Patterns of internationalisation of corporate technology: location vs. home country advantages1
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- repec:fth:harver:1473 is not listed on IDEAS
- Patel, Pari, 1995. "Localised Production of Technology for Global Markets," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 141-153, February.
- Raymond Vernon, 1966. "International Investment and International Trade in the Product Cycle," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 80(2), pages 190-207.
- Zvi Griliches, 1998.
"Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey,"
NBER Chapters, in: R&D and Productivity: The Econometric Evidence, pages 287-343,
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Griliches, Zvi, 1990. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 28(4), pages 1661-1707, December.
- Zvi Griliches, 1990. "Patent Statistics as Economic Indicators: A Survey," NBER Working Papers 3301, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pari Patel & Keith Pavitt, 1991. "Large Firms in the Production of the World’s Technology: An Important Case of “Non-Globalisation”," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 22(1), pages 1-21, March.
- Cantwell, John, 1995. "The Globalisation of Technology: What Remains of the Product Cycle Model?," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 19(1), pages 155-174, February.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Cantwell, John & Janne, Odile, 1999. "Technological globalisation and innovative centres: the role of corporate technological leadership and locational hierarchy1," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 119-144, March.
- Blomkvist, Katarina & Kappen, Philip & Zander, Ivo, 2014. "Superstar inventors—Towards a people-centric perspective on the geography of technological renewal in the multinational corporation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 43(4), pages 669-682.
- Michele Cincera & Bruno van Pottelsberghe de la Potterie & Veugelers Reinhilde, 2006.
"Assessing the foreign control of production of technology: The case of a small open economy,"
Scientometrics, Springer;Akadémiai Kiadó, vol. 66(3), pages 493-512, March.
- Cincera, Michele & van Pottelsberghe de la Potterie, Bruno & Veugelers, Reinhilde, 2005. "Assessing the Foreign Control of Production of Technology: The Case of a Small Open Economy," CEPR Discussion Papers 4945, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Michele Cincera & Bruno Van Pottelsberghe & Reinhilde Veugelers, 2006. "Assessing the foreign control of production of technology: The case of a small open economy," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/111856, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Bas, Christian Le & Sierra, Christophe, 2002. "'Location versus home country advantages' in R&D activities: some further results on multinationals' locational strategies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 31(4), pages 589-609, May.
- Marina Papanastassiou & Robert Pearce & Antonello Zanfei, 2020. "Changing perspectives on the internationalization of R&D and innovation by multinational enterprises: A review of the literature," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 51(4), pages 623-664, June.
- Patricia Laurens & Christian Le Bas & Antoine Schoen & Philippe Larédo, 2015. "Internationalisation of European MNCs R&D: " deglobalisation " and evolution of the locational strategies [Internationalisation de la recherche développement des FMN européennes : « déglo," Post-Print hal-01775107, HAL.
- Mafini Dosso & Antonio Vezzani, 2015. "Top R&D investors and international knowledge seeking: the role of emerging technologies and technological proximity," JRC Working Papers on Corporate R&D and Innovation 2015-09, Joint Research Centre (Seville site).
- Marian Beise & Heike Belitz, 1998.
"Trends in the Internationalisation of R&D - the German Perspective,"
Vierteljahrshefte zur Wirtschaftsforschung / Quarterly Journal of Economic Research, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research, vol. 67(2), pages 67-85.
- Marian Beise & Heike Belitz, 1998. "Trends in the Internationalisation of R&D: The German Perspective," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 167, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Lorena D’Agostino, 2015. "The neglected effects of R&D captive offshoring in emerging countries on the creation of knowledge at home," Economia e Politica Industriale: Journal of Industrial and Business Economics, Springer;Associazione Amici di Economia e Politica Industriale, vol. 42(1), pages 61-91, March.
- Buckley, Peter J. & Hashai, Niron, 2005. "Firm configuration and internationalisation: A model," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 14(6), pages 655-675, December.
- John A. Cantwell & Lucia Piscitello, 2003. "The Recent Location of Foreign R&D Activities by Large MNCs in the European Regions. The Role of Different Sources of Spillovers," ERSA conference papers ersa03p322, European Regional Science Association.
- Andreas Schibany & Bernhard Dachs, 2003. "Patente. Ein Indikator für technologische Leistungsfähigkeit und Internationalisierung," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 24788.
- Su-Ann Mae Phillips & Henry Wai-chung Yeung, 2003. "A Place for R&D? The Singapore Science Park," Urban Studies, Urban Studies Journal Limited, vol. 40(4), pages 707-732, April.
- Sadowski, Bert M. & Sadowski-Rasters, Gaby, 2006. "On the innovativeness of foreign affiliates: Evidence from companies in The Netherlands," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 447-462, April.
- Zander, Ivo, 1999. "How do you mean 'global'? An empirical investigation of innovation networks in the multinational corporation," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 28(2-3), pages 195-213, March.
- Gaétan de Rassenfosse & Russell Thomson, 2019.
"R&D offshoring and home industry productivity,"
Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 28(6), pages 1497-1513.
- Gaetan de Rassenfosse & Russell Thomson, 2018. "R&D offshoring and home industry productivity," Working Papers 5, Chair of Innovation and IP Policy.
- John Cantwell & Simona Iammarino, 1998. "MNCs, Technological Innovation and Regional Systems in the EU: Some Evidence in the Italian Case," International Journal of the Economics of Business, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(3), pages 383-408.
- Quintás, Maria A. & Vázquez, Xosé H. & Garcia, José M. & Caballero, Gloria, 2008. "Geographical amplitude in the international generation of technology: Present situation and business determinants," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(8), pages 1371-1381, September.
- Andrea Fernández-Ribas & Philip Shapira, 2009. "Technological diversity, scientific excellence and the location of inventive activities abroad: the case of nanotechnology," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 34(3), pages 286-303, June.
- Athreye, Suma & Cantwell, John, 2007.
"Creating competition?: Globalisation and the emergence of new technology producers,"
Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 36(2), pages 209-226, March.
- Suma Athreye & John Cantwell, 2005. "Creating Competition? Globalisation and the emergence of new technology producers," Open Discussion Papers in Economics 52, The Open University, Faculty of Social Sciences, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:respol:v:28:y:1999:i:2-3:p:145-155. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If CitEc recognized a bibliographic reference but did not link an item in RePEc to it, you can help with this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Catherine Liu (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.elsevier.com/locate/respol .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.