The european redemption fund: a comparison of two proposals
This paper proposes a redemption fund for the euro zone countries alternative to that recently proposed by Doluca et al. (2012) – The European Redemption Pact: an Illustrative Guide, GCEE Working Paper No.2, February – and in coherence with a previous proposal of one of the author. In doing so, we envisage a country-specific amortization scheme in which the sovereign debts exceeding the 60% ceiling of GDP is redeemed in 30 years. The paper shows that our redemption scheme is cheaper and less constraining than that proposed by Doluca et al. (2012). Also, our paper shows that fiscal “brakes” – such as those required by the Fiscal Compact – are not necessary for the complete redemption of the Fund.
|Date of creation:||24 Oct 2012|
|Date of revision:||26 Nov 2012|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Hasan Doluca & Malte Hübner & Dominik Rumpf & Benjamin Weigert, 2013.
"The European Redemption Pact. An illustrative guide,"
Revue de l'OFCE,
Presses de Sciences-Po, vol. 0(1), pages 341-367.
- Doluca, Hasan & Hübner, Malte & Rumpf, Dominik & Weigert, Benjamin, 2012. "The European Redemption Pact: An illustrative guide," Working Papers 02/2012, German Council of Economic Experts / Sachverständigenrat zur Begutachtung der gesamtwirtschaftlichen Entwicklung.
- Hasan Doluca & Malte Hübner & Dominik Rumpf & Benjamin Weigert, 2012. "The European Redemption Pact: Implementation and macroeconomic effects," Intereconomics: Review of European Economic Policy, Springer;German National Library of Economics;Centre for European Policy Studies (CEPS), vol. 47(4), pages 230-239, July.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & M. Belen Sbrancia1, 2015. "The liquidation of government debt," Economic Policy, CEPR;CES;MSH, vol. 30(82), pages 291-333.
- Carmen M. & M. Belen Sbrancia, 2011. "The Liquidation of Government Debt," Working Paper Series WP11-10, Peterson Institute for International Economics.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & M. Belen Sbrancia, 2011. "The Liquidation of Government Debt," BIS Working Papers 363, Bank for International Settlements.
- Carmen M. Reinhart & M. Belen Sbrancia, 2011. "The Liquidation of Government Debt," NBER Working Papers 16893, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carmen Reinhart & M. Belen Sbrancia, 2015. "The Liquidation of Government Debt," IMF Working Papers 15/7, International Monetary Fund.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:42874. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.