competition)
- NEP-HIS-2013-01-26 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberwo:18712. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .