Towards a benchmark on the contribution of education and training to employability: methodological note
The present report presents the methodological framework applied to define the benchmark on education for employability to be proposed to European Council in 2012. While the three first sections present the proposed indicator, the fourth section discusses the sensitivity of that indicator to a change in data source and its correlation with counterfactuals. Moreover, section 5 presents the forecasting approach applied to define the target level at the horizon 2020. Section 6 presents the results of the deterministic and stochastic forecasting models and section 7 concludes.
|Date of creation:||Sep 2011|
|Date of revision:|
|Publication status:||Published in JRC Scientific and Technical Reports 2011.EUR 24(2011): pp. 1-86|
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Ludwigstraße 33, D-80539 Munich, Germany|
Web page: https://mpra.ub.uni-muenchen.de
More information through EDIRC
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Quintini, Glenda & Martin, John P. & Martin, Sébastien, 2007. "The Changing Nature of the School-to-Work Transition Process in OECD Countries," IZA Discussion Papers 2582, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Arulampalam, Wiji & Booth, Alison L & Taylor, Mark P, 2000. "Unemployment Persistence," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 52(1), pages 24-50, January.
- Hendry, David F., 1995. "Dynamic Econometrics," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198283164, December.
- Garrouste, Christelle, 2011. "Towards a benchmark on the contribution of education and training to employability: methodological note," MPRA Paper 37153, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael P. Clements & David F. Hendry, 2001. "Forecasting Non-Stationary Economic Time Series," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262531895, December.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:37153. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.