Characteristics and Implications of Chinese Macroeconomic Data Revisions
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Sinclair, Tara M. & Joutz, Fred & Stekler, H.O., 2010.
"Can the Fed predict the state of the economy?,"
Elsevier, vol. 108(1), pages 28-32, July.
- Tara M. Sinclair & Fred Joutz & Herman O. Stekler, 2009. "Can the Fed Predict the State of the Economy?," Working Papers 2009-001, The George Washington University, Department of Economics, Research Program on Forecasting, revised Mar 2010.
- Tara Sinclair & Frederick L. Joutz, 2009. "Can the Fed Predict the State of the Economy?," Working Papers 2008-06, The George Washington University, Institute for International Economic Policy.
- Sinclair, Tara M. & Stekler, H.O., 2013.
"Examining the quality of early GDP component estimates,"
International Journal of Forecasting,
Elsevier, vol. 29(4), pages 736-750.
- Tara M. Sinclair & H.O. Stekler, 2011. "Examining the Quality of Early GDP Component Estimates," Working Papers 2011-001, The George Washington University, Department of Economics, Research Program on Forecasting, revised Dec 2011.
- Swanson, Norman R. & van Dijk, Dick, 2006.
"Are Statistical Reporting Agencies Getting It Right? Data Rationality and Business Cycle Asymmetry,"
Journal of Business & Economic Statistics,
American Statistical Association, vol. 24, pages 24-42, January.
- Swanson, N.R. & van Dijk, D.J.C., 2001. "Are statistical reporting agencies getting it right? Data rationality and business cycle asymmetry," Econometric Institute Research Papers EI 2001-28, Erasmus University Rotterdam, Erasmus School of Economics (ESE), Econometric Institute.
- Carsten A. Holz, 2006. "China'S Reform Period Economic Growth: How Reliable Are Angus Maddison'S Estimates? Response To Angus Maddison'S Reply," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 52(3), pages 471-475, September.
- Frederick Joutz & H. O. Stekler, 1998. "Data revisions and forecasting," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 30(8), pages 1011-1016.
- Chadwick C. Curtis & Nelson Mark, 2010. "Business Cycles, Consumption and Risk-Sharing: How Different Is China?," NBER Working Papers 16154, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jorg Scheibe, 2003. "The Chinese Output Gap During the Reform Period 1978-2002," Economics Series Working Papers 179, University of Oxford, Department of Economics.
- Dean Croushore, 2011. "Frontiers of Real-Time Data Analysis," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 49(1), pages 72-100, March.
- Gregory Chow, 2006. "Are Chinese Official Statistics Reliable?," CESifo Economic Studies, CESifo, vol. 52(2), pages 396-414, June.
- Harry X. Wu, 2007. "The Chinese GDP Growth Rate Puzzle: How Fast Has the Chinese Economy Grown?," Asian Economic Papers, MIT Press, vol. 6(1), pages 1-23, Winter.
- James E. Kennedy, 1990. "An analysis of revisions to the industrial production index," Working Paper Series / Economic Activity Section 109, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Angus Maddison, 2006. "DO OFFICIAL STATISTICS EXAGGERATE CHINA's GDP GROWTH? A REPLY TO CARSTEN HOLZ," Review of Income and Wealth, International Association for Research in Income and Wealth, vol. 52(1), pages 121-126, March.
- Masahiro Ashiya, 2006. "Testing the rationality of forecast revisions made by the IMF and the OECD," Journal of Forecasting, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 25(1), pages 25-36.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:bof:bofitp:urn:nbn:fi:bof-201511031430 is not listed on IDEAS
- Fernald, John G. & Hsu, Eric & Spiegel, Mark M., 2015.
"Is China fudging its figures? Evidence from trading partner data,"
Working Paper Series
2015-12, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco.
- Fernald, John & Hsu, Eric & Spiegel, Mark M., 2015. "Is China fudging its figures? Evidence from trading partner data," BOFIT Discussion Papers 29/2015, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Holz, Carsten A., 2014. "The quality of China's GDP statistics," China Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 30(C), pages 309-338.
- Pang, Ke & Siklos, Pierre L., 2016.
"Macroeconomic consequences of the real-financial nexus: Imbalances and spillovers between China and the U.S,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 65(C), pages 195-212.
- Pang, Ke & Siklos, Pierre L., 2015. "Macroeconomic consequences of the real-financial nexus: Imbalances and spillovers between China and the U.S," BOFIT Discussion Papers 2/2015, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Harry X. Wu & Eric Girardin, 2016. "The ‘new’ normal is ‘old’ in China: Very late catching up and return to the (pre-WTO) old normal," EcoMod2016 9721, EcoMod.
- Baum, Christopher F. & Kurov, Alexander & Wolfe, Marketa Halova, 2015.
"What do Chinese macro announcements tell us about the world economy?,"
Journal of International Money and Finance,
Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 100-122.
- Christopher F Baum & Alexander Kurov & Marketa W. Halova, 2013. "What do Chinese Macro Announcements Tell Us About the World Economy?," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 834, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 01 Jun 2015.
More about this item
Keywordsforecasting; China; Real-Time Data; Data Revisions;
- C82 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Methodology for Collecting, Estimating, and Organizing Macroeconomic Data; Data Access
- E01 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - General - - - Measurement and Data on National Income and Product Accounts and Wealth; Environmental Accounts
- E30 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles - - - General (includes Measurement and Data)
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:gwi:wpaper:2012-09. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kyle Renner). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/iigwuus.html .