Inequality, poverty, and the Kuznets curve In Spain, 1850-2000
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Prados De La Escosura, Leandro, 2008. "Inequality, poverty and the Kuznets curve in Spain, 1850–2000," European Review of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 12(03), pages 287-324, December.
References listed on IDEAS
- Romer, Paul, 1994.
"New goods, old theory, and the welfare costs of trade restrictions,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 5-38, February.
- Paul M. Romer, 1993. "New Goods, Old Theory, and the Welfare Costs of Trade Restrictions," NBER Working Papers 4452, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Harley, C. Knick, 1992. "International Competitiveness of the Antebellum American Cotton Textile Industry," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 52(03), pages 559-584, September.
- Clark, Gregory, 1987. "Why Isn't the Whole World Developed? Lessons from the Cotton Mills," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 47(01), pages 141-173, March.
- Krugman, Paul, 1995. "Increasing returns, imperfect competition and the positive theory of international trade," Handbook of International Economics,in: G. M. Grossman & K. Rogoff (ed.), Handbook of International Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 24, pages 1243-1277 Elsevier.
- H. M. Boot, 1995. "How skilled were Lancashire cotton factory workers in 1833?," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 48(2), pages 283-303, May.
- Sokoloff, Kenneth L., 1984. "Was the transition from the artisanal shop to the nonmechanized factory associated with gains in efficiency?: Evidence from the U.S. Manufacturing censuses of 1820 and 1850," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 21(4), pages 351-382, October.
- M. Blaug, 1961. "The Productivity Of Capital In The Lancashire Cotton Industry During The Nineteenth Century," Economic History Review, Economic History Society, vol. 13(3), pages 358-381, April.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Romeu, Andrés & Collado, M. Dolores & Ortuño Ortin, Ignacio, 2013. "Long-run intergenerational social mobility and the distribution of surnames," UMUFAE Economics Working Papers 36768, DIGITUM. Universidad de Murcia.
- Maria-Dolores, Ramon & Martínez Carrion, José Miguel, 2012. "The comovement between height and some economic development indicators in Spain," UMUFAE Economics Working Papers 26464, DIGITUM. Universidad de Murcia.
- Jesús Gonzalo & Jean-Yves Pitarakis, 2013.
"Estimation and inference in threshold type regime switching models,"
Chapters,in: Handbook of Research Methods and Applications in Empirical Macroeconomics, chapter 8, pages 189-205
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Gonzalo, Jesús & Pitarakis, Jean-Yves, 2012. "Estimation and inference in threshold type regime switching models," UC3M Working papers. Economics we1204, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Alvaredo, Facundo & Saez, Emmanuel, 2006.
"Income and Wealth Concentration in Spain in a Historical and Fiscal Perspective,"
CEPR Discussion Papers
5836, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Facundo Alvaredo & Emmanuel Saez, 2007. "Income and wealth concentration in Spain in a historical and fiscal perspective," PSE Working Papers halshs-00587714, HAL.
- Madsen, Jakob B. & Islam, Md. Rabiul & Doucouliagos, Hristos, 2018.
"Inequality, financial development and economic growth in the OECD, 1870–2011,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 101(C), pages 605-624.
- Jakob Brochner Madsen & MD. Rabiul Islam & Hristos Doucouliagos, 2016. "Inequality, Financial Development and Economic Growth in the OECD, 1870-2011," Monash Economics Working Papers 18-16, Monash University, Department of Economics.
- José Cañabate-Cabezuelos & José M. Martínez-Carrión, 2016.
"Poverty and rural height penalty in inland Spain during the nutrition transition,"
Documentos de Trabajo de la Sociedad Española de Historia Agraria
1604, Sociedad Española de Historia Agraria.
- Martínez-Carrión, José Miguel & Cañabate-Cabezuelos, José, 2016. "Poverty and rural height penalty in inland Spain during the nutrition transition," MPRA Paper 74356, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 01 Sep 2016.
- Torregrosa-Hetland, Sara, 2016.
"Sticky Income Inequality In The Spanish Transition (1973-1990),"
Revista de Historia Económica,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 34(01), pages 39-80, March.
- Sara Torregrosa Hetland, 2014. "Sticky income inequality in the Spanish transition (1973-1990)," UB Economics Working Papers 2014/319, Universitat de Barcelona, Facultat d'Economia i Empresa, UB Economics.
- Alfani, Guido & Ryckbosch, Wouter, 2016. "Growing apart in early modern Europe? A comparison of inequality trends in Italy and the Low Countries, 1500–1800," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 143-153.
- María-Dolores, Ramón & Martínez-Carrión, José Miguel, 2011. "The relationship between height and economic development in Spain, 1850-1958," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 9(1), pages 30-44, January.
- Guido Alfani & Francesco Ammannati, 2014. "Economic inequality and poverty in the very long run: The case of the Florentine State," Working Papers 070, "Carlo F. Dondena" Centre for Research on Social Dynamics (DONDENA), Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi.
- Santiago-Caballero, Carlos, 2012. "Provincial grain yields in Spain, 1750-2009," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp12-04, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Foldvari, Peter & van Leeuwen, Bas & Marks, Daan & Gall, Jozsef, 2013. "Indonesian regional welfare development, 1900–1990: New anthropometric evidence," Economics & Human Biology, Elsevier, vol. 11(1), pages 78-89.
- Rojo Cagigal, Juan Carlos & Houpt, Stefan, 2011. "Hunger in hell’s kitchen : family living conditions during Spanish industrialization : the Bilbao estuary, 1914-1935," IFCS - Working Papers in Economic History.WH wp11-04, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Instituto Figuerola.
- Vicente Esteve & Cecilio Tamarit, 2011. "Cointegration with multiple structural breaks: an application to the Spanish environmental Kuznets curve, 1857-2007," Working Papers 1114, Department of Applied Economics II, Universidad de Valencia.
- Francisco J. Beltran Tapia & Julio Martinez-Galarrage, 2015. "Inequality and poverty in a developing economy: Evidence from regional data (Spain, 1860-1930)," Working Papers 0078, European Historical Economics Society (EHES).
- Guido Alfani & Wouter Ryckbosch, 2015. "Was there a ‘Little Convergence’ in inequality? Italy and the Low Countries compared, ca. 1500-1800," Working Papers 557, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Esteve, Vicente & Tamarit, Cecilio, 2012. "Is there an environmental Kuznets curve for Spain? Fresh evidence from old data," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 29(6), pages 2696-2703.
- Alfani, Guido, 2015.
"Economic Inequality in Northwestern Italy: A Long-Term View (Fourteenth to Eighteenth Centuries),"
The Journal of Economic History,
Cambridge University Press, vol. 75(04), pages 1058-1096, December.
- Guido Alfani, 2014. "Economic inequality in northwestern Italy: A long-term view (fourteenth to eighteenth centuries)," Working Papers 061, "Carlo F. Dondena" Centre for Research on Social Dynamics (DONDENA), Università Commerciale Luigi Bocconi.
- Jan Luiten van Zanden & Joerg Baten & Peter Foldvari & Bas van Leeuwen, 2011. "The Changing Shape of Global Inequality - exploring a new dataset," Working Papers 0001, Utrecht University, Centre for Global Economic History.
- Marc Badia-Miro & Enric Tello, 2013. "An agency-oriented model to explain vine-growing specialization in the province of Barcelona (Catalonia, Spain) in the mid-nineteenth century," Working Papers in Economics 290, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Ramon Ramon-Muñoz & Josep-Maria Ramon-Muñoz, 2015. "Height and Industrialisation in a City in Catalonia during the Nineteenth Century," UB Economics Working Papers 2015/334, Universitat de Barcelona, Facultat d'Economia i Empresa, UB Economics.
- Milanovic, Branko, 2009. "Global inequality and the global inequality extraction ratio: the story of the past two centuries," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5044, The World Bank.
- Milanovic, Branko, 2011. "A short history of global inequality: The past two centuries," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 48(4), pages 494-506.
- Islam, Md. Rabiul & Madsen, Jakob B., 2015. "Is income inequality persistent? Evidence using panel stationarity tests, 1870–2011," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 127(C), pages 17-19.
More about this item
- D3 - Microeconomics - - Distribution
- I32 - Health, Education, and Welfare - - Welfare, Well-Being, and Poverty - - - Measurement and Analysis of Poverty
- N33 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Europe: Pre-1913
- N34 - Economic History - - Labor and Consumers, Demography, Education, Health, Welfare, Income, Wealth, Religion, and Philanthropy - - - Europe: 1913-
- O15 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Economic Development: Human Resources; Human Development; Income Distribution; Migration
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:cte:whrepe:wp07-13. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ana Poveda). General contact details of provider: http://portal.uc3m.es/portal/page/portal/instituto_figuerola .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .