Evidence on the effects of mandatory disclaimers in advertising
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Steven M. Shugan, 2006. "Editorial: Who Is Afraid to Give Freedom of Speech to Marketing Folks?," Marketing Science, INFORMS, vol. 25(5), pages 403-410, September.
- Danit Ein-Gar & Baba Shiv & Zakary L. Tormala, 2012. "When Blemishing Leads to Blossoming: The Positive Effect of Negative Information," Journal of Consumer Research, Oxford University Press, vol. 38(5), pages 846-859.
- Mathios, Alan D, 2000. "The Impact of Mandatory Disclosure Laws on Product Choices: An Analysis of the Salad Dressing Market," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 43(2), pages 651-677, October.
- Clifford Winston & Vikram Maheshri & Fred Mannering, 2006. "An exploration of the offset hypothesis using disaggregate data: The case of airbags and antilock brakes," Journal of Risk and Uncertainty, Springer, vol. 32(2), pages 83-99, March.
- Ippolito, Pauline M & Mathios, Alan D, 1995. "Information and Advertising: The Case of Fat Consumption in the United States," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 91-95, May.
- JS Armstrong, 2004. "Peer Review for Journals: Evidence on Quality Control, Fairness, and Innovation," General Economics and Teaching 0412027, EconWPA.
- Clifford Winston, 2008. "The Efficacy of Information Policy: A Review of Archon Fung, Mary Graham, and David Weil's Full Disclosure: The Perils and Promise of Transparency," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 46(3), pages 704-717, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Green, Kesten C., 2013.
"Effects of corporate social responsibility and irresponsibility policies,"
Journal of Business Research,
Elsevier, vol. 66(10), pages 1922-1927.
- Armstrong, J. Scott & Green, Kesten C., 2012. "Effects of corporate social responsibility and irresponsibility policies," MPRA Paper 43007, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordsconsumer protection; corrective advertising; decision making; government regulation; judgment;
- H11 - Public Economics - - Structure and Scope of Government - - - Structure and Scope of Government
- M37 - Business Administration and Business Economics; Marketing; Accounting; Personnel Economics - - Marketing and Advertising - - - Advertising
- K23 - Law and Economics - - Regulation and Business Law - - - Regulated Industries and Administrative Law
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2012-04-10 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBE-2012-04-10 (Cognitive & Behavioural Economics)
- NEP-EXP-2012-04-10 (Experimental Economics)
- NEP-MKT-2012-04-10 (Marketing)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:37766. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .