Monetary policy in disarray
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark A. Wynne, 2003. "The Legacy of Milton and Rose Friedman's Free to Choose: Economic Liberalism at the Turn of the 21st Century--Introduction," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas, issue Oct, pages 3-17.
- Epstein, Gerald & Ferguson, Thomas, 1984. "Monetary Policy, Loan Liquidation, and Industrial Conflict: The Federal Reserve and the Open Market Operations of 1932," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 44(04), pages 957-983, December.
- Michel Aglietta & Laurence Scialom, 2008. "Permanence and innovation in central banking policy for financial stability," EconomiX Working Papers 2008-21, University of Paris Nanterre, EconomiX.
- Joseph E. Gagnon & Matthew Raskin & Julie Remache & Brian P. Sack, 2011.
"Large-scale asset purchases by the Federal Reserve: did they work?,"
Economic Policy Review,
Federal Reserve Bank of New York, issue May, pages 41-59.
- Joseph E. Gagnon & Matthew Raskin & Julie Remache & Brian P. Sack, 2010. "Large-scale asset purchases by the Federal Reserve: did they work?," Staff Reports 441, Federal Reserve Bank of New York.
- Tatom, John, 2006. "Money Growth Has Slowed Sharply—Should Anybody Care?," MPRA Paper 17780, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Massimo Guidolin & Christopher J. Neely, 2010. "The effects of large-scale asset purchases on TIPS inflation expectations," Economic Synopses, Federal Reserve Bank of St. Louis.
- Peter Stella & Ulrich H Klueh, 2008. "Central Bank Financial Strength and Policy Performance; An Econometric Evaluation," IMF Working Papers 08/176, International Monetary Fund.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Belongia, Michael T. & Ireland, Peter N., 2015.
"A “Working” Solution To The Question Of Nominal Gdp Targeting,"
Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(03), pages 508-534, April.
- Michael T. Belongia & Peter N. Ireland, 2012. "A "Working" Solution to the Question of Nominal GDP Targeting," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 802, Boston College Department of Economics, revised 04 Jan 2013.
- Michael T. Belongia & Peter N. Ireland, 2013. "Instability: Monetary and Real," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 830, Boston College Department of Economics.
- Michael T. Belongia & Peter N. Ireland, 2012. "Quantitative Easing: Interest Rates and Money in the Measurement of Monetary Policy," Boston College Working Papers in Economics 801, Boston College Department of Economics.
More about this item
Keywordsmonetary policy; credit policy; central banking; Milton Friedman; business cycles;
- E5 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Monetary Policy, Central Banking, and the Supply of Money and Credit
- E3 - Macroeconomics and Monetary Economics - - Prices, Business Fluctuations, and Cycles
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2011-11-14 (All new papers)
- NEP-CBA-2011-11-14 (Central Banking)
- NEP-HPE-2011-11-14 (History & Philosophy of Economics)
- NEP-MAC-2011-11-14 (Macroeconomics)
- NEP-MON-2011-11-14 (Monetary Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:pra:mprapa:34607. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Joachim Winter). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/vfmunde.html .