The Grape Phylloxera Plague As A Natural Experiment: The Upkeep Of Vineyards In Catalonia (Spain), 1858–1935
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Persson,Karl Gunnar, 1999. "Grain Markets in Europe, 1500â€“1900," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521650960.
- Krausmann, Fridolin & Schandl, Heinz & Sieferle, Rolf Peter, 2008.
"Socio-ecological regime transitions in Austria and the United Kingdom,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 187-201, March.
- Fridolin Krausmann & Heinz Schandl & Rolf Peter Sieferle, 2007. "Socio-Ecological Regime Transitions in Austria and the United Kingdom," Socio-Economics and the Environment in Discussion (SEED) Working Paper Series 2007-05, CSIRO Sustainable Ecosystems.
- Simpson,James, 2003. "Spanish Agriculture," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521525169.
- Cusso, Xavier & Garrabou, Ramon & Tello, Enric, 2006. "Social metabolism in an agrarian region of Catalonia (Spain) in 1860-1870: Flows, energy balance and land use," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 58(1), pages 49-65, June.
- Gonzalez de Molina, Manuel, 2002. "Environmental constraints on agricultural growth in 19th century granada (Southern Spain)," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(2), pages 257-270, May.
- Jeffrey G. Williamson, 2006. "Globalization and the Poor Periphery before 1950," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262232502, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marc Badia-Miro & Enric Tello, 2013. "An agency-oriented model to explain vine-growing specialization in the province of Barcelona (Catalonia, Spain) in the mid-nineteenth century," Working Papers in Economics 290, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Padró, R. & Marco, I. & Font, C. & Tello, E., 2019. "Beyond Chayanov: A sustainable agroecological farm reproductive analysis of peasant domestic units and rural communities (Sentmenat; Catalonia, 1860)," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 160(C), pages 227-239.
- Depietri, Yaella & Kallis, Giorgos & Baró, Francesc & Cattaneo, Claudio, 2016. "The urban political ecology of ecosystem services: The case of Barcelona," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 125(C), pages 83-100.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Duarte, Rosa & Pinilla, Vicente & Serrano, Ana, 2014.
"The water footprint of the Spanish agricultural sector: 1860–2010,"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 108(C), pages 200-207.
- Rosa Duarte & Vicente Pinilla & Ana Serrano, 2014. "The water footprint of the spanish agricultural sector: 1860-2010," Documentos de Trabajo de la Sociedad Española de Historia Agraria 1408, Sociedad Española de Historia Agraria.
- Enric Tello & Marc Badia-Miro & Xavier Cusso & Ramon Garrabou & Francesc Valls, 2008. "Explaining vineyard specialization in the province of Barcelona (Spain) in the mid-19th century," Working Papers in Economics 201, Universitat de Barcelona. Espai de Recerca en Economia.
- Elena Galán del Castillo, 2017. "Feeding soils: nutrient balance in the northeast of the Iberian Peninsula c. 1920," Historia Agraria. Revista de Agricultura e Historia Rural, Sociedad Española de Historia Agraria, issue 72, pages 107-134, august.
- Ramon Garrabou & Enric Tello & Xavier Cussó, 2006. "Between specialization and globalization. The marketing of agrarian products and its environmental impacts seen from a historical perspective: the province of Barcelona in the mid-nineteenth century," UHE Working papers 2006_06, Universitat Autònoma de Barcelona, Departament d'Economia i Història Econòmica, Unitat d'Història Econòmica.
- Kuskova, Petra & Gingrich, Simone & Krausmann, Fridolin, 2008. "Long term changes in social metabolism and land use in Czechoslovakia, 1830-2000: An energy transition under changing political regimes," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(1-2), pages 394-407, December.
- Barca, Stefania, 2011. "Energy, property, and the industrial revolution narrative," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 70(7), pages 1309-1315, May.
- Guzmán, Gloria I. & Alonso, Antonio M., 2008. "A comparison of energy use in conventional and organic olive oil production in Spain," Agricultural Systems, Elsevier, vol. 98(3), pages 167-176, October.
- Iriarte-Goñi, Iñaki & Ayuda, Maria Isabel, 2008. "Wood and industrialization: Evidence and hypotheses from the case of Spain, 1860-1935," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 65(1), pages 177-186, March.
- Federico, Giovanni & Schulze, Max-Stephan & Volckart, Oliver, 2021.
"European Goods Market Integration in the Very Long Run: From the Black Death to the First World War,"
The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 81(1), pages 276-308, March.
- Federico, Giovanni & Schulze, Max-Stephan & Volckart, Oliver, 2018. "European goods market integration in the very long run: from the Black Death to the First World War," Economic History Working Papers 87184, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Federico, Giovanni & Schulze, Max Stephan & Volckart, Oliver, 2021. "European goods market integration in the very long run: from the Black Death to the First World War," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 108553, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Iñaki Iriarte-Goñi, 2009. "La obra de Octavio Elorrieta (1881-1962). El monte al servicio de la economía," Historia Agraria. Revista de Agricultura e Historia Rural, Sociedad Española de Historia Agraria, issue 48, pages 133-159, august.
- Zeke Marshall & Paul E. Brockway, 2020. "A Net Energy Analysis of the Global Agriculture, Aquaculture, Fishing and Forestry System," Biophysical Economics and Resource Quality, Springer, vol. 5(2), pages 1-27, June.
- Iriarte-Goñi, Iñaki & Ayuda, María-Isabel, 2012.
"Not only subterranean forests: Wood consumption and economic development in Britain (1850–1938),"
Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 77(C), pages 176-184.
- Iñaki Iriarte-Goñi & María Isabel Ayuda, 2011. "Not Only Subterranean Forests: Wood Consumption And Economic Development In Britain (1850-1938)," Documentos de Trabajo (DT-AEHE) 1107, Asociación Española de Historia Económica.
- Edvinsson, Rodney, 2008. "Harvests, prices and population in early modern Sweden," Stockholm Papers in Economic History 1, Stockholm University, Department of Economic History.
- Fix, Blair, 2018. "Energy, Hierarchy and the Origin of Inequality," SocArXiv v9pur, Center for Open Science.
- Niklas Potrafke & Fabian Ruthardt & Kaspar Wuthrich, 2020.
"Protectionism and economic growth: Causal evidence from the first era of globalization,"
- Niklas Potrafke & Fabian Ruthardt & Kaspar Wüthrich & Fabian Ruthardt, 2020. "Protectionism and Economic Growth: Causal Evidence from the First Era of Globalization," CESifo Working Paper Series 8759, CESifo.
- Calixto Salomão Filho, 2015. "Monopolies and Underdevelopment," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 16587.
- Krausmann, Fridolin & Gingrich, Simone & Eisenmenger, Nina & Erb, Karl-Heinz & Haberl, Helmut & Fischer-Kowalski, Marina, 2009. "Growth in global materials use, GDP and population during the 20th century," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 68(10), pages 2696-2705, August.
- repec:esx:essedp:729 is not listed on IDEAS
- Jerven , Morten & Austin , Gareth & Green, Erik & Uche , Chibuike & Frankema , Ewout & Fourie , Johan & Inikori , Joseph & Moradi , Alexander & Hillbom , Ellen, 2012.
"Moving Forward in African Economic History: Bridging the Gap Between Methods and Sources,"
African Economic History Working Paper
1/2012, African Economic History Network.
- Jerven, Morten & Austin, Gareth & Green, Erik & Uche, Chibuike & Frankema, Ewout & Fourie, Johan & Inikori, Joseph & Moradi, Alexander & Hillbom, Ellen, 2012. "Moving Forward in African Economic History. Bridging the Gap Between Methods and Sources," Lund Papers in Economic History 124, Lund University, Department of Economic History.
- Kander, Astrid & Warde, Paul & Teives Henriques, Sofia & Nielsen, Hana & Kulionis, Viktoras & Hagen, Sven, 2017. "International Trade and Energy Intensity During European Industrialization, 1870–1935," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 139(C), pages 33-44.
- Blair Fix, 2019. "Energy, hierarchy and the origin of inequality," PLOS ONE, Public Library of Science, vol. 14(4), pages 1-32, April.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:bla:ozechr:v:50:y:2010:i:1:p:39-61. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/oznzsea.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.