When do industries cluster?: A proposal on how to assess an industry's propensity to concentrate at a single region or nation
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Furtado, Andre, 1997. "The French system of innovation in the oil industry some lessons about the role of public policies and sectoral patterns of technological change in innovation networking," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 25(8), pages 1243-1259, January.
- Saxenian, AnnaLee, 1991. "The origins and dynamics of production networks in Silicon Valley," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 423-437, October.
- Cooke, Philip & Gomez Uranga, Mikel & Etxebarria, Goio, 1997. "Regional innovation systems: Institutional and organisational dimensions," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(4-5), pages 475-491, December.
- DeBresson, Chris & Amesse, Fernand, 1991. "Networks of innovators :A review and introduction to the issue," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 20(5), pages 363-379, October.
- Patel, Pari & Vega, Modesto, 1999. "Patterns of internationalisation of corporate technology: location vs. home country advantages1," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 145-155, March.
- Rolf Weder & Herbert Grubel, 1993. "The New Growth Theory and Coasean economics: Institutions to capture externalities," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 129(3), pages 488-513, September.
- Penttinen, Risto, 1994. "Summary of the Critique on Porter's Diamond Model. Porter's Diamond Model Modified to Suit theFinnish Paper and Board Machine Industry," Discussion Papers 462, The Research Institute of the Finnish Economy.
- Chris Freeman & Luc Soete, 1997. "The Economics of Industrial Innovation, 3rd Edition," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 3, volume 1, number 0262061953, January.
- Richardson, G B, 1972. "The Organisation of Industry," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 82(327), pages 883-896, September.
- Baptista, Rui & Swann, Peter, 1998. "Do firms in clusters innovate more?," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 27(5), pages 525-540, September.
- Brusco, Sebastiano, 1982. "The Emilian Model: Productive Decentralisation and Social Integration," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 6(2), pages 167-184, June.
- Audretsch, David B & Feldman, Maryann P, 1995. "Innovative Clusters and the Industry Life Cycle," CEPR Discussion Papers 1161, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Roberta Capello, 1999. "Spatial Transfer of Knowledge in High Technology Milieux: Learning Versus Collective Learning Processes," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(4), pages 353-365.
- Pari Patel & Keith Pavitt, 1991. "Large Firms in the Production of the World’s Technology: An Important Case of “Non-Globalisation”," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 22(1), pages 1-21, March.
- Silvia Fabiani & Guido Pellegrini, 1998. "Un'analisi quantitativa delle imprese nei distretti industriali italiani: redditività, produttività e costo del lavoro," L'industria, Società editrice il Mulino, issue 4, pages 811-832.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hansen , Teis & Coenen , Lars, 2013. "The Geography of Sustainability Transitions: A Literature Review," Papers in Innovation Studies 2013/39, Lund University, CIRCLE - Center for Innovation, Research and Competences in the Learning Economy.
- Titze, Mirko & Brachert, Matthias & Kubis, Alexander, 2010. "The Identification of Industrial Clusters – Methodical Aspects in a Multidimensional Framework for Cluster Identification," IWH Discussion Papers 14/2010, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Krafft, Jackie, 2004. "Entry, exit and knowledge: evidence from a cluster in the info-communications industry," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(10), pages 1687-1706, December.
- He, Zheng & Rayman-Bacchus, Lez & Wu, Yiming, 2011. "Self-organization of industrial clustering in a transition economy: A proposed framework and case study evidence from China," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 40(9), pages 1280-1294.
- Piątyszek-Pych Alina, 2013. "Determinants of the emergence and the development of clusters / Determinanty powstania i rozwoju klastrów," Management, De Gruyter Open, vol. 17(1), pages 58-77, May.
- Chang, Chia-Lin & Oxley, Les, 2009.
"Industrial agglomeration, geographic innovation and total factor productivity: The case of Taiwan,"
Mathematics and Computers in Simulation (MATCOM),
Elsevier, vol. 79(9), pages 2787-2796.
- Chia-Lin Chang & Les Oxley, 2008. "Industrial Agglomeration, Geographic Innovation and Total Factor Productivity: The Case of Taiwan," Working Papers in Economics 08/14, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- repec:spr:jknowl:v:8:y:2017:i:1:d:10.1007_s13132-015-0263-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cristina Santos & Alexandre Almeida & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2008. "Searching for clusters in tourism. A quantitative methodological proposal," FEP Working Papers 293, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Titze, Mirko & Brachert, Matthias & Kubis, Alexander, 2008. "The Identification of Regional Industrial Clusters Using Qualitative Input-Output Analysis," IWH Discussion Papers 13/2008, Halle Institute for Economic Research (IWH).
- Mirko Titze & Matthias Brachert & Alexander Kubis, 2011. "Local and regional knowledge sources of industrial clusters - methodical aspects in a multidimensional framework for cluster identification," ERSA conference papers ersa10p709, European Regional Science Association.
- Lutz Eigenhüller & Nicole Litzel & Stefan Fuchs, 2015. "Who with whom: Co-operation activities in a cluster region," Papers in Regional Science, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 94(3), pages 469-497, August.
- Jackie Krafft, 2004. "Entry, exit and knowledge: evidence from a cluster in the info-communications," Post-Print hal-00203625, HAL.
- Pla-Barber, José & Puig, Francisco, 2009. "Is the influence of the industrial district on international activities being eroded by globalization?: Evidence from a traditional manufacturing industry," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 18(5), pages 435-445, October.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:31:y:2002:i:6:p:849-858. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Dana Niculescu). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .