Deconstructing clusters: chaotic concept or policy panacea?
Download full text from publisherTo our knowledge, this item is not available for download. To find whether it is available, there are three options:
1. Check below whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Other versions of this item:
- Ron Martin & Peter Sunley, 2002. "Deconstructing Clusters: Chaotic Concept or Policy Panacea," Working Papers wp244, Centre for Business Research, University of Cambridge.
References listed on IDEAS
- Dan Johansson & Dilek Cetindamar & Bo Carlsson & Pontus Braunerhjelm, 2000. "The old and the new: the evolution of polymer and biomedical clusters in Ohio and Sweden," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 10(5), pages 471-488.
- Paul Almeida & Bruce Kogut, 1999. "Localization of Knowledge and the Mobility of Engineers in Regional Networks," Management Science, INFORMS, vol. 45(7), pages 905-917, July.
- Belleflamme, Paul & Picard, Pierre & Thisse, Jacques-Francois, 2000. "An Economic Theory of Regional Clusters," Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 158-184, July.
- Catherine Beaudry, 2001. "Entry, Growth and Patenting in Industrial Clusters: A Study of the Aerospace Industry in the UK," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(3), pages 405-436.
- Audretsch, David B & Feldman, Maryann P, 1996. "R&D Spillovers and the Geography of Innovation and Production," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(3), pages 630-640, June.
- Audretsch, David B, 1998.
"Agglomeration and the Location of Innovative Activity,"
Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(2), pages 18-29, Summer.
- Audretsch, David B, 1998. "Agglomeration and the Location of Innovative Activity," CEPR Discussion Papers 1974, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Julian Birkinshaw & Neil Hood, 2000. "Characteristics of Foreign Subsidiaries in Industry Clusters," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 31(1), pages 141-154, March.
- G. M. Peter Swann & Rui Baptista, 1999. "A comparison of clustering dynamics in the US and UK computer industries," Journal of Evolutionary Economics, Springer, vol. 9(3), pages 373-399.
- Best, Michael, 2001. "The New Competitive Advantage: The Renewal of American Industry," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780198297451.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Breschi, Stefano & Lissoni, Francesco, 2001.
"Knowledge Spillovers and Local Innovation Systems: A Critical Survey,"
Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 10(4), pages 975-1005, December.
- Breschi, Stefano & Lissoni, Francesco, 2000. "Knowledge Spillovers And Local Innovation Systems: A Critical Survey," ERSA conference papers ersa00p362, European Regional Science Association.
- Stefano Breschi & Francesco Lissoni, 2001. "Knowledge spillovers and local innovation systems: a critical survey," LIUC Papers in Economics 84, Cattaneo University (LIUC).
- Iritié, B. G. Jean-Jacques, 2014. "Enjeux des politiques industrielles basées sur les clusters d'innovation: cas des pôles de compétitivité [Issues of Innovative Clusters-based Industrial Policy: Case of Pole of Competitiveness]," MPRA Paper 54429, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gilbert, Brett Anitra & McDougall, Patricia P. & Audretsch, David B., 2008. "Clusters, knowledge spillovers and new venture performance: An empirical examination," Journal of Business Venturing, Elsevier, vol. 23(4), pages 405-422, July.
- Thomas Doring & Jan Schnellenbach, 2006.
"What do we know about geographical knowledge spillovers and regional growth?: A survey of the literature,"
Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(3), pages 375-395.
- Döring, Thomas & Schnellenbach, Jan, 2004. "What Do We Know About Geographical Knowledge Spillovers and Regional Growth? A Survey of the Literature," Research Notes 14, Deutsche Bank Research.
- Iritié, B. G. Jean Jacques, 2016. "Economic issues of innovation clusters-based industrial policy : a critical overview," EconStor Preprints 142746, ZBW - Leibniz Information Centre for Economics.
- Elicia Maine & Daniel Shapiro & Aidan Vining, 2010. "The role of clustering in the growth of new technology-based firms," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 127-146, February.
- Ashish Arora & Sharon Belenzon & Honggi Lee, 2018.
"Reversed citations and the localization of knowledge spillovers,"
Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(3), pages 495-521.
- Ashish Arora & Sharon Belenzon & Honggi Lee, 2017. "Reversed Citations and the Localization of Knowledge Spillovers," NBER Working Papers 23036, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Hector Rocha, 2004. "Entrepreneurship and Development: The Role of Clusters," Small Business Economics, Springer, vol. 23(5), pages 363-400, October.
- Ana Paula Faria & Natália Barbosa & Vasco Eiriz, 2015. "Firm Innovation and Co-Location in Portugal," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 46(4), pages 574-592, December.
- Catherine Beaudry & Stefano Breschi, 2000. "Does 'Clustering' really help firms'innovative activities?," KITeS Working Papers 111, KITeS, Centre for Knowledge, Internationalization and Technology Studies, Universita' Bocconi, Milano, Italy, revised Jul 2000.
- Rui Baptista & Joana Mendonça, 2010. "Proximity to knowledge sources and the location of knowledge-based start-ups," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 45(1), pages 5-29, August.
- Matthias Firgo & Peter Mayerhofer, 2015. "Wissens-Spillovers und regionale Entwicklung - welche strukturpolitische Ausrichtung optimiert des Wachstum?," Working Paper Reihe der AK Wien - Materialien zu Wirtschaft und Gesellschaft 144, Kammer für Arbeiter und Angestellte für Wien, Abteilung Wirtschaftswissenschaft und Statistik.
- Apostolos Baltzopoulos & Pontus Braunerhjelm & Ioannis Tikoudis, 2016.
"Spin-offs: why geography matters,"
Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 16(2), pages 273-303.
- Baltzopoulos, Apostolos & Braunerhjelm, Pontus & Tikoudis, Ioannis, 2014. "Spin-offs: Why geography matters," Working Paper Series in Economics and Institutions of Innovation 389, Royal Institute of Technology, CESIS - Centre of Excellence for Science and Innovation Studies.
- Dietmar Harhoff & Elisabeth Mueller & John Van Reenen, 2014.
"What are the Channels for Technology Sourcing? Panel Data Evidence from German Companies,"
Journal of Economics & Management Strategy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 23(1), pages 204-224, March.
- Harhoff, Dietmar, 2012. "What are the Channels for Technology Sourcing? Panel Data Evidence from German Companies," Discussion Papers in Business Administration 14327, University of Munich, Munich School of Management.
- Dietmar Harhoff & Elisabeth Mueller & John Van Reenen, 2013. "What are the Channels for Technology Sourcing? Panel Data Evidence from German Companies," CEP Discussion Papers dp1193, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Harhoff, Dietmar & Mueller, Elisabeth & Van Reenen, John, 2012. "What are the channels for technology sourcing? Panel data evidence from German companies," Frankfurt School - Working Paper Series 187, Frankfurt School of Finance and Management.
- Harhoff, Dietmar & Mueller, Elisabeth & Van Reenen, John, 2013. "What are the channels for technology sourcing? Panel data evidence from German companies," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 51524, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Rosina Moreno & Ernest Miguélez, 2012.
"A Relational Approach To The Geography Of Innovation: A Typology Of Regions,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 26(3), pages 492-516, July.
- Rosina Moreno & Ernest Miguélez, 2011. "A relational approach to the geography of innovation: a typology of regions," IREA Working Papers 201121, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Oct 2011.
- Roper, Stephen & Hewitt-Dundas, Nola & Love, James H., 2004. "An ex ante evaluation framework for the regional benefits of publicly supported R&D projects," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(3), pages 487-509, April.
- Ernest Miguélez & Rosina Moreno, 2013.
"Do Labour Mobility and Technological Collaborations Foster Geographical Knowledge Diffusion? The Case of European Regions,"
Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 44(2), pages 321-354, June.
- Ernest Miguélez & Rosina Moreno, 2013. "“Do labour mobility and technological collaborations foster geographical knowledge diffusion? The case of European regions”," IREA Working Papers 201314, University of Barcelona, Research Institute of Applied Economics, revised Jul 2013.
- Ernest Miguélez & Rosina Moreno, 2013. "“Do labour mobility and technological collaborations foster geographical knowledge diffusion? The case of European regions”," AQR Working Papers 201306, University of Barcelona, Regional Quantitative Analysis Group, revised Jul 2013.
- Blomkvist, Katarina & Kappen, Philip & Zander, Ivo, 2014. "Superstar inventors—Towards a people-centric perspective on the geography of technological renewal in the multinational corporation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 669-682.
- Ron Boschma & Simona Iammarino & Raffaele Paci & Jordy Suriñach & Corinne Autant-Bernard & Sylvie Chalaye & Elisa Gagliardini & Stefano Usai, 2017.
"European Knowledge Neighbourhood: Knowledge Production in EU Neighbouring Countries and Intensity of the Relationship with EU Countries,"
Tijdschrift voor Economische en Sociale Geografie, Royal Dutch Geographical Society KNAG, vol. 108(1), pages 52-75, February.
- Corinne Autant-Bernard & Sylvie Chalaye & Elisa Gagliardini & Stefano Usai, 2017. "European Knowledge Neighbourhood: Knowledge production in EU neighboring countries and intensity of the relationship with EU countries," Post-Print halshs-01196629, HAL.
- Elisabet Viladecans Marsal, 2002. "The growth of cities: Does agglomeration matter?," Working Papers 2002/3, Institut d'Economia de Barcelona (IEB).
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oup:jecgeo:v:3:y:2003:i:1:p:5-35. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://joeg.oxfordjournals.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Oxford University Press (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://joeg.oxfordjournals.org/ .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.