Searching for clusters in tourism. A quantitative methodological proposal
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Henderson, J. Vernon, 1986. "Efficiency of resource usage and city size," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(1), pages 47-70, January.
- Francesco Capone, 2004. "Regional competitiveness in tourist local systems," ERSA conference papers ersa04p627, European Regional Science Association.
- repec:dgr:rugggd:199944 is not listed on IDEAS
- Michael E. Porter, 2000. "Location, Competition, and Economic Development: Local Clusters in a Global Economy," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 14(1), pages 15-34, February.
- Peter B. Doeringer & David G. Terkla, 1995. "Business Strategy and Cross-Industry Clusters," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 9(3), pages 225-237, August.
- Ark, Bart van & Broersma, Lourens & Jong, Gjalt de, 1999. "Innovation in services : overview of data sources and analytical structures," GGDC Research Memorandum 199944, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Alex R. Hoen, 2002. "Identifying Linkages with a Cluster-based Methodology," Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 14(2), pages 131-146, June.
- Steinle, Claus & Schiele, Holger, 2002. "When do industries cluster?: A proposal on how to assess an industry's propensity to concentrate at a single region or nation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(6), pages 849-858, August.
- Braunerhjelm, Pontus & Carlsson, Bo, 1999. "Industry Clusters in Ohio and Sweden, 1975-1995," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 12(4), pages 279-293, June.
- Hector Rocha, 2004. "Entrepreneurship and Development: The Role of Clusters," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 23(5), pages 363-400, October.
- Jacint Balaguer & Manuel Cantavella-Jorda, 2002.
"Tourism as a long-run economic growth factor: the Spanish case,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(7), pages 877-884.
- Jacint Balaguer & Manuel Cantavella-Jordá, 2000. "Tourism As A Long-Run Economic Growth Factor: The Spanish Case," Working Papers. Serie EC 2000-10, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- James R. Held, 1996. "Clusters as an Economic Development Tool: Beyond the Pitfalls," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 10(3), pages 249-261, August.
- Forni, Mario & Paba, Sergio, 2001. "Knowledge Spillovers and the Growth of Local Industries," CEPR Discussion Papers 2934, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Dan O'Donoghue & Bill Gleave, 2004. "A Note on Methods for Measuring Industrial Agglomeration," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 38(4), pages 419-427.
- Bernard Fingleton & Danilo Igliori & Barry Moore, 2005. "Cluster Dynamics: New Evidence and Projections for Computing Services in Great Britain," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(2), pages 283-311.
- Francesco Capone & Rafael Boix, 2004.
"Sources of Competitiveness in Tourist Local Systems,"
wpdea0408, Department of Applied Economics at Universitat Autonoma of Barcelona.
- Francesco Capone & Rafael Boix, 2005. "Sources of Competitiveness in Tourist Local Systems," ERSA conference papers ersa05p695, European Regional Science Association.
- Eric Pels & Peter Nijkamp & Piet Rietveld, 2001. "Airport and Airline Choice in a Multiple Airport Region: An Empirical Analysis for the San Francisco Bay Area," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(1), pages 1-9.
- Edward Feser & Edward Bergman, 2000. "National Industry Cluster Templates: A Framework for Applied Regional Cluster Analysis," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(1), pages 1-19.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2003.
"Deconstructing clusters: chaotic concept or policy panacea?,"
Journal of Economic Geography,
Oxford University Press, vol. 3(1), pages 5-35, January.
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2002. "Deconstructing Clusters: Chaotic Concept or Policy Panacea," Working Papers wp244, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
- Swann, Peter & Prevezer, Martha, 1996. "A comparison of the dynamics of industrial clustering in computing and biotechnology," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(7), pages 1139-1157, October.
- António Bob Santos, 2002.
"Actividades emergentes – o caso do cluster do turismo/lazer na região de Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro (Portugal),"
- António Bob Santos, 2002. "Actividades emergentes – o caso do cluster do turismo/lazer na região de Trás-os-Montes e Alto Douro (Portugal)," Industrial Organization 0211027, EconWPA.
- Baptista, Rui, 2000. "Do innovations diffuse faster within geographical clusters?," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 515-535, April.
- Peter Maskell & Leïla Kebir, 2005. "What qualifies as a cluster theory?," DRUID Working Papers 05-09, DRUID, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Industrial Economics and Strategy/Aalborg University, Department of Business Studies.
- Edward M. Bergman & Edward J. Feser, . "Industrial and regional Clusters: Concepts and Comparative Applications," Wholbk, Regional Research Institute, West Virginia University, number 19 edited by Randall Jackson, November.
- Rinaldo Brau & Alessandro Lanza & Francesco Pigliaru, 2003. "How Fast are the Tourism Countries Growing? The cross-country evidence," Working Papers 2003.85, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Edward Feser & Stuart Sweeney & Henry Renski, 2005. "A Descriptive Analysis of Discrete U.S. Industrial Complexes," Journal of Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(2), pages 395-419.
- M. Thea Sinclair, 1998. "Tourism and economic development: A survey," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 34(5), pages 1-51.
- Sten Engelstoft & Chris Jensen-Butler & Ian Smith & Lars Winther, 2006. "Industrial clusters in Denmark: Theory and empirical evidence," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 85(1), pages 73-98, March.
- Calvin Jones & Max Munday, 2001. "Blaenavon and United Nations World Heritage Site Status: Is Conservation of Industrial Heritage a Road to Local Economic Development?," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(6), pages 585-590.
- Pasquale M. Sgro & Chi-Chur Chao & Bharat R. Hazari & Jean-Pierre Laffargue & Eden S. H. Yu, 2005.
"Tourism, Jobs, Capital Accumulation and the Economy: A Dynamic Analysis,"
2005.136, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Chi-Chur Chao & Bharat R. Hazari & Jean-Pierre Laffargue & Pasquale M. Sgro & Eden S. H. Yu, 2005. "Tourism, jobs, capital accumulation and the economy: A dynamic analysis," PSE Working Papers halshs-00590811, HAL.
- Nese Kumral & Çagaçan Deger, 2006. "An Industrial Cluster Study: As A Basis For The Aegean Region's Development Policy," Working Papers 0601, Ege University, Department of Economics.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Ghafele, Roya & Gibert, Benjamin, 2012. "A New Institutional Economics Perspective on Trademarks. Rebuilding Post Conflict Zones in Sierra Leone and Croatia," MPRA Paper 37859, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Abel Costa Fernandes, 2009. "Explaining Government Spending: a Cointegration Approach," FEP Working Papers 311, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
More about this item
KeywordsClusters; Tourism; Methodology;
- R12 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Size and Spatial Distributions of Regional Economic Activity; Interregional Trade (economic geography)
- R15 - Urban, Rural, Regional, Real Estate, and Transportation Economics - - General Regional Economics - - - Econometric and Input-Output Models; Other Methods
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
- C67 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Mathematical Methods; Programming Models; Mathematical and Simulation Modeling - - - Input-Output Models
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-ALL-2008-09-29 (All new papers)
- NEP-GEO-2008-09-29 (Economic Geography)
- NEP-TUR-2008-09-29 (Tourism Economics)
- NEP-URE-2008-09-29 (Urban & Real Estate Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:por:fepwps:293. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/fepuppt.html .