How Fast are the Tourism Countries Growing? The cross-country evidence
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Copeland, Brian R, 1991. "Tourism, Welfare and De-industrialization in a Small Open Economy," Economica, London School of Economics and Political Science, vol. 58(232), pages 515-529, November.
- Gene M. Grossman (ed.), 1996. "Economic Growth," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, volume 0, number 553.
- Robert J. Barro & Paul Romer, 1993. "Economic Growth," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number barr93-1.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1992.
"A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth,"
The Quarterly Journal of Economics,
Oxford University Press, vol. 107(2), pages 407-437.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David Weil, 1990. "A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth," Working Papers 1990-24, Brown University, Department of Economics.
- N. Gregory Mankiw & David Romer & David N. Weil, 1990. "A Contribution to the Empirics of Economic Growth," NBER Working Papers 3541, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Marina Murat & Francesco Pigliaru, 1998. "International trade and uneven growth: a model with intersectoral spillovers of knowledge," The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 7(2), pages 221-236.
- Lucas, Robert Jr., 1988. "On the mechanics of economic development," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1), pages 3-42, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Andreas Freytag & Christoph Vietze, 2013.
"Can nature promote development? The role of sustainable tourism for economic growth,"
Journal of Environmental Economics and Policy,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 16-44, March.
- Andreas Freytag & Christoph Vietze, 2010. "Can nature promote development? The role of sustainable tourism for economic growth," Jena Economic Research Papers 2010-008, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Gawande, Kishore & Maloney, William & Montes-Rojas, Gabriel, 2009.
"Foreign informational lobbying can enhance tourism: Evidence from the Caribbean,"
Journal of Development Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 90(2), pages 267-275, November.
- Gawande, Kishore & Maloney, William & Montes Rojas, Gabriel V., 2009. "Foreign informational lobbying can enhance tourism : evidence from the Caribbean," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4834, The World Bank.
- Elena Bellini & Ugo Gasparino & Barbara Del Corpo & William Malizia, 2007. "Impact of Cultural Tourism upon Urban Economies: An Econometric Exercise," Working Papers 2007.85, Fondazione Eni Enrico Mattei.
- Aliv Banerjee Author_Email: & Nilanjan Ray & Sukanya Gosh, 2011. "Issues And Challenges Of Tourism Development In West Bengal, India," International Conference on Management (ICM 2011) Proceeding 2011-053-157, Conference Master Resources.
- Ogunleye, Eric Kehinde, 2011. "Emerging Evidence on the Relative Importance of Sectoral Sources of Growth in Sub-Saharan Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series 061, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Jorge Ridderstaat & Robertico Croes & Peter Nijkamp, 2013. "Modelling Tourism Development and Long-run Economic Growth in Aruba," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 13-145/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Cellini, Roberto & Torrisi, Gianpiero, 2009.
"The regional public spending for tourism in Italy: an empirical analysis,"
16917, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cellini, Roberto & Torrisi, Gianpiero, 2010. "The regional public spending for tourism in Italy: an empirical analysis," DEMQ Working Paper Series 2010/10, University of Catania, Department of Economics and Quantitative Methods.
- Cellini, Roberto & Torrisi, Gianpiero, 2009. "The regional public spending for tourism in Italy: An empirical analysis," MPRA Paper 16131, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- repec:cmj:journl:y:2013:i:29:popescu is not listed on IDEAS
- Cristina Santos & Alexandre Almeida & Aurora A.C. Teixeira, 2008. "Searching for clusters in tourism. A quantitative methodological proposal," FEP Working Papers 293, Universidade do Porto, Faculdade de Economia do Porto.
- Ruben Loon & Tom Gosens & Jan Rouwendal, 2014.
"Cultural heritage and the attractiveness of cities: evidence from recreation trips,"
Journal of Cultural Economics,
Springer;The Association for Cultural Economics International, vol. 38(3), pages 253-285, August.
- Ruben van Loon & Tom Gosens & Jan Rouwendal, 2014. "Cultural Heritage and the Attractiveness of Cities: Evidence from Recreation Trips," Tinbergen Institute Discussion Papers 14-049/VIII, Tinbergen Institute.
- Laura-Maria POPESCU & Ileana NISULESCU, 2013. "Tourism in time of crisis and influence in the process of increase economic. Comparative analysis Romania-Bulgaria-Greece," SEA - Practical Application of Science, Fundația Română pentru Inteligența Afacerii, Editorial Department, issue 2, pages 251-259, October.
- Juin‐Jen Chang & Lee‐Jung Lu & Shih‐Wen Hu, 2011. "Congestion Externalities of Tourism, Dutch Disease and Optimal Taxation: Macroeconomic Implications," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 87(276), pages 90-108, March.
- Claire GOAVEC & Jean-François HOARAU, 2015.
"Vulnérabilité Économique Structurelle Et Dépendance Touristique : Quels Enseignements Pour Les Petites Économies Insulaires En Développement,"
Region et Developpement,
Region et Developpement, LEAD, Universite du Sud - Toulon Var, vol. 42, pages 157-188.
- Claire Goavec & Jean-François Hoarau, 2015. "Vulnérabilité Économique Structurelle Et Dépendance Touristique: Quels Enseignements Pour Les Petites Économies Insulaires En Développement," Post-Print hal-01454720, HAL.
- Ana-Maria NICA, 2015. "Raising Tourism Competitiveness - Are Clusters The Sustainable Solution?," Proceedings of International Academic Conferences 2503894, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Luca Brandi, 2004. "The Economy of Small States," Rivista di Politica Economica, SIPI Spa, vol. 94(6), pages 145-173, November-.
- Bichaka Fayissa & Christian Nsiah & Badassa Tadasse, 2009. "Tourism and Economic Growth in Latin American Countries(LAC): Further Empirical Evidence," Working Papers 200902, Middle Tennessee State University, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Andreas Freytag & Christoph Vietze, 2006. "International Tourism, development and Biodiversity: First Evidence," Jenaer Schriften zur Wirtschaftswissenschaft (Expired!) 11/2006, Friedrich-Schiller-Universität Jena, Wirtschaftswissenschaftliche Fakultät.
- Tiago Neves Sequeira & Paulo Macas Nunes, 2008. "Does tourism influence economic growth? A dynamic panel data approach," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 40(18), pages 2431-2441.
- Jorge Ridderstaat & Robertico Croes, 2013. "The Force Field of Tourism," Review of Economic Analysis, Rimini Centre for Economic Analysis, vol. 5(1), pages 1-24, June.
- Nasir Muhammad Ali & Wu Junjie & Guerrero José Calderón, 2015. "Economic Growth, Exchange Rate and Constrained Competiveness of the Tourism Sector in Andalucía," International Journal of Management and Economics, De Gruyter Open, vol. 48(1), pages 84-100, December.
- Benzarour, Choukri & satour, rachid, 2016.
"السياحة والنمو الاقتصادي في الجزائر : الأدلة من التكامل المشترك و تحليل السببية
[Tourism and economic growth in Algeria: Evidence of Cointegration and causal analysis]," MPRA Paper 78731, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- OA Carboni & G. Medda, 2007. "Government Size and the Composition of Public Spending in a Neoclassical Growth Model," Working Paper CRENoS 200701, Centre for North South Economic Research, University of Cagliari and Sassari, Sardinia.
- Elçin Aykac Alp & Elif Guneren Genc, 2015. "The Relation between Current Account Deficit and Tourism: The Case of Turkey," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 5(2), pages 448-453.
More about this item
KeywordsEconomic growth; Convergence; Tourism specialization; Sustainable development;
- O11 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Development - - - Macroeconomic Analyses of Economic Development
- O41 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economic Growth and Aggregate Productivity - - - One, Two, and Multisector Growth Models
- O57 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Economywide Country Studies - - - Comparative Studies of Countries
- Q01 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - General - - - Sustainable Development
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-DEV-2004-09-12 (Development)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:fem:femwpa:2003.85. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (barbara racah). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/feemmit.html .