The European Redemption Fund: A Comparison of Two Proposals
This paper proposes a redemption fund for the euro zone countries alternative to that recently proposed by Doluca et al. (2012a) - The European Redemption Pact: an Illustrative Guide, GCEE Working Paper No. 2, February - and in coherence with a previous proposal of one of the author. In doing so, we envisage a country-specific amortization scheme in which the sovereign debts exceeding the 60%-ceiling of GDP is redeemed in 30 years. The paper shows that our redemption scheme is cheaper and less constraining than that proposed by Doluca et al. (2012a). Also, the paper shows that fiscal «brakes» - such as those required by the Fiscal Compact - are not necessary for the complete redemption of the Fund.
Volume (Year): (2012)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| |
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- repec:zbw:svrwwp:022012 is not listed on IDEAS
- Carmen M. Reinhart & M. Belen Sbrancia1, 2015.
"The liquidation of government debt,"
CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 30(82), pages 291-333.
- Carmen M. & M. Belen Sbrancia, 2011. "The Liquidation of Government Debt," Working Paper Series WP11-10, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & M. Belen Sbrancia, 2011. "The Liquidation of Government Debt," BIS Working Papers 363, Bank for International Settlements.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & M. Belen Sbrancia, 2011. "The Liquidation of Government Debt," NBER Working Papers 16893, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carmen Reinhart & M. Belen Sbrancia, 2015. "The Liquidation of Government Debt," IMF Working Papers 15/7, International Monetary Fund.
- Hasan Doluca & Malte Hübner & Dominik Rumpf & Benjamin Weigert, 2012. "The European Redemption Pact: Implementation and macroeconomic effects," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 47(4), pages 230-239, July.
- Hasan Doluca & Malte Hübner & Dominik Rumpf & Benjamin Weigert, 2013.
"The European Redemption Pact. An illustrative guide,"
Revue de l'OFCE,
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(1), pages 341-367.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:mul:je8794:doi:10.1429/74176:y:2012:i:3:p:273-306. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: ()
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.