Perceived Internet privacy concerns on social network in Europe
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Catherine Tucker, 2010. "Social Networks, Personalized Advertising, and Privacy Controls," Working Papers 10-07, NET Institute.
- Avi Goldfarb & Catherine E. Tucker, 2011. "Privacy Regulation and Online Advertising," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(1), pages 57-71, January.
- Cuneyt Koyuncu & Donald Lien, 2003. "E-commerce and consumer's purchasing behaviour," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(6), pages 721-726.
- Heikkila, Eric J., 2011. "An information perspective on path dependence," Journal of Institutional Economics, Cambridge University Press, vol. 7(01), pages 23-45, March.
- Neeraj Arora & Xavier Dreze & Anindya Ghose & James Hess & Raghuram Iyengar & Bing Jing & Yogesh Joshi & V. Kumar & Nicholas Lurie & Scott Neslin & S. Sajeesh & Meng Su & Niladri Syam & Jacquelyn Thom, 2008. "Putting one-to-one marketing to work: Personalization, customization, and choice," Marketing Letters, Springer, vol. 19(3), pages 305-321, December.
- George J. Stigler, 1980. "An Introduction to Privacy in Economics and Politics," University of Chicago - George G. Stigler Center for Study of Economy and State 10, Chicago - Center for Study of Economy and State.
- Varian, Hal R, 1985. "Price Discrimination and Social Welfare," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(4), pages 870-875, September.
- Alan L. Montgomery & Shibo Li & Kannan Srinivasan & John C. Liechty, 2004. "Modeling Online Browsing and Path Analysis Using Clickstream Data," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 23(4), pages 579-595, November.
- Chen, Peng-Ting & Hsieh, Hsin-Pei, 2012. "Personalized mobile advertising: Its key attributes, trends, and social impact," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 79(3), pages 543-557.
- Tucker, Catherine E., 2012. "The economics of advertising and privacy," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 326-329.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Edo Rajh & Jelena Budak & Mateo Zokalj, 2016. "Personal Values of Internet Users: A Cluster Analytic Approach," Working Papers 1606, The Institute of Economics, Zagreb.
- Omrani, Nessrine & Soulié, Nicolas, 2017. "Culture, Privacy Conception and Privacy Concern: Evidence from Europe before PRISM," 14th ITS Asia-Pacific Regional Conference, Kyoto 2017: Mapping ICT into Transformation for the Next Information Society 168531, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
More about this item
Keywordseconomics of privacy; social network websites; privacy paradox;
- L96 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Transportation and Utilities - - - Telecommunications
- D12 - Microeconomics - - Household Behavior - - - Consumer Economics: Empirical Analysis
- K39 - Law and Economics - - Other Substantive Areas of Law - - - Other
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-10-06 (All new papers)
- NEP-EUR-2012-10-06 (Microeconomic European Issues)
- NEP-ICT-2012-10-06 (Information & Communication Technologies)
- NEP-NET-2012-10-06 (Network Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:41437. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .