The European Redemption Fund: A Comparison of Two Proposals
This paper proposes a redemption fund for the euro zone countries alternative to that recently proposed by Doluca et al. (2012) – The European Redemption Pact: an Illustrative Guide, GCEE Working Paper No.2, February – and in coherence with a previous proposal of one of the author. In doing so, we envisage a country-specific amortization scheme in which the sovereign debts exceeding the 60% ceiling of GDP is redeemed in 30 years. The paper shows that our redemption scheme is cheaper and less constraining than that proposed by Doluca et al. (2012). Also, our paper shows that fiscal “brakes” – such as those required by the Fiscal Compact – are not necessary for the complete redemption of the Fund.
|Date of creation:||24 Oct 2012|
|Date of revision:|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Doluca, Hasan & Hübner, Malte & Rumpf, Dominik & Weigert, Benjamin, 2012.
"The European Redemption Pact: An illustrative guide,"
02/2012, German Council of Economic Experts / Sachverständigenrat zur Begutachtung der gesamtwirtschaftlichen Entwicklung.
- Hasan Doluca & Malte Hübner & Dominik Rumpf & Benjamin Weigert, 2013. "The European Redemption Pact. An illustrative guide," Revue de l'OFCE, Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(1), pages 341-367.
- Carmen M. & M. Belen Sbrancia, 2011.
"The Liquidation of Government Debt,"
Working Paper Series
WP11-10, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Carmen Reinhart & M. Belen Sbrancia, 2015. "The Liquidation of Government Debt," IMF Working Papers 15/7, International Monetary Fund.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & M. Belen Sbrancia, 2011. "The Liquidation of Government Debt," BIS Working Papers 363, Bank for International Settlements.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & M. Belen Sbrancia, 2011. "The Liquidation of Government Debt," NBER Working Papers 16893, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hasan Doluca & Malte Hübner & Dominik Rumpf & Benjamin Weigert, 2012. "The European Redemption Pact: Implementation and macroeconomic effects," Intereconomics- Review of European Economic Policy, Springer;German National Library of Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 47(4), pages 230-239, July.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:42232. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.