An agency-oriented model to explain vine-growing specialization in the province of Barcelona (Catalonia, Spain) in the mid-nineteenth century
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Johnson, Christopher H., 1995. "The Life and Death of Industrial Languedoc, 1700-1920," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780195045086, June.
- Santiago-Caballero, Carlos, 2011. "Income inequality in central Spain, 1690-1800," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 83-96, January.
- Prados De La Escosura, Leandro, 2008.
"Inequality, poverty and the Kuznets curve in Spain, 1850–2000,"
European Review of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(03), pages 287-324, December.
- Prados de la Escosura, Leandro, 2007. "Inequality, poverty, and the Kuznets curve In Spain, 1850-2000," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp07-13, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Carmona, Juan & Simpson, James, 1999.
"The “Rabassa Morta” in Catalan Viticulture: The Rise and Decline of a Long-Term Sharecropping Contract, 1670s–1920s,"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 59(02), pages 290-315, June.
- Simpson, James & Carmona, Juan, 1998. "The "rabassa morta" in Catalan viticulture: the rise and decline of a long term sharecropping contract, 1670s-1920s," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wh980402, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Julie Marfany, 2010. "Is it still helpful to talk about proto-industrialization? Some suggestions from a Catalan case study," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 63(4), pages 942-973, November.
- Kevin H. O'Rourke & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2001. "Globalization and History: The Evolution of a Nineteenth-Century Atlantic Economy," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262650592, July.
- J. L. Van Zanden, 1995. "Tracing the beginning of the Kuznets curve: western Europe during the early modern period," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 48(4), pages 643-664, November.
- Enric Tello & Marc Badia-Miro & Xavier Cusso & Ramon Garrabou & Francesc Valls, 2008. "Explaining vineyard specialization in the province of Barcelona (Spain) in the mid-19th century," Working Papers in Economics 201, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Michael D. Bordo & Alan M. Taylor & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2003. "Introduction to "Globalization in Historical Perspective"," NBER Chapters,in: Globalization in Historical Perspective, pages 1-10 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Enric Tello & Marc Badia-Miró, 2011. "Land-use profiles of agrarian income and land ownership inequality in the province of Barcelona in mid-nineteenth century," Documentos de Trabajo de la Sociedad Española de Historia Agraria 1101, Sociedad Española de Historia Agraria.
- Marc Badia-Miró & Enric Tello & Francesc Valls & Ramon Garrabou, 2010. "The Grape Phylloxera Plague As A Natural Experiment: The Upkeep Of Vineyards In Catalonia (Spain), 1858-1935," Australian Economic History Review, Economic History Society of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 50(1), pages 39-61, March.
- Michael D. Bordo & Alan M. Taylor & Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2003. "Globalization in Historical Perspective," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number bord03-1, January.
More about this item
- I39 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Other
- N33 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N53 - Economic History - - Agriculture, Natural Resources, Environment and Extractive Industries - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- Q56 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Environmental Economics - - - Environment and Development; Environment and Trade; Sustainability; Environmental Accounts and Accounting; Environmental Equity; Population Growth
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AGR-2013-01-26 (Agricultural Economics)
- NEP-ALL-2013-01-26 (All new papers)
- NEP-HIS-2013-01-26 (Business, Economic & Financial History)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bar:bedcje:2013290. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Espai de Recerca en Economia). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feubaes.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.