Education and Long-Term Unemployment
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Ronald W. McQuaid & Colin Lindsay, 2005. "The Concept of Employability," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 42(2), pages 197-219, February.
- Machin, Stephen & Manning, Alan, 1999.
"The causes and consequences of longterm unemployment in Europe,"
Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & D. Card (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 3, chapter 47, pages 3085-3139
- Stephen Machin & Alan Manning, 1998. "The Causes and Consequences of Long-Term Unemployment in Europe," CEP Discussion Papers dp0400, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Machin, Stephen & Manning, Alan, 1998. "The causes and consequences of long-term unemployment in Europe," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 20255, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- O'Connell, Philip J. & McGuinness, Seamus & Kelly, Elish, 2010. "A Statistical Profiling Model of Long-Term Unemployment Risk in Ireland," Papers WP345, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Guell, Maia, 2001.
"Fixed-term contracts and the duration distribution of unemployment,"
LSE Research Online Documents on Economics
20122, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Maia Güell, 2001. "Fixed-Term Contracts and the Duration Distribution of Unemployment," CEP Discussion Papers dp0505, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Güell, Maia, 2002. "Fixed-Term Contracts and the Duration Distribution of Unemployment," CEPR Discussion Papers 3264, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Maia Güell, 2003. "Fixed-term Contracts and the Duration Distribution of Unemployment," Working Papers 105, Barcelona Graduate School of Economics.
- Güell, Maia, 2003. "Fixed-Term Contracts and the Duration Distribution of Unemployment," IZA Discussion Papers 791, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Maia Güell, 2002. "Fixed-term contracts and the duration distribution of unemployment," Economics Working Papers 602, Department of Economics and Business, Universitat Pompeu Fabra, revised May 2003.
- Korpi, Tomas, 1997. "Is utility related to employment status? Employment, unemployment, labor market policies and subjective well-being among Swedish youth," Labour Economics, Elsevier, vol. 4(2), pages 125-147, June.
- Harry J. Holzer, 1988. "Structural/Frictional and Demand-Deficient Unemployment in Local Labor Markets," NBER Working Papers 2652, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Heckman, James J & Borjas, George J, 1980. "Does Unemployment Cause Future Unemployment? Definitions, Questions and Answers from a Continuous Time Model of Heterogeneity and State Dependence," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 47(187), pages 247-283, August.
- Evans, Philip & McCormick, Barry, 1994. "The New Pattern of Regional Unemployment: Causes and Policy Significance," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 104(424), pages 633-647, May.
- Winkelmann, Liliana & Winkelmann, Rainer, 1998. "Why Are the Unemployed So Unhappy? Evidence from Panel Data," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 65(257), pages 1-15, February.
- Curtis J. Simon, 1988. "Frictional Unemployment and the Role of Industrial Diversity," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 103(4), pages 715-728.
- Burridge, Peter & Gordon, Ian Richard, 1981. "Unemployment in the British Metropolitan Labour Areas," Oxford Economic Papers, Oxford University Press, vol. 33(2), pages 274-297, July.
- Anna Amilon & Mårten Wallette, 2009. "Work Absence - A Signalling Factor for Temporary Workers?," LABOUR, CEIS, vol. 23(1), pages 171-194, March.
- Arrow, Kenneth J., 1973. "Higher education as a filter," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 2(3), pages 193-216, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Wojdyło-Preisner Monika & Zawadzki Kamil, 2015. "Specificity Of Long-Term Unemployment Risk Among Creative Economy Workers / Specyfika Ryzyka Długookresowego Bezrobocia Wśród Pracowników Ekonomii Kreatywnej," Comparative Economic Research, Sciendo, vol. 18(3), pages 37-58, August.
- Bouyon, Sylvain, 2015. "Home ownership, labour markets and the economic crisis," ECRI Papers 10690, Centre for European Policy Studies.
- Oancea, Bogdan & Pospisil, Richard & Dragoescu, Raluca, 2016. "A logit model for the estimation of the educational level influence on unemployment in Romania," MPRA Paper 81719, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 07 Sep 2016.
More about this item
Keywordsunemployment differentials; education and long-term unemployment; regional competitiveness;
- J01 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - General - - - Labor Economics: General
- J64 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Mobility, Unemployment, Vacancies, and Immigrant Workers - - - Unemployment: Models, Duration, Incidence, and Job Search
- J24 - Labor and Demographic Economics - - Demand and Supply of Labor - - - Human Capital; Skills; Occupational Choice; Labor Productivity
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2010-09-25 (All new papers)
- NEP-EDU-2010-09-25 (Education)
- NEP-HRM-2010-09-25 (Human Capital & Human Resource Management)
- NEP-LAB-2010-09-25 (Labour Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:25073. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.