"Now that you mention it": A Survey Experiment on Information, Salience and Online Privacy
Download full text from publisher
Other versions of this item:
- Helia Marreiros & Mirco Tonin & Michael Vlassopoulos & M.C. Schraefel, 2016. "“Now that you mention it”: A Survey Experiment on Information, Salience and Online Privacy," BEMPS - Bozen Economics & Management Paper Series BEMPS34, Faculty of Economics and Management at the Free University of Bozen.
References listed on IDEAS
- Ramnath K. Chellappa & Shivendu Shivendu, 2010. "Mechanism Design for "Free" but "No Free Disposal" Services: The Economics of Personalization Under Privacy Concerns," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 56(10), pages 1766-1780, October.
- Beresford, Alastair R. & Kübler, Dorothea & Preibusch, Sören, 2012.
"Unwillingness to pay for privacy: A field experiment,"
Elsevier, vol. 117(1), pages 25-27.
- Beresford, Alastair R. & Kübler, Dorothea & Preibusch, Sören, 2010. "Unwillingness to Pay for Privacy: A Field Experiment," IZA Discussion Papers 5017, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Beresford, Alastair R. & Kübler, Dorothea & Preibusch, Sören, 2010. "Unwillingness to pay for privacy: A field experiment," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Behavior SP II 2010-03, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Alastair R. Beresford & Dorothea KÃ¼bler & SÃ¶ren Preibusch, 2011. "Unwillingness to Pay for Privacy: A Field Experiment," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2011-010, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Alessandro ACQUISTI & Jens GROSSKLAGS, 2012. "An Online Survey Experiment on Ambiguity and Privacy," Communications & Strategies, IDATE, Com&Strat dept., vol. 1(88), pages 19-39, 4th quart.
- Benndorf, Volker & Kübler, Dorothea & Normann, Hans-Theo, 2015.
"Privacy concerns, voluntary disclosure of information, and unraveling: An experiment,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 43-59.
- Benndorf, Volker & Kübler, Dorothea & Normann, Hans-Theo, 2013. "Privacy concerns, voluntary disclosure of information, and unraveling: An experiment," Discussion Papers, Research Unit: Market Behavior SP II 2013-208, Social Science Research Center Berlin (WZB).
- Benndorf, Volker & Kübler, Dorothea & Normann, Hans-Theo, 2014. "Privacy concerns, voluntary disclosure of information, and unraveling: An experiment," DICE Discussion Papers 168, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Volker Benndorf & Dorothea KÃ¼bler & Hans-Theo Normann, 2013. "Privacy Concerns, Voluntary Disclosure of Information, and Unraveling: An Experiment," SFB 649 Discussion Papers SFB649DP2013-040, Sonderforschungsbereich 649, Humboldt University, Berlin, Germany.
- Avi Goldfarb & Catherine E. Tucker, 2011. "Privacy Regulation and Online Advertising," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 57(1), pages 57-71, January.
- Olivero, Nadia & Lunt, Peter, 2004. "Privacy versus willingness to disclose in e-commerce exchanges: The effect of risk awareness on the relative role of trust and control," Journal of Economic Psychology, Elsevier, vol. 25(2), pages 243-262, April.
- Avi Goldfarb & Catherine Tucker, 2012. "Shifts in Privacy Concerns," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 102(3), pages 349-353, May.
- James Campbell & Avi Goldfarb & Catherine Tucker, 2015. "Privacy Regulation and Market Structure," Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(1), pages 47-73, March.
- Posner, Richard A, 1981. "The Economics of Privacy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 71(2), pages 405-409, May.
- Leslie K. John & Alessandro Acquisti & George Loewenstein, 2011. "Strangers on a Plane: Context-Dependent Willingness to Divulge Sensitive Information," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 37(5), pages 858-873.
- Alessandro Acquisti & Leslie K. John & George Loewenstein, 2013. "What Is Privacy Worth?," The Journal of Legal Studies, University of Chicago Press, vol. 42(2), pages 249-274.
More about this item
Keywordssurvey experiment; information economics; privacy policies; salience; self-disclosure;
- C83 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Data Collection and Data Estimation Methodology; Computer Programs - - - Survey Methods; Sampling Methods
- L38 - Industrial Organization - - Nonprofit Organizations and Public Enterprise - - - Public Policy
- M38 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Government Policy and Regulation
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ces:ceswps:_5756. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Klaus Wohlrabe). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/cesifde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.